WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Is it a WP limitation that we are not able to change the whatsapp tone?
any option to change the push notification tone?

I think new Whatsapp update allows you set custom notification tone if you've GDR3. I can't say for sure because I don't have Whatsapp installed on my phone.

Edit: Nevermind. They've not added that option yet.

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys:

I notice something :shocked:
I believe that whatsapp for WP8 is just a web browser ............ it is not an application !!

This is really bad for me :angry:

I tried to view chat history with one of my friends and it was long history with slow connection and whatsapp was acting just like a web browser

come on Microsoft ............. if the picture is not saved on my phone storage so it is on web

I believe that Microsoft should soon allow to third party apps to save on phone storage images, Music & video

Windows Phone 8 .................. They should fix this stuff soon

Whatsapp is an application, they don't store any messages on their servers after it has been delivered.

Is it a WP limitation that we are not able to change the whatsapp tone?
any option to change the push notification tone?

It isn't a limitation, just the way the app has been developed.

It was a restriction that has been removed in GDR3, hopefully the Whatsapp team will add the ability to change the notification sound in an upcoming update.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I had 50 recent chats.. I got connection error and delays..
Than I started deleting chats, now its smooth.
Dont know y but it worked..

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 India

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It was a restriction that has been removed in GDR3, hopefully the Whatsapp team will add the ability to change the notification sound in an upcoming update.

Again i want to be clear, the restriction was to change notification sounds for the entire system which has been removed, meaning users would be able to change toast notification sounds after update 3. There was/is no restriction for individual apps to make their notification sounds configurable, whatsapp could have baked in this functionality starting v1 for WP8

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Again i want to be clear, the restriction was to change notification sounds for the entire system which has been removed, meaning users would be able to change toast notification sounds after update 3. There was/is no restriction for individual apps to make their notification sounds configurable, whatsapp could have baked in this functionality starting v1 for WP8

Can you provide an example of an app that had configurable notification sounds before GDR3?

slovenec

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me or the WhatsApp WP8 client is working worse and worse every day? Messages not arriving or not showing notifications. Notifications without sound (just visual); or vice-versa, sound notifications without visual ones. Delays in sending messages, even if you're hooked to a wifi network?

Just to clarify with you guys, cause I'm quite new to WP. Is this WhatsApp's fault or is it MS with it's push system?

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99