WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
i noticed that battery life has improved overall, don't have the WA beta, but use WA pretty heavily and post 8.1 update the battery life improved by a lot. So it might be the effects of 8.1 and not WA update?

No before these beta update I got a crazy batter drain but in the actual version the drain is perfect

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
i am facing an error about photos after updating to wp 8.1
previously, all the photos received were shown up in the Whatsapp folder in photos hub.
then, after installing wp8.1, i have transfered the app to SD Card.
now, all the old photos are still there in the hub, but any new received are not showing up. further to add,
if i manually save any photo, still it doesnot show up in any folder.
plz guide me.

Arka1412

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
i am facing an error about photos after updating to wp 8.1
previously, all the photos received were shown up in the Whatsapp folder in photos hub.
then, after installing wp8.1, i have transfered the app to SD Card.
now, all the old photos are still there in the hub, but any new received are not showing up. further to add,
if i manually save any photo, still it doesnot show up in any folder.
plz guide me.

I m also facing the same problem and when I try to attach pictures or videos,other pictures folder doesn't show up..Please help

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Not trying to beat a dead horse, but since this "noise" has returned, it sorta reminds me of the old wifi sound trick they used in the early WP7.5 days for push notifications, which chew your battery down under 5-6 hours (I still remember those days). Something must've changed in the code in WP8.1 for it to resurface. It's just painful to see my phone last two days without using WA, while it dies in under 6 hours if I use it. On Telegram or other messaging apps I have no issues, except that only a handful of my friends are using it.

It's been roughly three months since the last update and I'm just hoping they release something soon. They probably have their reasons for delaying it, but it would be nice to at least have some sort of status update somewhere to keep us informed, because all of this "wild guessing" and lack of communication upsets people and makes them feel neglected. I know beta testers can't be of much help either because they can't just post everything because of ToS agreements.

I just hope something changes soon.

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have that weird sound coming out of the speaker always when Whatsapp is on... And No suprise Whatsapp is easily the most battery-consuming app (I use it the most as well but it still hogs the battery while using it)

WP_20140421.png

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
As u are a beta tester..can u let us know whether the beta is way better in terms of stability and battery life usage? And does it solve the problem where the app closes by itself when scrolling through older messages? And since the wp8.1 update..to get notifications on mobile data..im having to constantly open the app to check the new messages..is this solved? And any eta on the update? Can u please reply to all the above questions..it would be very helpful..thanks in advance :)

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I will anser everything but in the next time you better scroll some pages and some of your questions would be answered 😁
1. Stability is very good on my Lumia 925 battery usage too but even can be better because it isn't wp8.1 optimized and the first time the devs don't work on a wp8.1 version.
2. Yeah that bug is since some builds fixed, it now don't crashes when you scroll to old messages.
3. No, I don't have the problem with 8.1 my notification always come over in the beta/public version, do you have data sense enabled? If yes deactivated and test again or enable the background agent if disabled.

4. Alle beta testers including me never become an ETA or something from the devs and they never won't give a ETA or a hint..

No problem 😊

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I will anser everything but in the next time you better scroll some pages and some of your questions would be answered ��
1. Stability is very good on my Lumia 925 battery usage too but even can be better because it isn't wp8.1 optimized and the first time the devs don't work on a wp8.1 version.
2. Yeah that bug is since some builds fixed, it now don't crashes when you scroll to old messages.
3. No, I don't have the problem with 8.1 my notification always come over in the beta/public version, do you have data sense enabled? If yes deactivated and test again or enable the background agent if disabled.

4. Alle beta testers including me never become an ETA or something from the devs and they never won't give a ETA or a hint..

No problem ��

Thank u soo much for answering all my questions :D So the notifications are working perfectly for u on mobile data too? I guess i have to disable and reactivate data sense! I have the background agent enabled already! And is the latest build of the whatsapp beta optimised for wp8.1? Thanks again in advance :)

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah Wi-Fi or mobile data makes no sense for the push.. I don't know if its true that data sense blocks the push if it's enabled but on a other forum I read that and a deactivate has helped him..
No the beta build isn't optimized and in the next time they won't optimize it..

getmikeeboy

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi I just bought a Nokia Lumia 520 and Installed whatsapp from the app store.
The app was installed and aked for my phone number for verification and I did enter my mobile number and the verification started and got this message " Could not connect to Whatsapp. Please check your network settings and try later."
1. My phones data is ON.
2. I have used the same number on my Blackberry earlier and now "changed the account to a new number on my blackberry"

What do I do? Please help, I am writing from India.

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
To think we are waiting so long for an update... Isn't it fair if they let us enthusiasts participate in the beta as well? Or even better, make it an open beta?

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah Wi-Fi or mobile data makes no sense for the push.. I don't know if its true that data sense blocks the push if it's enabled but on a other forum I read that and a deactivate has helped him..
No the beta build isn't optimized and in the next time they won't optimize it..
I disabled data sense and the push notifications are working on mobile data perfectly! :D Even better than WP8! I dont even know how disabling data sense would make push notifications work! But it did! :p Thank u soo much :D

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi I just bought a Nokia Lumia 520 and Installed whatsapp from the app store.
The app was installed and aked for my phone number for verification and I did enter my mobile number and the verification started and got this message " Could not connect to Whatsapp. Please check your network settings and try later."
1. My phones data is ON.
2. I have used the same number on my Blackberry earlier and now "changed the account to a new number on my blackberry"

What do I do? Please help, I am writing from India.

Check your Time zone an date

kasmol

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I will anser everything but in the next time you better scroll some pages and some of your questions would be answered 😁

No problem 😊

Won't next release be 8.1 optimized? It's really annoying open a message and still see the notification in action center...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99