WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(5527120)

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
One of my contacts who has WhatsApp is not showing up on the favourites list. In my chats, only the person's number is shown, not the name. I tried restarting my phone and refreshing the favourites list but still the name is not showing up in the favourites list.

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
One of my contacts who has WhatsApp is not showing up on the favourites list. In my chats, only the person's number is shown, not the name. I tried restarting my phone and refreshing the favourites list but still the name is not showing up in the favourites list.
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app!

anon(5527120)

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Problem solved after reinstalling. Hope I won't have to reinstall it every time I add a new contact. Thanks :)

Btw when will it be updated? It's been ages. Lots of crashes. Especially on my 520

Madhan N

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
If you are having notification problem just try this...

I never faced any notification problem in WP 7.5/7.8/8/8.1 in whatsapp public as well as private beta version but last week when the music app update came my battery was very low but i started to update the music app and was using whatsapp simultaneously and the phone go switched off.

I charged the phone and updated the music app after powering it back but the notification for whatsapp stopped and sometimes it came late and i never faced this issue in last 2 yrs.. other than hard reset i did everything but nothing seems to work and notification didnt come properly..

I was using whatsapp private beta app and i wanted to check whether in public version notification was coming and installed that app also in the phone. Beta app was running in the background and i opened the public app and signed in and went back to the Beta app and it got signed out and asked me to verify the account again and i verified the account in beta app again and notification started to work as usual without any delays.

I know most of you wont be using beta app but try to do with some other phone. Open your whatsapp app in WP and sign in with your number in some other phone and the whatsapp in your windows phone will sign out and ask you to verify the account.. verify it again and check whether notification is proper.. it worked for me so it might solve your problem if you are lucky..

bsbharath1987

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry if this is off topic, and may not be related to WhatsApp particularly, but I'm looking to invest in L930 when it's available. I wanted to know if any of you experience the delay when multitasking back and forth from WhatsApp on devices with 1 GB or 2 GB of RAM. I ask this because there is a frustrating time delay in WhatsApp when moving between apps on my L720 (512 MB RAM) running WP 8.1 CP.

Akhilesh Bhambhani

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry if this is off topic, and may not be related to WhatsApp particularly, but I'm looking to invest in L930 when it's available. I wanted to know if any of you experience the delay when multitasking back and forth from WhatsApp on devices with 1 GB or 2 GB of RAM. I ask this because there is a frustrating time delay in WhatsApp when moving between apps on my L720 (512 MB RAM) running WP 8.1 CP.

I heard the app update might fix the delays and crashing I too am a 720user and it bugs me a lot.
Wait for the update and see if it helps :)
Or else 930 is definitely a brilliant phone.

Sanmaan Bodake

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone please tell me where does an (whatsapp) audio note gets saved on my phone? On my symbian phone it used to get saved in a separate folder of WhatsApp under Audio section. How is it on WP8?

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Temporarily, switched to hike messenger..

Its fsr better than whatsapp, don't know why hike is not that successful world wide.

Sanmaan

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
If you are having notification problem just try this...

I never faced any notification problem in WP 7.5/7.8/8/8.1 in whatsapp public as well as private beta version but last week when the music app update came my battery was very low but i started to update the music app and was using whatsapp simultaneously and the phone go switched off.

I charged the phone and updated the music app after powering it back but the notification for whatsapp stopped and sometimes it came late and i never faced this issue in last 2 yrs.. other than hard reset i did everything but nothing seems to work and notification didnt come properly..

I was using whatsapp private beta app and i wanted to check whether in public version notification was coming and installed that app also in the phone. Beta app was running in the background and i opened the public app and signed in and went back to the Beta app and it got signed out and asked me to verify the account again and i verified the account in beta app again and notification started to work as usual without any delays.

I know most of you wont be using beta app but try to do with some other phone. Open your whatsapp app in WP and sign in with your number in some other phone and the whatsapp in your windows phone will sign out and ask you to verify the account.. verify it again and check whether notification is proper.. it worked for me so it might solve your problem if you are lucky..

Just happened to read your post. If it's not to much to ask for and if it's not hurting your privacy norms, can you give us all a possible insight with the beta version you are using? We've all heard a ton of rumors about a new version of WhatsApp being under development and word has it that it'll be on par with iOS and Android versions (touchwood). So just asking if that is what you are on to with or is it something different and if at all, what is it bring itself with?? :)

Jeannuel

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello, can somebody tell me whats happening with WhatsApp?

I dont get notifications, I did hard reset and all but still having this, I have to open WhatsApp to see all the tons of messages and that is pissing me.

The push system is failing or what? This is temporal? (WhatsApp was working good before but now this is horrible) btw I have W8.1 DevPrev (and again, it was working before but now not..)

Thank you.

Akhilesh Bhambhani

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Any possible headsup on the performance factor of the new rumored update? Aesthetically it seems amazing! What about the crashes and lack of functionality? :/
I read in the comments section, where one of the beta tester wrote that the app doesn't crash when you try to load previous messages or access the media shared with a contact. The update might give us an app we've been waiting for.

Sanmaan Bodake

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
To everyone using WP8.1 dev preview. Guys if an app crashes that is because the OS you are using is still under testing. They are still ironing out the small glitches in the app and the OS. The developers are supposed to find out what is causing the failure of the normal operation of the app like problem with notifications or improper favourites. It's okay to complain but rather also try providing feedback to MS. This will be for our own good. :)

Francesco Savoini

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
To everyone using WP8.1 dev preview. Guys if an app crashes that is because the OS you are using is still under testing. They are still ironing out the small glitches in the app and the OS. The developers are supposed to find out what is causing the failure of the normal operation of the app like problem with notifications or improper favourites. It's okay to complain but rather also try providing feedback to MS. This will be for our own good. :)

The app has been crashing since the dawn of time, it's not a problem related to wp8.1

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
My delay only started when I installed the dev preview - prior to that it was solid and reliable, so I agree there is something not quite right with the preview.

I've found that if I leave the app open, and do not let the screen sleep, three app operates as it should... Odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos