WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
For those of you thinking its Friday today, a Whatsapp update is possible....Its not coming out today. Joe Belfiore just tweeted yesterday that MS is working with Whatsapp and the update will be out soon. If it was so soon as 24hrs, he wouldn't have even made the tweet.

From my experience with the word soon coming from Joe it is probably 2 months at least. I hate how many people use the word soon when it is not applicable.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah right and the moon landing was all fake and Pitbull is behind the missing Malaysia Air plane...

Get outta here with your paranoid conspiracy theories!

Let me ignore your unnecessary things in your post and make a reply.

It's fact that I'm sharing. I have ample of mobile vendor clients, I get first hand information.

And you can't comment if don't have any knowledge of it.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Erstwhile, the last update was possible when Nokia had worked with WhatsApp. Remember that multi selection update!! So is that always necessary that WhatsApp team would fail and wait for Microsoft/Nokia to come and rescue the update? I doubt WhatsApp is actually working for windows phone version! Or just Nokia & Microsoft are developing at WhatsApp Inc permission!
Anyways, WhatsApp is not a concern but defamation of windows phone.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say, doesn't seem to make much sense, i'm just going to chalk it up to an ESL issue, which is totally fine. But once again, look up the definition of defamation, what you are doing may be deemed defamatory, what's happening with the app on WP is not defamatory in any way, it might be damaging to WP user base but that doesn't mean it's defamatory.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

It's fact that I'm sharing. I have ample of mobile vendor clients, I get first hand information.

interesting, can you please elaborate as to what exactly is fact in what you've stated? Because I see a lot of speculation with regards to some sort of a conspiracy to defame MS by removing WA from the store, none of which is based on fact

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The only thing which matter is that even a single day delay in update is harming sales of Windows phone...get it fast

I doubt that Whatsapp missing far awhile is going to have a big long term impact on WP sales. So far WP had been plodding along at a moderate pace. Big things that are predicted to make sales skyrocket, such as updates or device releases, have not worked out that way. I don't think this will make a significant impact either.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

Lol you're saying that you know for a fact that the Whatsapp development for Wp is being hindered on purpose?
Please elaborate.

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
What if the bug had happned with Android or iOs, would it be fixed sooner than it is for Windows Phone? OF COURSE! That's what most people are whining about, the lack of development, the lack of interest... if this was an Android issue they would've made an official statement, would've posted some Tweets by Whatsapp team themselves and would've made this problem be gone in a matter of hours, a day at most... but they're like , who cares about WP ... I mean, who cares? obviously we do, that's why I'm here... but the world IS NOT going to wait for Whatsapp when all they need is a phone today... now, who wants to hold for a week or two to buy a phone? People in this world aren't all tech savvy geeks, they just need a phone with pictures, camera, whatsapp and fb, instagram and twitter... PERIOD - whoever says , look at other platforms like We Chat and Line and Viber, lol NO ... they wnat whatsapp , period

neglekted

May 20, 2014
Visit site
^ Sure. It's all a numbers game. There are 800 million Android users out there and 300 million iPhone users, compared to 'only' about 50 million Windows Phone users. WhatsApp recently announced they have 500 million active users. Assuming the platform distribution is more or less the same, WA has about 20 million WP users, compared to ~350 million Android users and 130 million iOS users. Not taking into account Symbian and BlackBerry, but you get the idea. So of course most of their resources are going to be allocated to the other platforms, simply because there's more money to be made there. Which is of course a vicious circle, because if the app continues to lag behind the platform will not grow and there will never be a reason to invest in it.

Interestingly enough, I'm still on WP8 GDR3 and the WA notifications have been working exceptionally well for me lately. I have had occasional problems with them in the past with toasts arriving late or not at all, but it's like ever since they pulled the app from the store my notifications haven't missed a beat. Kind of makes you wonder what the hell the problem is :p Although I'm sure the WA devs are wondering the same thing, or else they'd have been able to fix whatever issues they've been having on their own without MS getting involved.

Stefan May

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Ok can we install whatsapp through a xap file or not? I can install the old versions but then its says i need to update to verify my number... Anyway to work around? There is got to be a way a developer must know this!!

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the beta and will report if there is something to report but there isn't something to report! The issue is with gdr3 so the updates are pretty useless for wp8.1 because that's nit they priority so they won't use the new APIs ir fix the ssssh bug or the battery drain.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
India is a huge Market and someone wants to stop Microsoft to capture such potential market. Something suspicious and not at all normal.. Seems to be purposeful. This is just defamatory way to stop Microsoft. People in India started liking windows phone, people are amazed with wp8.1 update.. 8/10 said my next phone is windows phone.. Just one WhatsApp has deteriorated reputation. I am afraid and I doubt WhatsApp active participant of this scandal.

Ya agree it may be Google hands involved to stop the reach of Windows phone in India.if wp captures Indian market then it means end of android in India.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Lol who buys a 630 now in a WhatsApp dependent country is really ducked. Have fun with your useless phone guys. Thank you WhatsApp and Microsoft for messing this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99