WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp is only working on wifi and not mobile data for me since the WP8.1 update! I have to manually open the app to check the messages when im on mobile data! Anyone else experiencing the same issue? :( Pls respond

Liam_o

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Whatsapp is only working on wifi and not mobile data for me since the WP8.1 update! I have to manually open the app to check the messages when im on mobile data! Anyone else experiencing the same issue? :( Pls respond

Im having the same issue, except it's happening on wifi too, maybe it has something to do with microsoft's push servers being battered by people downloading the developer preview? im relatively new to windows phone so im not too sure

vitorrloureiro

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp is offline here. I can't even send messages. I mean, its not like the messages get just one tick. They don't even appear on the conversation at all. Everything was fine even under wp8.1 until now

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I noticed now that when you open a chat in WhatsApp you can hear a very weak sound, like there is a fan spinning inside your phone. You can barely hear it. When you exit WhatsApp it's over.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
WhatsApp pretty much broken for me since updating to WP 8.1, even when on Wi Fi. I have to manually open the app to check for incoming messages.

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Same problem for me too! Except that its only working on WiFi! When I'm on mobile data I have to manually open the app and check the messages! Is there any solution for this? Pls help! :(

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Actually I am surprised, but so far Whatsapp has been working rather OK on my 920 with WP8.1..... no crashes, messages delivered on times and with notifications...

Kevin Kev

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone

Since a couple of weeks im a proud owner of the Lumia 1020, and installed the WP 8.1 update yesterday.

When i was on WP8, i had issues with voice recording in whats app, the output on it is noise.
Whenever i take a video, it does record the sound.

With calling i have the same issue, whenever i turn on the speaker, people won't be able to hear me anymore.

Anyone else had this issues as well?

Thanks for reading my post!

davmendmar

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I noticed the noise problem too. The speaker is always emitting static noise as long as the app is open. I also noticed by taking a look at battery saver that WhatsApp uses a big awful amount of battery. On my last charge cycle, it used three times the combined battery used by Cortana, Internet Explorer and Twitter all together, and I don't think I used those apps less than I used Whatsapp. Perhaps having it producing audio through the speaker the whole time affects battery life.

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Ha, it will forever be behind iOS and Android. By the time WP gets the update, they will get voice calls, and so on and so on.
For voice calls I have Skype or Viber lol (although no real good experiences either with these 2 apps on WP compared to iOS...)

As long as I am sure Whatsapp texts don't get lost on the way, I will be fine...

Having said that though and coming from an iPhone4s now, Whatsapp works there much (much) smoother than on WP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans