WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

visnit14

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I really wonder why when android version has no such limits and im able to scroll through the entire conversation without waiting for cpu/software. Its a buggy software in wp hope they fix this bug soon!!

yeah..exactly.Its a pain to get through the chat history smoothly on WP. On android it doesn't even take fraction of a second to load previous chat pages.What's app on WP need 1000 more updates to catch up with the android version and we're just started.

Sent from my white Lumia 620 using Tapatalk

visnit14

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, we all.. May be windows phone development is too hard.. That's y quality apps are not being developed...

Sent from Tapatalk Lumia 625 GDR3

Too hard?? Take the example of 6tag.Rudy is defying every restrictions of this OS and that too in a speedy way.The thing is most of the devs give their spare time to WP after they are done with iOS and android.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
yeah..exactly.Its a pain to get through the chat history smoothly on WP. On android it doesn't even take fraction of a second to load previous chat pages.What's app on WP need 1000 more updates to catch up with the android version and we're just started.

Exactly, I think it all began after they fixed the stupid audio api(atleast it normalized the battery drainage issue, and interfacing with music playback). Now they need to keep adding in features and bugfixes so that we will finally have a stable build in WP8. For now, I would not recommend WP to anyone who's a hardcore Whatsapp user, there are better alternatives(like LINE, Kik, etc).

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
While using WhatsApp, my phone drains 1%/minute.. is this normal? My phone has very good battery life otherwise

I have tried letting Whatsapp/WeChat/Skype switched on (at idle, not using them) and off and don't seem to see any difference in battery life.

On a side note. Skype used to be terrible in receiving messages with message either not received by my phone or took hours or days for messages to arrive. But since an update last week, it has been very reliable in receiving messages. Having said that, Whatsapp messages usually arrived instantaneously and the longest delay on Skype now was may be 1 minute instead of hours/days previously.

Antoaneta Pesheva

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello im having a problem with the connectivity well i downloaded and installed whatsapp succesfully and all was working well but then it started to not send or can not recive photos so i reinstalled the program and after typing my phone number again it says me "Could not connect to WhatsApp. Please check your network settings and try again later" well i tryed everything but it's still don't work if you can help me i will be really thankfull

gandhirushi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed when sending photos via whatsapp, the quality of the photo goes down the drain?? Whenever I send a photo from my 1020 (or even the 920 I had before) the recipient always received a compromised quality photo. Anybody experienced this?

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp should accept local payment such as pay with phone credit like windowsphone store did.
In my country(Indonesia) there are a lot of people not using Paypal as primary nor secondary payment.

They want to use whatsapp but they don't know how to pay next year payment. It cause they are move to other "free" messenging eventhough they want still using whatsapp but like I said they don't know about paypal. I feel that because from (around) 60 of my friends, now just left 5 using whatsapp because the rest of them don't know how to purchase via paypal.

If whatsapp accept payment via local credit, even charge it $2 or $3, they (for sure) buy it. There are millions people using whatsapp in Indonesia but they don't know how to purchase it.
So I hope Whatsapp can model what windowsphone store did.

Last edited:

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp should accept local payment such as pay with phone credit like windowsphone store did.
In my country(Indonesia) there are a lot of people not using Paypal as primary nor secondary payment.

They want to use whatsapp but they don't know how to pay next year payment. It cause they are move to other "free" messenging eventhough they want still using whatsapp but like I said they don't know about paypal. I feel that because from (around) 60 of my friends, now just left 5 using whatsapp because the rest of them don't know how to purchase via paypal.

If whatsapp accept payment via local credit, even charge it $2 or $3, they (for sure) buy it. There are millions peoples using whatsapp in Indonesia but they don't know how to purchase it.
So I hope Whatsapp can model what windowsphone store did.

you don't have to pay anything to continue using whatsapp. The subscription renews itself automatically. So whatsapp is actually free.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
you don't have to pay anything to continue using whatsapp. The subscription renews itself automatically. So whatsapp is actually free.

no it isn't. My brother had to pay, and so did I. We are in different countries, using different OSs, so that didn't make a difference. We waited till the validity date, but it didn't renew. Besides, its only $1 a year, and considering how much we use it, its quite reasonable.

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
no it isn't. My brother had to pay, and so did I. We are in different countries, using different OSs, so that didn't make a difference. We waited till the validity date, but it didn't renew. Besides, its only $1 a year, and considering how much we use it, its quite reasonable.

yeap the price is nothing to complain about, too cheap lol
but the way to pay is the problem
eventhough I know paypal is the universal payment in the world but in my country paypal not so popular
hope they can do something about it or they will lost 20 million people in Indonesia :)

What window phone did for Indonesia?

Sent via tapatalk
In Indonesia we can buy apps and games windowsphone via local phone credit, supported by 3 biggest networks provider. So no need credit card, debit card, no paypal, just a cash(via phone credits) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)