WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Guys chill out, update coming tomorrow, last beta was just for control, if everything is right, tomorrow is the update.

Boss!!! Where did you go!! Your post set up fire in this thread, you gave us all hope to wake up to something good next morning, but what happened? No updates nor any comment from your side. What's going on brother?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Bro, reading from the above posts,i assume you are a beta tester. Any news boss??? A guy was claiming about the update due. Do you have any idea?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk
Yes im tester. No the devs don't give any hints or tell us when the public version will get an update.. The only thing you can do is forget the update and don't believe things without source. If you forget about waiting for an update it will come.. If you think all day about a ETA or something it wint arrive 😋

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I would like to know that myself, update should be live by yesterday. I will text my source and see wtf is going on. Sorry...

PD: Since Facebook owns Whatsapp, WP app has priority -1000000. They want "Facebook messenger" to grow further in the WP platform (and they are artificially doing it by holding Whatsapp development) So yeah, this had something to do for sure.

How do you know all this?? It's very hard to believe you man, you could very easily be a troll.

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp automatically backs up the chats every day at 4 in the morning. After having connected my NL620 to the computer, I saw that there's a 'Whatsapp' folder in my SD card. I saved it in my PC. I hard reseted my phone, then when I tried to put back that 'Whatsapp' folder in its existing place, I couldn't get my chats back. Is there any way to get it?

That whats app folder is empty. :X

anon(5718954)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I will text my source and see wtf is going on. Sorry...
Look, you don't have to name your source if that could bring him/her into trouble. But you should provide us with some information. Otherwise, you might as well keep all this information for yourself. Don't get me wrong, but to me you don't seem very trustworthy. Please, change that.

Last edited:

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Waiting for update will create more frustration. As many have told hike is just osum. I downloaded it many of my frndz are on hike now. Let whatsapp take how much time they want, use hike. Keep Calm and download Hike😉

Sent from my Lumia 620 wp8.1 RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

sagar_25

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Nice of u judemanutd. All the reviews in the link are of 5stars. I see the beta app size of 17 Mb, the present official one is only 8 MB. looks like they working harder so they wont get any negative reviews again! I am taking back the words I said before. Hope they get it rite soon!

anon(5718954)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
But this alone does not solve our problems as long as they release updates only every six months or so. They have to release them on a more regular basis. Sure, the next update will probably solve a lot of problems. But new problems will come up, and those have to be fixed in a timely manner. They have to work on their release cycles.

I think the last beta update solved windows 8.1 compaitibility bug. As in store they written it works with windows 8.1. Any beta testers can confirm ?
No, not really. The regular app (the current stable version) is supposed to work with Windows Phone 8.1 as well according to the store. Well it does, sort of. But it still causes a lot of problems in terms of reliability and battery consumption. It's clearly not optimized for 8.1. However, the devs say WP8.1 is not a priority at the moment, even though WP8.1 devices will be entering the market in 2-3 weeks. So they are still lagging, and will be lagging even after the update, should we get it some time.

I'm not a beta tester, mind you.

Last edited:

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I think the last beta update solved windows 8.1 compaitibility bug. As in store they written it works with windows 8.1. Any beta testers can confirm ?

I think you mean windows phone 8.1 not windows. No they said that their focus actually isn't wp8.1 and actually they wont fix wp8.1 problems

Nandhadx

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I would like to know that myself, update should be live by yesterday. I will text my source and see wtf is going on. Sorry...

PD: Since Facebook owns Whatsapp, WP app has priority -1000000. They want "Facebook messenger" to grow further in the WP platform (and they are artificially doing it by holding Whatsapp development) So yeah, this had something to do for sure.

Hold on a minute, Whatsapp and Facebook are still being run as two separate companies so that information (like all the rest you provided) is unfortunately incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss