WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharmakartik93

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
sometimes notifications are working properly on 2g but never on wifi. and keep wifi on always is activated. there is less delay on 2g as compared to wifi. 2g delay is 5minutes and wifi is 30 minutes and sometimes there are no notifications. when im on wifi and then close whatsaap i get a message that push notifications are not working so reboot your phone. then i reboot my phone and close whatsaap then i dont get that message again which means notifications are working properly but they are not . please anyone suggest some solution.
i have deleted and reinstalled the app, data sense if to restrict background is off. whatsapp is on in background tasks. done the soft reset.
i have a lumia 720 and my friend also has a 720 but he doesnt face any problems. i think that the problem started from the time of facebook deal
i think only update can solve my problems so anyone know when is the update coming for whatsaap.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
sometimes notifications are working properly on 2g but never on wifi. and keep wifi on always is activated. there is less delay on 2g as compared to wifi. 2g delay is 5minutes and wifi is 30 minutes and sometimes there are no notifications. when im on wifi and then close whatsaap i get a message that push notifications are not working so reboot your phone. then i reboot my phone and close whatsaap then i dont get that message again which means notifications are working properly but they are not . please anyone suggest some solution.
i have deleted and reinstalled the app, data sense if to restrict background is off. whatsapp is on in background tasks. done the soft reset.
i have a lumia 720 and my friend also has a 720 but he doesnt face any problems. i think that the problem started from the time of facebook deal
i think only update can solve my problems so anyone know when is the update coming for whatsaap.

data sense is to on for restrict background data for getting good notifications on all app.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
are you serious. because i heard data sense restrict your notification. and should i block whatsapp in background tasks.

??? What do you want, notifications or not? So of course, blocking WA in the background tasks will prevent WA from working properly. Turn them on.

DataSense will (as described in the settings menu of your phone!) cut off mobile internet when you reached a certain amount of your data limit (which you have to set before). I think it kicks in when 10% are left or so...Then apps cant connect to the internet, which means no notifications. (IF you have WiFi connection, everything is back to normal).

I dont use it, because i dont pay extra after reaching my data limit. But thats how it works. I hope :)

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
That is very possible, given that the streaming audio hack is still there and will stay there until they stop supporting WP7.5

Then you should consider reinstalling WA?
As far as i know, they said they changed the whole app and got rid of the old code, and they confirmed that the audiostream has been removed completely.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
yes push notifications are working without background task. you were right. after blocking whatsaap background task im getting notification hope it keeps going

When you go to settings and turn Whatsapp off, they say "if active, Whatsapp can push notifications in the background". So thats really strange what you are saying here...But anyway, if it works now, good for you.

sharmakartik93

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
someone said to activate data sense to get notifications but it restricts it but by blocking whatsaap in background tasks you still can get notifications as push notifications doesnt depend on background tasks. im getting notifications with whatsapp as blocked background task. you can also try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720