WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Ditto. Was receiving notifications perfectly on my Icon with 8.1 but not anymore. Anyone know if this is only with the Windows Phone version or is it happening on iOS and Android too?

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you people just come here to complain or actually read the thread?

I haven't had a single issue with notifications not working on 8.1, actually I don't think I've had any issues with notifications in the last 2-3 months.

For those having push notification issues can you login to www.Windowsphone.com and make sure your phone is listed correctly and your number is correct on there

Check this as the push notifications are coming from MS and not Whatsapp directly

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
It's official WA thread, and complains are welcomed here)
And nobody had this problem before. It just started, 3rd day for me, if you don't have problem it's on its way you'll have it soon..lol

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
And nobody had this problem before. It just started, 3rd day for me, if you don't have problem it's on its way you'll have it soon..lol

Whatsapp notifications have always been unreliable for most people. If you have not experienced issues with them, you are lucky, not a heavy user, or unaware.

Nandhadx

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Whatsapp notifications have always been unreliable for most people. If you have not experienced issues with them, you are lucky, not a heavy user, or unaware.

But since 8.1 dev preview was released, the notifications had been working flawlessly until yesterday

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Actually I ALWAYS had notification problem, on my 710 and now 928. Especially if I leave chat (not chat section) open but lock screen - 99.9% I didn't not get notification .01% it was late for 5 - 30min IF msg was not sent first 30-45 second after screen lock. Yes I did test it because I'm very heavy user, maybe more than anybody else on this forum))
I just got used to it because there is no solution, and don't (wasn't) complain anymore until it got worse last days.

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For those having push notification issues can you login to www.Windowsphone.com and make sure your phone is listed correctly and your number is correct on there

I'm making a suggestion as to what users can try as to help resolve the issue and rather than try it they just complain and again the push notifications come from MS, not the app.

How push notifications work on WP:
Push notifications for Windows Phone 8

Also official how? Definitely not official in the sense that the Whatsapp developers use it, official on WPCentral, yes.

I've previously had issues, but haven't for a long time.

Back when I still had a Symbian phone I was doing 5000+ messages a month on Whatsapp (You could see your usage in the app) as it's pretty much the only text messaging service people use here, so I'm not exactly a light user.

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Actually I ALWAYS had notification problem, on my 710 and now 928. Especially if I leave chat (not chat section) open but lock screen - 99.9% I didn't not get notification .01% it was late for 5 - 30min IF msg was not sent first 30-45 second after screen lock. Yes I did test it because I'm very heavy user, maybe more than anybody else on this forum))
I just got used to it because there is no solution, and don't (wasn't) complain anymore until it got worse last days.

Check your that your account is properly setup on The Smartphone Reinvented Around You | Windows Phone (United States) ...

Sym3

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Do you people just come here to complain or actually read the thread?

I haven't had a single issue with notifications not working on 8.1, actually I don't think I've had any issues with notifications in the last 2-3 months.

Check this as the push notifications are coming from MS and not Whatsapp directly
The thing is WhatsApp(8.1) is the only app plagued by this issue, every other app notifications are working fine, heck even my Lumia 710's WhatsApp is working perfectly.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Ok guys now it seem working fine. But one think I don't like now is in notification it says "Message from Name" before it used to be "Name: part of msg"
I don't know what has changed not WA for sure

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys now it seem working fine. But one think I don't like now is in notification it says "Message from Name" before it used to be "Name: part of msg"
I don't know what has changed not WA for sure

In your settings in Whatsapp turn Show Message in Notification back on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss