WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
you could tell her it will be back soon. The phone won't suck then

how "soon" is that?

today, tonight, tomorrow, the next day after tomorrow, this week, next week, this month, next month, this year, next year, this century, next century, this millenium, next millenium?

the word "SOON" is damn too speculative to use in this matter..

mf_yamato

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
how "soon" is that?

today, tonight, tomorrow, the next day after tomorrow, this week, next week, this month, next month, this year, next year, this century, next century, this millenium, next millenium?

the word "SOON" is damn too speculative to use in this matter..
So don't speculate.. Just wait

fanboydrockin

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I found whatsapp cause a restart on my lumia 920 since wp8.1 preview and the latest update. On wp8.1, it restart approx. 5 times after it freeze a while when i am write a message. After the wp 8.1 latest update, today my lumia restart for the first time with the same scenario.

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Still not back? Omg, I thought it'd be in a few hours, not after 1 week! What is this mess? I hate this situations only happen with WP !!!Really , so sad :(

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Still not back? Omg, I thought it'd be in a few hours, not after 1 week! What is this mess? I hate this situations only happen with WP !!!Really , so sad :(

This once happen with ios too there also it took few days for the app to be republished again. It will be available soon i guess so.

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Everyone GUESS, but WP has no time for it to be back... and the fact that it happened with ios few years ago doesn't mean it won't harms WP more than it did for ios

Maxi Sultan

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, I am sad to report that this latest whatsapp debacle means i am making the switch from WP. I can barely survive a few hours without whatsapp - let alone a week or more. This is just one example of how WP is all too often overlooked when it comes to proper, timely updating of apps. A quick glance at the 'top 5 missing apps' article today shows that most of us are still craving good, fully featured apps from Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram, and many, many others. Sad to say goodbye, but this really is the last straw in my windows phone journey.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, I am sad to report that this latest whatsapp debacle means i am making the switch from WP. I can barely survive a few hours without whatsapp - let alone a week or more. This is just one example of how WP is all too often overlooked when it comes to proper, timely updating of apps. A quick glance at the 'top 5 missing apps' article today shows that most of us are still craving good, fully featured apps from Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram, and many, many others. Sad to say goodbye, but this really is the last straw in my windows phone journey.

Hope u enjoy your next device.:beer::D:eek:

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Sure and you are using tons of apps.......

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
not tons but hundreds yeah.
Ok, just look at the whatapp voice call feature, how did they announce?
First on ios and android then windows phone. They will get voice call feature and while we are not able to change the background of the conversation. Notification problems, not on Whatsapp but Viber too. I want you to make a voip call through viber with respective phones especially with loudspeaker is on, lumia 1520 / 920 and sgs 4 / 5 and iphone 5 / 5s. Can you compare the cal quality in terms of sound quality and is there any interrupt over there. It is like: Hooowwww iiiiiissss itttt goinggggg? Did you get the point?

What about Candy Crush? They don't give a fcuk about windows phone. Kik messenger is too. I am tired of defending windows phone, how it is fluent without any lag. Notification through Action Center and live tiles are there. But sometimes if the notifications don't work because of app bug or os bug somehow, then you feel like guilty. Most of the people when they buy a phone they want whatsapp, viber, messenger (facebook) with free voice call feature and bbm with voice and video call feature. But most of them are not there. How do you feel when you see someone having a voice conversation through bbm on galaxy note 3 with the same price as you paid on Lumia 1520.

Let's say your name is Peter and your friend's name is John. John will go to Barcelona in August and want to have lots of conversations with you when he will be there.

He asks you:
John: hey bro, what is your pin?
Peter: Pin, I cannot use bbm.
J: Why ?
P: Because my phone is windows phone and it is perfect by means of speed, efficiency blah blah, but on windows phone there is no bbm, but will be coming to wp this summer.
J: Really?
P: Yeah.
J: So I will go Barcelona for this summer. When I am in Barcelona can we talk through BBM?
P: No way.
J: Why is that?
P: Because Windows Phone version of blackberry will initially support only text messaging.
J: Oh God. Then can we talk through Whatsapp in this summer. I heard that this summer whatsapp will support voice calls?
P: That is not possible too.
J: What is wrong again?
P: Well we can't talk because I hate to say but there is no whatsapp on windows phone store.
J: What do you mean?
P: Due to some bugs in the whatsapp the app has been unpublished from the store.
J: Man I get it why it is fast. Because there is no app that works with ALL FEATURES.
J: If I were you I would use 3310.
P: Why?
J: Because you can't install the same apps on both phones but it is faster than your windows phone.
P: Yes bro, you are right. I don't know what a sin I have that leads me to buy windows phone.

That's all. I beleive after reading this conversation you will get the main idea of this.

chris_gt

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
It's good news that Microsoft is giving the developer a hand on providing a better app, seems they really needed it. Either way I seriously doubt that the app will meet all expectations, specially after trying the beta.

I've been using Whatsapp since it was launched on WP7.5 and the best it got to was "acceptable but missing some features"

Some may rant at the fact that developers bring sub par apps to the platform as always, but hey at least it's a solid platform and most bases are now covered and working well.

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Yup I know what you mean that was the main reason I sold my bb 10 device because there were not many apps at that time. Then I went to IOS and now I have the apps I don't use them. The only apps I use are Instagram whatsapp and Facebook and my banking app. And now 8.1 is out for WP I am going back to WP :)

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Yup I know what you mean that was the main reason I sold my bb 10 device because there were not many apps at that time. Then I went to IOS and now I have the apps I don't use them. The only apps I use are Instagram whatsapp and Facebook and my banking app. And now 8.1 is out for WP I am going back to WP :)

don't hassle. at least, wait for whatsapp to appear again! :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss