WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryaro7

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp has done this in past...they have removed the app in Aug 2012 also for approximately a week n then republished it with update...so we must wait...they will take some more time but will surely come back with an update

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
So after going through a bunch of crap to install the Windows Phone 8.0 SDK onto my Windows 7 PC, everything finally worked until I tried to deploy the whatsapp.xap file. I either get "invalid file" or "cannot read as a Zip file" depending on which deployer I'm using. It is definitely a xap file, downloaded straight from the WhatsApp page in the Windows Store. I really want to cuss WhatsApp out right now.

bhavya26

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
download from windowsphonehub.in you wont get the error they have cracked xaps

So after going through a bunch of crap to install the Windows Phone 8.0 SDK onto my Windows 7 PC, everything finally worked until I tried to deploy the whatsapp.xap file. I either get "invalid file" or "cannot read as a Zip file" depending on which deployer I'm using. It is definitely a xap file, downloaded straight from the WhatsApp page in the Windows Store. I really want to cuss WhatsApp out right now.

Last edited:

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

Buddy you cant sideload official apps from store they are encrypted even if they are unpublished from store.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Buddy you cant sideload official apps from store they are encrypted even if they are unpublished from store.

Thanks, I found that out right after I posted that message -_-. All that time wasted for nothing. And who knows how long we'll have to wait for WhatsApp to return to the store.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I found that out right after I posted that message -_-. All that time wasted for nothing. And who knows how long we'll have to wait for WhatsApp to return to the store.

There was a same case in 2012 they unpublished their app from apple store due to some. Stability issue and republished a better version in some days.
I guess this is the same case for windowsphone hope they release it soon.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
To be included in a beta, the developer of the app need to add your mail id to the list of testers who can download the app and then submit it to the store. Then it takes 2-3 hrs for the store to refresh the beta app with your id. Then after that , you can download the app.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
To be included in a beta, the developer of the app need to add your mail id to the list of testers who can download the app and then submit it to the store. Then it takes 2-3 hrs for the store to refresh the beta app with your id. Then after that , you can download the app.

Thanks, I think I deleted my message right before you replied. I did a search and found the information you mentioned, so I thought I wouldn't bother people with answering my post. Thanks for answering though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb