WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
It's good news that Microsoft is giving the developer a hand on providing a better app, seems they really needed it. Either way I seriously doubt that the app will meet all expectations, specially after trying the beta.

I've been using Whatsapp since it was launched on WP7.5 and the best it got to was "acceptable but missing some features"

Some may rant at the fact that developers bring sub par apps to the platform as always, but hey at least it's a solid platform and most bases are now covered and working well.

Hey..so are u a beta tester? And what do you mean? Isnt the beta version of whatsapp also good? :(

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
not tons but hundreds yeah.
Ok, just look at the whatapp voice call feature, how did they announce?
First on ios and android then windows phone. They will get voice call feature and while we are not able to change the background of the conversation. Notification problems, not on Whatsapp but Viber too. I want you to make a voip call through viber with respective phones especially with loudspeaker is on, lumia 1520 / 920 and sgs 4 / 5 and iphone 5 / 5s. Can you compare the cal quality in terms of sound quality and is there any interrupt over there. It is like: Hooowwww iiiiiissss itttt goinggggg? Did you get the point?

What about Candy Crush? They don't give a fcuk about windows phone. Kik messenger is too. I am tired of defending windows phone, how it is fluent without any lag. Notification through Action Center and live tiles are there. But sometimes if the notifications don't work because of app bug or os bug somehow, then you feel like guilty. Most of the people when they buy a phone they want whatsapp, viber, messenger (facebook) with free voice call feature and bbm with voice and video call feature. But most of them are not there. How do you feel when you see someone having a voice conversation through bbm on galaxy note 3 with the same price as you paid on Lumia 1520.

Let's say your name is Peter and your friend's name is John. John will go to Barcelona in August and want to have lots of conversations with you when he will be there.

He asks you:
John: hey bro, what is your pin?
Peter: Pin, I cannot use bbm.
J: Why ?
P: Because my phone is windows phone and it is perfect by means of speed, efficiency blah blah, but on windows phone there is no bbm, but will be coming to wp this summer.
J: Really?
P: Yeah.
J: So I will go Barcelona for this summer. When I am in Barcelona can we talk through BBM?
P: No way.
J: Why is that?
P: Because Windows Phone version of blackberry will initially support only text messaging.
J: Oh God. Then can we talk through Whatsapp in this summer. I heard that this summer whatsapp will support voice calls?
P: That is not possible too.
J: What is wrong again?
P: Well we can't talk because I hate to say but there is no whatsapp on windows phone store.
J: What do you mean?
P: Due to some bugs in the whatsapp the app has been unpublished from the store.
J: Man I get it why it is fast. Because there is no app that works with ALL FEATURES.
J: If I were you I would use 3310.
P: Why?
J: Because you can't install the same apps on both phones but it is faster than your windows phone.
P: Yes bro, you are right. I don't know what a sin I have that leads me to buy windows phone.

That's all. I beleive after reading this conversation you will get the main idea of this.

Totally true bro! Gotta agree with it. Experienced the same thing today. Two of my friends were playing QuizUp with each other and they also wanted to join in and add me. But there's no QuizUp for windows phone so it was pretty embarassing. And I've been through a similar situation many times. I just love the fluidity and the entire OS. But i just wish that the apps would come faster and recieve timely updates as well.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Totally true bro! Gotta agree with it. Experienced the same thing today. Two of my friends were playing QuizUp with each other and they also wanted to join in and add me. But there's no QuizUp for windows phone so it was pretty embarassing. And I've been through a similar situation many times. I just love the fluidity and the entire OS. But i just wish that the apps would come faster and recieve timely updates as well.

Ya I agree with u if u pay lot of money nd bought lumia 1520 u have to feel that way.:D:cool::banghead:

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I love WP, it's the best OS, best UI, rapid, fluid, beautiful etc, etc but indeed, the app gap is kiling me!!! :( I can't at Whatsapp not available on WP Store.. I mean, it's Whatsapp not some weird local bank app! For god's sake! What's this mess :(

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, I am sad to report that this latest whatsapp debacle means i am making the switch from WP. I can barely survive a few hours without whatsapp - let alone a week or more. This is just one example of how WP is all too often overlooked when it comes to proper, timely updating of apps. A quick glance at the 'top 5 missing apps' article today shows that most of us are still craving good, fully featured apps from Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram, and many, many others. Sad to say goodbye, but this really is the last straw in my windows phone journey.

If whatsapp is so important to you, why was it not installed on your phone when they deleted it?

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I love WP, it's the best OS, best UI, rapid, fluid, beautiful etc, etc but indeed, the app gap is kiling me!!! :( I can't at Whatsapp not available on WP Store.. I mean, it's Whatsapp not some weird local bank app! For god's sake! What's this mess :(

Calm the f down it will be back soon

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
is there new features on the new beta update?
i would like to have all those allready on whatsapp update things plus ablity to send more than 16mb videos like other Oses and that colour on group chats , plzzzzzz

Timovdk

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I checked if there is a new update for whatsapp beta for every 5 minutes. I have left my computer for about 10 minutes and voila whatsapp beta is here. Let's hope it fixes some bugs.
One more step taken through the road of whatsapp! :)

You should leave your pc more often... Maybe it speeds up the process :p

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Nothing new no fixes for wp8.1 I there is something to report in the beta I would do :) if you stop waiting for the update it will come faster im sure. I'm still waiting for wp8.1 beta updates but lost my hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos