WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
What will it take WhatsApp to do the following:

1) Be able to share a webpage, article from a news app to WhatsApp?
2) WhatsApp not to save photos received in the Photos Hub?
3) WhatsApp Group Chat to differentiate between contacts by color or picture/avatar? It's painful to look for the name every time I'm reading a message.

Thanks!

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Ha and people were speculating that the Whatsapp team is waiting for WP8.1 to drop before releasing the update. I know, it's only the dev preview this time round, but it is as good as the final release of WP8.1 isn't it? And I bet that most of us would have it installed already. It's been months since the last update man, really looking forward to the next.

weightypillow

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
When ever I look at my battery saver app, Whatsapp is always at the top of battery usage. I wonder if the update will improve battery life. I am hoping that it does. Other than that the app does function much better on 8.1. I am sure that the Whatsapp team is ensuring the new update is a much more stable experience considering the development time. :smile:

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I think whatever the battery saver app displays is understood by us incorrectly. Since that might be the most used app by you it will obviously be on the top of the list. I don't think the battery saver is telling that whatsapp is a battery hog. It is telling you that is the most used app and hence the battery usage.

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
When ever I look at my battery saver app, Whatsapp is always at the top of battery usage. I wonder if the update will improve battery life. I am hoping that it does. Other than that the app does function much better on 8.1. I am sure that the Whatsapp team is ensuring the new update is a much more stable experience considering the development time. :smile:

Tap on the app name, it will then display how much it has used while the app is open and how much it has used in the background

ash20

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Whatsapp is awesome already, the only lacking thing is being not able to send audio files on the phone, and the only negative thing is the slow performance. Please sort the things out, and it'll be almost perfect.

Sent from my RM-998_apac_malaysia_935 using Tapatalk

weightypillow

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Could you see previous messages without any crashes

I actually haven't, tries to replicate that bug now.. I have had it before on wp8.. Not YET on wp8.1 ..

Sorry I never knew we could press on the app to see the usage in the background.. Thanks guys !
Keen for the update whenever it gets dropped, I just want those backgrounds ..

jailman

May 14, 2013
Visit site
My WhatsApp is working flawlessly on my L1520 wp8.1 now waiting for update with ui improvements and ability to change backgrounds like line messenger for wp8

Palimatix

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
How do I clear conversation history in my group chat.. Where I am not the admin of the group, but I don't wanna have history in my phone alone.

Wp8.1, latest whatsapp version.

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Is whatsapp working on mobile data for u? Cuz in my case..im having to open the app each time to see the new messages when im on mobile data :( Its only working flawlessly on wifi for me! I have a lumia 920 and im also on 8.1!

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I noticed now that when you open a chat in WhatsApp you can hear a very weak sound, like there is a fan spinning inside your phone. You can barely hear it. When you exit WhatsApp it's over.

Same here. I've noticed that it also sometimes reverts to the 'audio api hack', which I thought was removed a long time ago. I'm guessing this could be causing the massive battery drain and buzzing noise?

saintmonster

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Cannot download videos of off WhatsApp since a long time.. And if able to download, it's like once in a blue moon kind of thing.. Videos as small as 1 Mb proving to be a problem to download on my Lumia 820.. Problem existed on WP8 all GDRS and now also on WP8.1 previews for developers.. Am from INDIA..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss