WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
In Russian, German and France there are a lot of strings marked as 'untranslated' so I don't think the news true. The only source you can trust ist wpcentral 😁

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, sideloading the app didn't work either. It gets listed under "Unsupported apps" in your SD Card with no option to install. Sigh. F U WhatsApp.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed significant battery drain from WhatsApp usage recently?

Here's the deal. I'm running 8.1 on a Lumia Icon and I've not had a lot of the issues that others have experienced with WhatsApp after installing 8.1. I let it run in the background so that I get notifications and because of that I constantly "X" out of the app when it's not in use.

Today at 3:30 my time my phone was at 60%. I had just talked on WhatsApp, (not sure if I closed it but that shouldn't matter as I've forgotten to close it before) set my phone down and started doing other things around the house. I came back to it at about 5:30 my time and the phone was completely dead. I looked up battery usage under settings and found that it was WhatsApp that was using all the juice. I set my phone on the charger at 5:30 and it is now almost 10:15 my time and it's only now getting to 85%. Usually my phone will go from no charge to a full charge in less than 3 hours. I've not had this happen once since updating to 8.1 and find it odd that it started up all the sudden this afternoon.

Anyway, WhatsApp is still sucking up the juice, even as I'm charging, so I set it to not run in the background hoping that helps. I'll see what happens but was curious if anyone else was running 8.1 fine with WhatsApp and has recently started having problems.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I just don't get why they'd remove it. Just release the update when it's ready. Is it so they can avoid already mediocre ratings getting worse? Well, I can't wait to change my rating to 1 star as soon as it's re-released for pulling this stunt.

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I swear! I mean imagine the situation of people who bought a windows phone yesterday or something. They would be completely shocked not to see a high profile app like WhatsApp not being in the store

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded viber earlier today. Exact same functionality of whatsapp, except the free calling is a huge plus.

I like whatsapp better than viber (its faster), but I'm not about to ditch my phone over whatsapp.

Its crazy to see how seriously people take it, with so many comparable alternatives.. Death threats, freak outs.. Sheesh!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I swear! I mean imagine the situation of people who bought a windows phone yesterday or something. They would be completely shocked not to see a high profile app like WhatsApp not being in the store

That's my situation... bought a 1520 for a relative arriving from overseas tomorrow. They use WhatsApp religiously.

bhavya26

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Even though it has been removed from the store u can download the xap file from windows phone store and then you could deploy using wp app deployer

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Even though it has been removed from the store u can download the xap file from windows phone store and then you could deploy using wp app deployer

Can you please tell me more about how to do this? I didn't find any apps by that name. I tried sideloading WhatsApp via my SD Card but it didn't let me install it since it's an "unsupported app."

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I just don't get why they'd remove it. Just release the update when it's ready. Is it so they can avoid already mediocre ratings getting worse? Well, I can't wait to change my rating to 1 star as soon as it's re-released for pulling this stunt.

WhatsApp had a pretty bad rating in the store. Republishing will start the rating all over again,I guess. Strategy. Maybe a good update is incoming.

Rajat Malhotra

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded viber earlier today. Exact same functionality of whatsapp, except the free calling is a huge plus.

I like whatsapp better than viber (its faster), but I'm not about to ditch my phone over whatsapp.

Its crazy to see how seriously people take it, with so many comparable alternatives.. Death threats, freak outs.. Sheesh!

There are alternatives but if all your friends are using WhatsApp its pointless downloading an alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb