WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
no it isn't. My brother had to pay, and so did I. We are in different countries, using different OSs, so that didn't make a difference. We waited till the validity date, but it didn't renew. Besides, its only $1 a year, and considering how much we use it, its quite reasonable.

strange, I never had to pay anything for using whatsapp! Neither anyone I know ever paid anything to use.

Abhishek Upadhyay

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Guys,
I don't know whether these issues have already been mentioned but anyway, here are the biggest issues I have with whatsapp:

1. When we scroll up to view old conversations, approximately after 10-13 messages it takes some time to load the messages.
When this happens, all the messages get messed up. The links get messed up and tapping on a video will not open it, if you tap on some other message 2-3 messages up or down the video, it will open the video.
Same problem with copying\forwarding, after it loads messages, copying/forwarding a message actually sends some other message.
Its a very annoying issue.
Hope you understood this, I tried my best to elucidate.

2.The other issue is, the ability to have all the conversations without them being deleted. Currently, whatsapp stores only around 500 messages for each contact/group and it is a hit and miss process going till the last message, the app frequently crashes while attempting the same. While my friends with android phones can scroll back to messages that are even a year old!

3. When you type a really long message, there is no way to scroll up to the beginning of the message to re-read/verify before sending the message.. You'll have to resort to means such as selecting text to go to the top again.

I don't understand why such trivial and utterly stupid issues exist and still persist even after the barrage of updates that we have received up until now.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i havent been able to send pre-recorded videos since the new update which enables that, i chose a video i already had that was about 100mb in my gallery, i selected it and it said too big, do you wish to send the first 16mb (limit) - i said yes, and it just stays not sent for 12 hours now, with a clock symbol on the post, the wireless is fine, perhaps its an issue

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
when reinstalling Im glad that my old messages got restored successfully, as well as the chat list(at time of the backup) to perfection. Good update but still bugs to be fixed like crash when scrolling through older conversations, pics not getting downloaded inspite of clicking, etc as others have pointed out here. I will be so glad if it can load all conversations in one instance like we can scroll up without having to wait for whatsapp to load older history. It might have to do with cache in WP. Background wallpaper will be a great addition in next update!! Also setting to save incoming videos/pics in memory card or in internal mem!!

Amar Bansal

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
For a couple of weeks now, the toast notifications from whatsapp have read: Message recieved from X, rather than X: Message here. Its annoying not being to see a snippet of the message, why has this happened and how can i fix it?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
For a couple of weeks now, the toast notifications from whatsapp have read: Message recieved from X, rather than X: Message here. Its annoying not being to see a snippet of the message, why has this happened and how can i fix it?

go to whatsapp > settings > turn on "show message in notification"

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I hope that they will fix this problem: there is not anymore an option to take photos' auto saving off! It's so annoying that my phone will be full of unnecessary pics from WA.

dinesh84d

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp clips the video, instead of compressing it.
Is it possible if whatsapp can compress similar to emails for sending big size videos?

DiverMechie

May 2, 2013
Visit site
The latest Whatsapp update2.11.340 though has given facilitated sharing multiple images and pre recorded videos ,it has removed the option of not saving the images automatically. Hence now the images get autosaved on phone and we have to manually delete it.. This sucks... The previous versions had an otion in the settings where we can decide between autosave and manual save of images. I hope the Whatsapp people correct it in coming versions.

anon(5527120)

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the latest version of WhatsApp but when I click the attach button in a conversation and then choose 'Albums', I'm only shown a limited number of albums and not all the albums that are present on my phone. Before version 2.11.340 my WhatsApp showed me all the photos/videos present on my phone but now it's only showing a few albums.

Izzyq8

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey all.
A problem I faced on the 920 and now updated to 1520 and the problem still exists. I can't believe its still a problem

In a group if u get more than 25 messages it doesn't take you to the oldest but to the bottom of the conversation.

With all these updates I hope this one is fixed asap

Deepesh Mistry

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
After the updates my Lumia 820 doesn't show any notifications. The live tile doesn't work, no toast notifications. I have to manually open what's app periodically to check for a notification. It used to work perfectly. I've done everything I can think of i.e. uninstalling, rebooting, installing. Anyone have any more ideas?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb