WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Bottom line, apps on Windows phone are still bad. The OS may be good, but without good apps supports, it will not go far. Lousy Facebook app, slow Facebook messenger, Whatsapp now removed without news of coming back, Line is not as polished as other platform, Instagram forever on BETA, Flipboard still not announce yet, etc etc... Apps on Windows Phone are just looking so sub par or most of them are just 3rd parties, which means they will not be free unlike on Android.

I'm thinking of moving away from Windows Phone back to Android after seeing the new G3. Android may be not as efficient as Windows Phone, but at the very least, I will not be pissed by the apps standards on Android.

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Are there any Android phones that don't get the lag the bugs and the stupid battery life they used to get?

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
If only WP had the same applications as they do. If only. Not all of them but the few they have make them equally good in terms of quality

pranaysonirip

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey frnds...
Try telegram beta...
Jst like watsapp..i think much better ..
Chat background animated background n more .....

Try it...if u like it...

(Nai to jane do..😉 )

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Are there any Android phones that don't get the lag the bugs and the stupid battery life they used to get?

Have a look at the Moto G. Inexpensive, no lag and great battery life. On the upper end the Sony Xperia Z2, LG G3 or HTC M8 are excellent.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

swapnil wajpe

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey frnds...
Try telegram beta...
Jst like watsapp..i think much better ..
Chat background animated background n more .....

Try it...if u like it...

(Nai to jane do..�� )

Same problem as other messengers only 15 of my 216 whatsapp contacts are on telegram and only 3 are active. :D :D :D and they are not even the ones I contact regularly. (isliye janey diya)

mav2300

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
How long does MS and Whatsapp need to fix an issue ? As far as I know MS is the developper of Windows Phone they should know their OS, Whatsapp team the same for the apps. So where is the problem ? Are they really working together or is it just crap to make people wait for gohst app ? More than 12 days to fix an issue, I guess they are not really stressed to fix it....

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I just hard reset my phone (Lumia 720) and just realised that whatsapp is not available in the marketplace. So I downloaded manually from the link from this forum WhatsApp | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)) and saved the file into my micro sd card.

I follow the instruction from microsoft (How do I install apps from
an SD card? | Windows Phone How-to (United States)
).

I went to the store apps, tap more (...) but I don't see option to install apps fromo SD card. I only get "setting".
Or this is disable because of whatsapp is currently blocked from the market place? (
Please advise.
Really need whatsapp badly.
Thank you

​Hirawan

leave those instructions aside.
restart ur phone and wait for 1-2 minutes. then start the store, u will be able to find the SD Card option there soon.
then u will be able to install the app. but, whatsapp being unavailable in the market now currently, it won't install as it is first confirmed with the store before install.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
The timing for this disaster couldn't be better. The absence of WhatsApp is totally killing any momentum that WP8.1 could have generated. (even though the wp8.1 devices are not exciting at all)

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
How long does MS and Whatsapp need to fix an issue ? As far as I know MS is the developper of Windows Phone they should know their OS, Whatsapp team the same for the apps. So where is the problem ? Are they really working together or is it just crap to make people wait for gohst app ? More than 12 days to fix an issue, I guess they are not really stressed to fix it....

True that

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
The timing for this disaster couldn't be better. The absence of WhatsApp is totally killing any momentum that WP8.1 could have generated. (even though the wp8.1 devices are not exciting at all)

Yup you're right! WP8.1 was a great step in the right direction for WP8 but this WhatsApp debacle has affected the momentum which WP8.1 could've generated and has kept away potential buyers of WP8.1 phones! Like it or not,WhatsApp is a very important app for WP8 as most of the ppl use it.

Aalok05

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I see a big conspiracy in disappearing of whatsapp . This can't be normal ... I know people who are utterly disgusted because they deleted whatsapp accidently and now they cannot find it . Imagine now disgusting this would be for an average user who doesn't know the inside story. People have taken the decision of leaving windows phone due to this debacle. WHAT IS MICROSOFT DOING???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs