WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassan mohamed

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem with whatsapp on my lumia 620
I download it and installed it successfully but it couldn't connect to the server .. always shows ( can't connect to whatsapp )
my network connection is fine all other apps work perfectly
i'm in sudan
help please

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem with whatsapp on my lumia 620
I download it and installed it successfully but it couldn't connect to the server .. always shows ( can't connect to whatsapp )
my network connection is fine all other apps work perfectly
i'm in sudan
help please

is your time zone and date correct?

livekyle

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or the WhatsApp WP8 client is working worse and worse every day? Messages not arriving or not showing notifications. Notifications without sound (just visual); or vice-versa, sound notifications without visual ones. Delays in sending messages, even if you're hooked to a wifi network?

Just to clarify with you guys, cause I'm quite new to WP. Is this WhatsApp's fault or is it MS with it's push system?

Cheers.

Hey, I basically just wanted to ask the same question...on my GF's Lumia 620 WhatsApp messages quite often don't give notifications or any other sign. When she opens the app she sees that there are messages but there are NO signs whatsoever on the tile/lockscreen. Sometimes the service works correctly though. I would estimate a 50:50 hit/miss ratio...that's obviously not very satisfying for an instant messaging service : (

We already tried reinstalling the app...no success. She has push enabled and everything. And she has Wifi always on option enabled. We made sure everything is set up just as on my L920 (on which WhatsApp works okay...only very very few "outages" like the ones I described above) so basically everything should work smoothly. I really don't know what else to do...any ideas or any other folks who are experiencing the same issues?

Thanks!

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I basically just wanted to ask the same question...on my GF's Lumia 620 WhatsApp messages quite often don't give notifications or any other sign. When she opens the app she sees that there are messages but there are NO signs whatsoever on the tile/lockscreen. Sometimes the service works correctly though. I would estimate a 50:50 hit/miss ratio...that's obviously not very satisfying for an instant messaging service : (
Thanks!
same here...i'm not getting notifications anymore. It used to work two weeks ago.

johnz87369

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
same here...i'm not getting notifications anymore. It used to work two weeks ago.

its been like this for me since gdr2, very frustrating, sometimes it works, sometimes i open whatsapp only to see a new message that didnt get a notification or even an update on the livetile. Basic functions like this not working makes me wonder why i should stay with wp8(not saying its microsofts fault, who knows maybe it is maybe it isnt. i dont give a **** i just want my phone to work).

vikrant6

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

We already tried reinstalling the app...no success. She has push enabled and everything. And she has Wifi always on option enabled. We made sure everything is set up just as on my L920 (on which WhatsApp works okay...only very very few "outages" like the ones I described above) so basically everything should work smoothly. I really don't know what else to do...any ideas or any other folks who are experiencing the same issues?

Thanks!

From last one month or so my WhatsApp has completely stopped getting notifications. I never get messages in background. Even when not closing the app, going back by pressing windows button. The moment i open app, all messages arrive. Have tried all the option like reset, reinstall and all. Now trying living with it :(

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

raju_taran

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I was also having same issue before but its now solved after done the following, i am using 720 & 920.

Chk this in Settings:
1. Settings -- Application --- Back Ground Task: Whatsapp should not be blocked to run in Back ground App
2. Data Sense -- Settings: Uncheck ?? Restrict background data when i am near my Limit??
3. If you run battery saver mode then you have to deactivate it: Leave Battery Saver ON, in Advance Settings select Conserve Battery: When Battery is Low.

Give a Restart or Soft Reset (Vol. Down + Power) might give a solution to your problem.

livekyle

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I was also having same issue before but its now solved after done the following, i am using 720 & 920.

Chk this in Settings:
1. Settings -- Application --- Back Ground Task: Whatsapp should not be blocked to run in Back ground App
2. Data Sense -- Settings: Uncheck ?? Restrict background data when i am near my Limit??
3. If you run battery saver mode then you have to deactivate it: Leave Battery Saver ON, in Advance Settings select Conserve Battery: When Battery is Low.

Give a Restart or Soft Reset (Vol. Down + Power) might give a solution to your problem.

Thanks for your reply but I'm afraid this won't solve the problem...

1. I myself have the background task disabled and WhatsApp works flawless on my phone (except for the very very few cases I wrote above in my previous post, but those are actually not worth mentioning haha). So I guess this one isn't the culprit.
2. She hasn't set a limit in Data Sense so she can't uncheck the option you mentioned. Also, she doesn't even have a data plan so she exclusively uses WIFI for which Data Sense's limit doesn't apply...
3. Battery saver mode is disabled so that's not it either...

Actually not sure if we tried rebooting the phone but I don't think this would solve the problem.

Thanks again though :)

slovenec

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Chk this in Settings:

That doesn't work for me.
Tried both, enabling and disabling background task; I don't use data sense, and I also don't use battery saver mode. And of course I've done some proper reboots and soft resets. Everythings is still the same.

I still think it's whatsapp's issue with push notifications or microsoft's fault with their push notificaction system.

I don't use Line or WeChat, but, maybe we should check with the users of those Apps, if they have similar issues; then we might get an idea of what's behind our troubles.

Cheers. And hope we all get a solution, cause really, WP is worth it (at least how I see it).

Saurabh Vatsa

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I just want a basic operation from it... That is to deliver notifications on time... But it fails in this vasic task also... I get messages only after opening whatsapp.... So irritating... 😞
Tried every thing... Disabling and enabling task... Soft reset... Reinstalled... Nothing's workin.. 😞

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
You mean media? Looks like we need to have more patience... :p
At least it works for the Chat messages right??

May be not.. I feel it has to do with Memory of the Phone or there is app memory restriction...
I have crashing of apps when there is enough things loaded....

just try Fotor or some image edit app to create a Collage.. keep adding pictures and then my L620 exits the app :p

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I just want a basic operation from it... That is to deliver notifications on time... But it fails in this vasic task also... I get messages only after opening whatsapp.... So irritating... 
Tried every thing... Disabling and enabling task... Soft reset... Reinstalled... Nothing's workin.. 

Sucks right? While other platforms versions are working blazing fast and fully functional with all aspects, we WP users need to wait and wait....

tonysamnoel

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

Thanks!

I faced the same issue.i'm using Lumia 820.i went to the nokia care and they said like they don't know.finally i did a hard reset.it worked.backup all your data.hard reset/factory reset will swipe off all your data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss