WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

desitunez

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Issue is with WP8 Update 3 for notifications , WP8.1 is fine.

Issue is with WP8 platform , the way notifications system work/ its integrated. So doesn't look like simple fix may be 1 month - 1 week who knows.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Issue is with WP8 Update 3 for notifications , WP8.1 is fine.

Issue is with WP8 platform , the way notifications system work/ its integrated. So doesn't look like simple fix may be 1 month - 1 week who knows.

If issue is with 8.0 then wtf (sorry) they waited this long, until 8.1 got released (dev. preview). Probably 4/5 8.1 compatible devices are running 8.1 now. So don't see point fixing it for 8.0 when they really should work on fixing issues we (not me, but some people) have on 8.1

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
It's a while all phones migrate to WP8.1. Then, an update will be released to full support.
Yeah its been awhile since Update 3 was released. And they taking care of it now? Makes no sense. Maybe you haven't but I've been following this thread for a very long time and Always people, including me, have complained about various issues way before 8.1 was released. And Not One issue has been fixed, they just added ability to send videos and pin contact on start screen. Now on 8.1 only big issue I have is the static noise, I don't complain about it because nobody can help me with it. So again, I think it would be better if they took care of 8.1 instead 8.0. At least that why it's called DEVELOPERS preview, to test and fix their app(s) before final release. But no they took it out from Store to fix for 8.0

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Repeat: Not everyone use WP8.1. That's not hard to understand.
I always follow this thread and I'm (almost) part of beta program, so We understand what happen or why Whatsapp was pulled from store.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
i really don't understand the basic idea of the developer.
the app with all features is available in other OSs. that means, basically they have all designed up.
windows phone 8 and the APIs are available for a long time now. then, why the developers can't give a complete app altogether? why to give it in bits?
i can understand, the update is required in 8.1, but in WP8 itself, the app was not given as a complete set. it was given with many things missing.
does that mean, developers couldn't port it completely?
i am not blaming anyone, nor making fun out of it. i am just trying to understand the programing difference.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Repeat: Not everyone use WP8.1. That's not hard to understand.
I always follow this thread and I'm (almost) part of beta program, so We understand what happen or why Whatsapp was pulled from store.

Not hard to understand: Lumia 630 is officially out with 8.1 which is the current low end king of wp.
Lumia 930 will be out less than a week.

So, it is time to cut the crap.

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Not hard to understand: Lumia 630 is officially out with 8.1 which is the current low end king of wp.
Lumia 930 will be out less than a week.

So, it is time to cut the crap.

Exactly! As u said the Lumia 630 is already out. And the lumia 930 also is just round the corner. Even the official WP8.1 update will be out in a few weeks. I dont see any reason for them not to optimize it for WP8.1 yet. Been 4 months since the last update. Getting really tired of waiting now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs