WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuclax

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Whatsapp is one of the most used app
And windows phone just does not seem to notice it .
Its not just whatsapp but loads of other app which are not even usable.
Many of my friends do not even consider buying a windows phone on seeing the condition of the most popular apps .

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Whatsapp is one of the most used app
And windows phone just does not seem to notice it .
Its not just whatsapp but loads of other app which are not even usable.
Many of my friends do not even consider buying a windows phone on seeing the condition of the most popular apps .

How can Microsoft fix it. The people who develop these apps aren't from MS. It is the responsibility of a dev to provide updates. Biggest problem is WhatsApp believes in HUGE updates. They don't give incremental frequent updates on ANY PLATFORM.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
How can Microsoft fix it. The people who develop these apps aren't from MS. It is the responsibility of a dev to provide updates. Biggest problem is WhatsApp believes in HUGE updates. They don't give incremental frequent updates on ANY PLATFORM.

no they are just plain lazy imo
even line has better apps on every platform than them despite being just a couple of years old
whatsapp has never got a single app right on any platform except maybe ios which still is sad despite being more usable

himanshushirodkar

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site

They still haven't adopted the model of Move fast and Break things used by FB... it is popular concept.. it is essential that you adopt this concept in the app world.

as far as apps on WP go... Well, it is a catch 22 situation.. Users don't want WP because of the lack of apps... Devs don't want to develop because of a small user base... even though it is growing fast... they care more about the Andro and iOS user base... they fail to see the future potential.. basically they lack vision

Gustavo Pereira

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Biggest problem actually is that the developers of WhatsApp and many other applications simply do not care about Windows Phone. Sad, but true.They concentrate almost all their work in developing new features and fixing problems for Android and iOS. That's why WP is so far behind others OS in every continent. And let's be honest, to change the current scenario Microsoft still has long way to go.

weightypillow

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Biggest problem actually is that the developers of WhatsApp and many other applications simply do not care about Windows Phone. Sad, but true.They concentrate almost all their work in developing new features and fixing problems for Android and iOS. That's why WP is so far behind others OS in every continent. And let's be honest, to change the current scenario Microsoft still has long way to go.

Exactly... Whatsapp is behind in terms of features on both iOS and Android.. Saying that though, Wechat has a great app on WP, so Whatsapp need to pull their socks up. Of this update is a quality update, brings it up to the quality of the other two platforms, then I have no complaints on the current time frame

Sarbuland Yatu

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
WhatsApp developers are sucking big time....they simply don't care about WP.....I'm already planning to buy Moto X.....i don't say WP are piece of ****....they are far better than others.....if Microsoft really care about WP users then should pay WhatsApp developers for better app to compete with ios,Android.....Microsoft is selfish....all above words are my anger....

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp developers are sucking big time....they simply don't care about WP.....I'm already planning to by Moto X.....i don't say WP are piece of ****....they are far better than others.....if Microsoft really care about WP users then should pay WhatsApp developers for better app to compete with ios,Android.....Microsoft is selfish....all above words are my anger....

there are reports that Microsoft has paid developers to bring apps to WP. The problem is that developers will take advantage of Microsoft- and they probably are taking advantage. They think they can armtwist Microsoft into paying any amount of money. I think the true power lies with the consumer. Send in nice (NOT abusive) timely requests to developers urging them to develop for WP.

sau0008

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Why WhatsApp is not bothered in releasing new updates for windows phone OS . Other OS have got huge updates and here no major improvements and bugs still not solved. Eg . WhatsApp crashes while loading previous messages. Plz its a request to devs to relase some major updates for WP OS asap.

Amran Nagal

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
WP is a great OS but then there are a lot of problems that still exist. ( eg Apps not available and under par from other operating systems )
When its all fixed and complete I'll be back.
Until then iOS here I come.

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
WP is a great OS but then there are a lot of problems that still exist. ( eg Apps not available and under par from other operating systems )

When its all fixed and complete I'll be back.

Until then iOS here I come.

When you go to iOS again you'll cry saying that media can't be shared freely(via bluetooth), many people buy iOS without being aware of this one big shortcoming.

Decide carefully. Rather i would say why even switch the phone, use alternate apps instead. Use a wechat or hike or Telegram. All work so awesome here. The Hike and wechat work equally good as they do on iOS and android.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I guess i understand what issue the Whatsapp devs must be in. When an OS is updated the structure of the apps(codes) sometimes need revision. Two ways to do it, build app from start for the new framework or modify the current, but when there is a major overhaul of the OS, the first option gives a more stable and fruitful result. Whatever it is both the processes take their own time.
Have downloaded WhatsApp again today. Till now received all notifications on time, lets see what's in store...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
[WARN]This thread is dedicated to questions and answers regarding WhatsApp. However, it's apparent that this thread is losing its purpose and becoming a general hangout thread. If the thread does not get back on track, and if posters continue to patronize and confuse others, this thread will be closed and the offenders will find themselves with a lengthy ban.[/WARN]

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
[WARN]This thread is dedicated to questions and answers regarding WhatsApp. However, it's apparent that this thread is losing its purpose and becoming a general hangout thread. If the thread does not get back on track, and if posters continue to patronize and confuse others, this thread will be closed and the offenders will find themselves with a lengthy ban.[/WARN]

So will you ban the guys that spread rumors about the whatsapp getting update today and blah blah.
Or will you ban the user from now on who will post false information??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo