Not open for further replies.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I think MS should act because of the customers
In both scenarios we are screwed.

Not only screwed.........
Its simply fraud.
If you bought it, you should be able to download it or get a refund.
they should atleast offer a satisfying alternative or compensation.
People pay in good trust money for a service they dont get................anymore.
So who is going to lit the fuse for a civil lawsuit ;-)
Its only 0,99 cents, but keep in mind, how many 0.99 cents do they already have earned?????????
easy money for a service they dont deliver.

It sounds a little over the top, i know.
But hell you paid for a service, and they made a commitment...........no matter how you look at it, its a contract
and they violate it.

They not only violate the paying users, but also MS by giving a bad name ( they used MS services to make money for there premium app ).
There are laws who protect people against those kind of things.
Its not about the App, its just about the principal.

Whatsapp is bouth by Facebook ( and they made a solem promise that there should be no changes ), so Facebook should also take there responsibility

So mount the horses and lit the tourches............. let the crusaid begin

I am going to get me a pint and some popcorn and watch how this forumthread evolves after my piece of mind about the Whatsapp scame :)

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
No, they don't violate it. They can remove an app from the store and even remotely delete an app from your phone if they want (which happened recently with one app) - it's in the contract. You're at their mercy, you don't own any apps.
Depents on witch country you are in.
Not al laws are the same.

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
MS sucks from hardcore ! WP will die in a year if they will be same like this! They just don't care about their customers. Now its been 11 days to fix a app! They should be ashamed of doing all this! This is my first and last retarded windows phone ! Lumia 925, this phone also sucks like them, battery get 20% in 4 hours, I have to charge my phone thrice a day! windows phone dont have apps, and yes they're right where they tell to make a switch! So yes m making a swtich to iOS!

4ny0n3

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Man, am I starting to lose it!

I have a Lumia 822 with Whatsapp already in it, no problems, perfect notifications. A week ago I bought an HTC 8X which I'm dying to use as my main device. I need WhatsApp for work and now I have to leave my new $200 paperweight at home. 😠

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
@ Dedracer
What does that have to do with Whatsapp?
Whatsapp and MS stands appart, Whatsapp/Facebook should repair the damage not Microsoft.
I wish you a lot of luck with IOS

From an other forumthread you posted that it was great............

My Lumia 925 is still facing the problem of battery drain. I guess its the WhatsApp who is draining all the battery from my phone! Yesterday I did hard reset and didn't installed WhatsApp just to checkout how battery goes without WhatsApp! Guys it was so awesome..i charged my phone to 100% at 2:40 am and at 12 noon it was at 90% and then installed WhatsApp to check out if drain is there or not..after installing same problem occurred so my,guess is WhatsApp is using our all battery like a beast not the OS!

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This lack of What's App has made me realize how little I need the app. Skype, FB and email cover all my needs perfectly. Also, all my What's App contact are also in the other apps, so I don't really have an issue with its dismiss.

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
This lack of What's App has made me realize how little I need the app. Skype, FB and email cover all my needs perfectly. Also, all my What's App contact are also in the other apps, so I don't really have an issue with its dismiss.
I do not agree. I would rather switch to another phone than switch to another chat. All my friend, family, etc.. do not have windows phone. It's me to adapt !
MS should cooperate, because I'm seriously thinking let my Nokia 1020 for sale.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Not only screwed.........
Its simply fraud.
If you bought it, you should be able to download it or get a refund.
they should atleast offer a satisfying alternative or compensation.
People pay in good trust money for a service they dont get................anymore.
So who is going to lit the fuse for a civil lawsuit ;-)
Its only 0,99 cents, but keep in mind, how many 0.99 cents do they already have earned?????????
easy money for a service they dont deliver.

It sounds a little over the top, i know.
But hell you paid for a service, and they made a commitment...........no matter how you look at it, its a contract
and they violate it.

They not only violate the paying users, but also MS by giving a bad name ( they used MS services to make money for there premium app ).
There are laws who protect people against those kind of things.
Its not about the App, its just about the principal.

No, Whatsapp is not denying you service. Millions of users are still happily using it. It's your own choice.

hirawan77

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I just hard reset my phone (Lumia 720) and just realised that whatsapp is not available in the marketplace. So I downloaded manually from the link from this forum WhatsApp | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)) and saved the file into my micro sd card.

I follow the instruction from microsoft (How do I install apps from
an SD card? | Windows Phone How-to (United States)
).

I went to the store apps, tap more (...) but I don't see option to install apps fromo SD card. I only get "setting".
Or this is disable because of whatsapp is currently blocked from the market place? (
Please advise.
Really need whatsapp badly.
Thank you

​Hirawan

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
This only harms WP more than it is.. Even Asha phones have Whatsapp... This is so ridiculous m.. We're like entering the Blackberry territory where you kind of get ashamed for owning a BB hence the app support is non existent
.. People get mad at people requesting an app that's"worthless" yet how many users does Whatsapp have? It's the #1 app for messaging. This is ridiculous and it also goes hand in hand with the same story... All the Wp apps are crap compared to ios and android... PERIOD. THIS IS NOT an elephant 🐘 in a room no more... It's just how it is. The LINE APP is so crappy, slow and you can't have timeline and you can't buy stickers and you can't make video calls. The Facebook app sucks big time. The Instagram is still beta after all these months and so and so. You can't upload videos unless you pay a small fee for the 6tag app, not every teen has a credit card and I still could go on and on. Look at the office suite, it's so crappy and limited in function, Skype is crappy too, Twitter works decently and blah blah blah...

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

swapnil wajpe

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
This only harms WP more than it is.. Even Asha phones have Whatsapp

Forget Asha, that is still a running OS. Even the defunct Symbian still has it. 3 of my friends bought a brand new 630 and could find whatsapp. 2 of them have gone back to using Nokia 5800 and one even sold his 630 and bought a Micromax phone.

The LINE APP is so crappy, slow and you can't have timeline and you can't buy stickers and you can't make video calls. The Facebook app sucks big time. The Instagram is still beta after all these months and so and so. You can't upload videos unless you pay a small fee for the 6tag app, not every teen has a credit card and I still could go on and on. Look at the office suite, it's so crappy and limited in function, Skype is crappy too, Twitter works decently and blah blah blah...

You forget to add the Xbox Music and Video App. Something as simple as a music player is messed up to a limit, that too in a modern day OS of 2013 from a company like Microsoft, just makes me sad, but I somewhere see a better future for the OS given time n am I pretty sure it will develop to be way better than it currently is.

Last edited:

dameanestdude

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Everytime i scroll up to my age old coversations, my whatsapp happenes to crash.. The same thing happenes sometimes when i try to send any picture using whatsapp.
I am using Lumia 520 with black update. Please suggest any possible solution.

Sent from my RM-914_eu_france_234 using Tapatalk

swapnil wajpe

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Everytime i scroll up to my age old coversations, my whatsapp happenes to crash.. The same thing happenes sometimes when i try to send any picture using whatsapp.

I just email myself the entire converstation, its a workaround but still better. Don't know about the photo, mine does crash the first time, but sends successfully when I try again.

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

It's fixed in beta so there wont be a problem if WhatsApp pushes the update out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99