WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordano

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Well I see your point, but maye only apply for people like you who probably have tons of apps. For me is just mail, calendar, facebook, WP, Twitter, weather and a couple more...anything have me tie to WP. But I have to accept that when everything works fine is a comfortable OS

I actually don't have tons of apps...😊

I also see your point, you were referring to people in general. And you're absolutely right; I always hear when I recommend some Windows Phone "but it lacks in apps...". Imagine telling to someone like this "buy a WP, but forget about WhatsApp". This person won't go for it, right?

I was unlucky: I ordered my Ativ S and, one day later, WhatsApp was out. I still have it in my L520, but my main phone is now the Ativ...couldn't sideload the app either, just an old version which denies me the number confirmation. I tried a few tricks but with no success.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I would never leave my chosen platform just for one app. No matter which app is. It's just ridiculous...

That's easy to say, but when that one app is the primary means of contract amongst your wide group of family and friends, including those living and working abroad, it changes things completely.

I can't expect 40 people to suddenly switch to another app just because MS and WhatsApp can't get their act together.

I've had to buy an Android phone to use until this is resolved. The whole situation is a complete joke.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Jordano

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
That's easy to say, but when that one app is the primary means of contract amongst your wide group of family and friends, including those living and working abroad, it changes things completely.

I can't expect 40 people to suddenly switch to another app just because MS and WhatsApp can't get their act together.

I've had to buy an Android phone to use until this is resolved. The whole situation is a complete joke.

That's your case. I get it, and agree with you. I think it's nonsense to switch platform just for WhatsApp - in my position. You know, restricted circle that involves basically my girlfriend, a few heads in the family and some other friends.

But you made a good point. It's really, really, ridiculous. A company that worth 20 billion dollars - a respectable one - would never do this. Change the variables a bit and assign Android or iOS to the platform; you think WA would leave its users like they did to Windows users?

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I would rather leave WhatsApp than leaving windows phone. For me, going to Android is just winning the battle and losing the war. I will gain WhatsApp and lose many things such as battery life, simplicity, and many more. What's the gain in having WhatsApp and not having battery.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
WhatsApp can't force me to leave WP in any way. WhatsApp does not make this ecosystem and they should clearly understand that there are other IM apps and doing much much better than what they have to offer. Its just the matter of contacts, nothing else. I am pretty sure, if I ask my kith and kins to download another messaging app for me, they will do it. WhatsApp MUST NOT take us for granted!!

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
WhatsApp can't force me to leave WP in any way. WhatsApp does not make this ecosystem and they should clearly understand that there are other IM apps and doing much much better than what they have to offer. Its just the matter of contacts, nothing else. I am pretty sure, if I ask my kith and kins to download another messaging app for me, they will do it. WhatsApp MUST NOT take us for granted!!

With all that said, I wish WhatsApp was still available on Store and I would have rated it just 1 star. They don't deserve our gratitude anymore.

ImMadNad

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Nowadays you will get WhatsApp in a phone which will cost around ₹1000 ie $17 off contract.. Guess it is Symbian based phone with MP3 and FM radio.. So using WhatsApp as a standalone phone is not that expensive if you are having problem with the app in WP..

Amran Nagal

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
So I emailed that whatsapp employee, you guys are not going to believe what he said.
He said and I quote "The underlying OS is ****" I'll post the screenshot asap

kaantantr

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Well, we have his name, so why not report somewhere??

Someone from customer support, or at least someone who deals with custoners should not be talking like that at least...

Although it is not true, there are many ways to tell an OS is bad, if you really hate it for some reason... But we all know WP is not a bad OS..

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, we have his name, so why not report somewhere??

Someone from customer support, or at least someone who deals with custoners should not be talking like that at least...

Although it is not true, there are many ways to tell an OS is bad, if you really hate it for some reason... But we all know WP is not a bad OS..

Yes exactly. We should do that! As u said,people from the customer support have absolutely no right to say such things! But I have my own doubts. He may also just be a troll.

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
no troll. actually emailed this dude and got that reply. Either he is an employee or I got trolled. No idea.

Yes,even I'm getting the same doubts. He may just turn out to be a troll. I mean im sure that an employee of WhatsApp wouldn't say such things. But if he is seriously an employee we all should report about him.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I would rather leave WhatsApp than leaving windows phone. For me, going to Android is just winning the battle and losing the war. I will gain WhatsApp and lose many things such as battery life, simplicity, and many more. What's the gain in having WhatsApp and not having battery.

Don't get me wrong here, I much prefer WP to Android, but your just plain wrong. I'm currently using a Sony Xperia Z2 with a 3000 mah battery. I get 7 hours of screen time.

WP_290

May 25, 2014
Visit site
of course not, we are living one of the disadvantages of WP, one that is completly separate of how good or bad the software is. We basically are not enough people to concern a 20 billion company. Thats sad and probably I will put more weight to this fact the next time I buy something.

I am also not completly satisfied with MS response, I think that, although is not their fault, they could be a little more influent than us and put some leverage over WS. At least from our point of view, it seems they dont care a lot.

Jordano

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
of course not, we are living one of the disadvantages of WP, one that is completly separate of how good or bad the software is. We basically are not enough people to concern a 20 billion company. Thats sad and probably I will put more weight to this fact the next time I buy something.

I am also not completly satisfied with MS response, I think that, although is not their fault, they could be a little more influent than us and put some leverage over WS. At least from our point of view, it seems they dont care a lot.

I don't think Microsoft really needs to help WhatsApp. Ok, it's an important app nowadays, but all bugs were caused by the WhatsApp team; other messaging apps doesn't share the same incompetence. Seems to me that would be a waste of Microsoft's resources - developers, roughly speaking - if the they were given to WA. That's not the case, at least not entirely...

I might be diverging from your comment, but in general the situation is highly laughable. Bugs happen, we get it, but this...this is epic. A real tragedy. But it's a shame for WA, definitely, and it's lack of effort and competence to solve some bugs.

WP_290

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I think MS should act because of the customers who are stuck with a new phone, without one of the more popular apps nowadays, and a lot of them with the possibility to turn it back and go for another option. I wasn't talking about MS offering help as charity to WA, but because this can seriously can hurt the OS.

Yes, this is epic, WA is very incompetent or simply don't care. In both scenarios we are screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99