WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aniket0303

Banned
Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
i am happy i didn't update to 8.1 i had my worries about whatsapp

8.1 update has nothing to do with it. Right now i am not facing notification issue on my lumia 620 with 8.1 but my friend is having notification issue on his 525 with black update

Sent from my Lumia 620(wp8.1)RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
8.1 update has nothing to do with it. Right now i am not facing notification issue on my lumia 620 with 8.1 but my friend is having notification issue on his 525 with black update

yeah i tend to agree. I've had no issues originally and yesterday had a lot of delayed notifications on 8.1 running on NL920, my friend who is running 8.0 on nl920 also had delayed notifications. WA is just messed up, they have a lot of things to figure out

pstyle

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
My attemps on windows phone 8.1
Hard reset (Twice) ----FAILED
Downgraded to wp8 via nsu, things got perfect and i am happy with performance of every app, even WhatsApp.

Performance of WhatsApp on wp8,
Google battery performance,
Notification on time and
Stable

Had always problems with the push notifications, as well with 8.0. Maybe not that often.....

So there is no difference for me. I dont get the issues for the developers. Facebook has had problems too in the beginning, but they fixed it and for me it works pretty smooth after those updates. WA got 10 updates to fix the push-notifications and there are still the same problems.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
i dont know why FB devs have perfected the FB app compared to ios,android and bb 's FB app whereas whatsapp cant run properly on any other os other than ios
still i started using FB messenger as my main IM and it works much better despite being relatively new

anon(8780439)

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Please help with this...

I have a contact on my phone with two phone numbers (Work and Home) and every time I chat on whatsapp with this contact it only connects to the home number... how can I chat on both numbers?

The contact has whatsapp on both home and work and whatsapp shows me the status of both when I tap on the profile... but when I tap the work number (the one I need to chat with) it asks me if I want to call.

aniket0303

Banned
Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Please help with this...

I have a contact on my phone with two phone numbers (Work and Home) and every time I chat on whatsapp with this contact it only connects to the home number... how can I chat on both numbers?

The contact has whatsapp on both home and work and whatsapp shows me the status of both when I tap on the profile... but when I tap the work number (the one I need to chat with) it asks me if I want to call.

Try saving those numbers separately

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
if I uninstall and reinstall Whatsapp, will I get back my entire chat history... or will I loose it?
If you just reinstall it you'll get alot back, even files. backup your stuff first (in WA .. settings/backup). If you hard reset you'll lose everything (I did)

Vishal Kaushal

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Started facing the late notification problem, when the app is closed and active in background the notifications don't pop up.
What to do, please help...

Last edited:

aniket0303

Banned
Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Started facing the late notification problem, when tujhe aap is closed and active in background the notifications don't pop up.
What to do, please help...

Its a common issue for all bro. Just wait and it will work fine after sometime.

KKRLessey

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Is whatsapp down for anyone?

UPDATE: It's working now and notifications seems to work. Will check for group conversations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077