WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(5718954)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
There is no reason for me to believe the update is due today. Anyone could have posted this information, without indiciating your sources this is worthless. And, as someone pointed out, this guy isn't even part of the beta program.

Should his assertions turn out to be right, I will apologize. But until then, I'd not consider him reliable. We have been waiting for five months now, and people have been coming up with hollow promises over and over again. No hard feelings, but I've become callous when it comes to rumors like this.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have mainly 2 reasons why the update will be coming too late for windows phone?

1-) As everybody knows Windows Phone 8.1 which brings new api implements in terms of video, audio library etc.

2-) BBM is also coming to windows phone and they want to do their best when it will be available.

3-) Whatsapp voice call feature may come with this update, I am not sure but all they are possibilities. Actually this one is tied to first reason.

We have a saying in Turkish: "İyi d?ş?n, iyi olsun." which means think positive / good and then good things happen. I hope so.

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Yaa me too chance for update only after wp8.1... Some times this week also bec in china and some other places Nokia 630 preorder started...

anon(5914335)

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I have mainly 2 reasons why the update will be coming too late for windows phone?

1-) As everybody knows Windows Phone 8.1 which brings new api implements in terms of video, audio library etc.

It's been mentioned many times that the current beta has a Windows 8.1 incompatibility popup. Which leads me to believe they haven't even started tackling it yet.

Notifications have never been reliable and I think they are still having trouble working with Microsoft's back end. Hopefully they working together to actually solve the issue. I don't know if there is 3rd party app that has been 100% reliable in that department, so it could be a major Microsoft issue and thus why it taking so long.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nandhadx

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
People started believing that an update would be released today? If there's no source given then its not true, should have learnt by now guys.

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
@Ashish Gupta888, Telegram is not in Beta... Its very stable and smooth for other platforms... The Third party clients on WP Store are in Beta. Telegram doesn't have an official client for WP... However you can use NGram, Fluorogram, Chatogram, or Migram. All of them are in Beta, but it actually doesn't mean that they are unstable. All work very well...
I myslef am using Ngram from past full month without a single hiccup...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
@Ashish Gupta888, Telegram is not in Beta... Its very stable and smooth for other platforms... The Third party clients on WP Store are in Beta. Telegram doesn't have an official client for WP... However you can use NGram, Fluorogram, Chatogram, or Migram. All of them are in Beta, but it actually doesn't mean that they are unstable. All work very well...
I myslef am using Ngram from past full month without a single hiccup...

I'll check if enough of my contacts have those telegram clients at first place, else it will be waste for me. Its all about number of contacts :)
People are waiting for WhatsApp update mainly because they have maximum number of contacts using it and they are not willing to leave it.

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'll check if enough of my contacts have those telegram clients at first place, else it will be waste for me. Its all about number of contacts :)
People are waiting for WhatsApp update mainly because they have maximum number of contacts using it and they are not willing to leave it.

True... You can also try Hike and WeChat. These two apps are also very popular in India specially. You would easily find more of your contacts using Hike and WeChat.

sagar_25

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
We need to do something to make them work its either they don't have enough tools or API'S to writing an app to wp even after nokia working with them closely to make a stable app. We need to send our feedback to both Microsoft and facebook, the present developers seriously should be fired. Almost 18 months still they are not able to get it right. By this time a normal person can learn programming languages and develop a better app!!!

karthikt94

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Whatsapp automatically backs up the chats every day at 4 in the morning. After having connected my NL620 to the computer, I saw that there's a 'Whatsapp' folder in my SD card. I saved it in my PC. I hard reseted my phone, then when I tried to put back that 'Whatsapp' folder in its existing place, I couldn't get my chats back. Is there any way to get it?

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
All messaging services are updating only whatsapp is going in beta testing 😠😠😠👊👊 ...wechat added cloud support one gb cloud ....now no need to worry about memory ...now u can upload text pictures videos etc...WhatsApp 👺👺👺

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp automatically backs up the chats every day at 4 in the morning. After having connected my NL620 to the computer, I saw that there's a 'Whatsapp' folder in my SD card. I saved it in my PC. I hard reseted my phone, then when I tried to put back that 'Whatsapp' folder in its existing place, I couldn't get my chats back. Is there any way to get it?

No.. After a hard reset is the backup away.. Sad that there isn't a onedrive backup option or something else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo