WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Best

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
as many people have said before...its not a Microsoft problem, the WhatsApp devs have taken it down, Microsoft want the app back too and are trying to help fix it but its not a Microsoft problem...

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I see a big conspiracy in disappearing of whatsapp . This can't be normal ... I know people who are utterly disgusted because they deleted whatsapp accidently and now they cannot find it . Imagine now disgusting this would be for an average user who doesn't know the inside story. People have taken the decision of leaving windows phone due to this debacle. WHAT IS MICROSOFT DOING???

I agree that it's a conspiracy. Take a look at Telegram... It does more than whatsapp with far less resources. Rudy huyn develops great apps and doesn't have the resources whatsapp inc does. And you're right, for someone who doesn't know the whole story, it would seem as if its Microsofts fault.
I just hope whatsapp returns by the weekend. If Microsoft has to pay whatsapp to support WP, they should do it. It's unfair, but if that's what it takes, then that's what they should do.

Aalok05

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
as many people have said before...its not a Microsoft problem, the WhatsApp devs have taken it down, Microsoft want the app back too and are trying to help fix it but its not a Microsoft problem...

It isn't microsoft's problem . Yeah ok. But absence of such a popular app from Windows phone ecosystem is going to be a big problem for it . 12 days and counting ... This leaves a big dent in the image of Windows phone OS .

Aalok05

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I agree that it's a conspiracy. Take a look at Telegram... It does more than whatsapp with far less resources. Rudy huyn develops great apps and doesn't have the resources whatsapp inc does. And you're right, for someone who doesn't know the whole story, it would seem as if its Microsofts fault.
I just hope whatsapp returns by the weekend. If Microsoft has to pay whatsapp to support WP, they should do it. It's unfair, but if that's what it takes, then that's what they should do.

Absolutely correct....who knows if facebook is just trying to make some money through such acts?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
If Microsoft has to pay whatsapp to support WP, they should do it. It's unfair, but if that's what it takes, then that's what they should do.

Except this is no different from paying ransom to release hostages.

If MS pays Facebook for WhatsApp, what is to stop every other entity with a popular app from removing it from the store precisely when it can do the most damage, and demanding payment for its return? If WhatsApp can extract money that way, why shouldn't everyone else too?

Paying devs to do what they should want to do on their own, hurts as much as it helps, if not more. At some point, WP will get nothing without a payoff from MS.

What MS should offer is help. Not money. AFAIK that is what they are doing.

I don't think WhatsApp wants money BTW. I'd wager they do want something from MS however and are using this tactic to get it.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Except this is no different from paying ransom to release hostages.

If MS pays Facebook for WhatsApp, what is to stop every other entity with a popular app from removing it from the store precisely when it can do the most damage, and demanding payment for its return? If WhatsApp can extract money that way, why shouldn't everyone else too?

Paying devs to do what they should want to do on their own, hurts as much as it helps, if not more. At some point, WP will get nothing without a payoff from MS.

What MS should offer is help. Not money. AFAIK that is what they are doing.

I don't think WhatsApp wants money BTW. I'd wager they do want something from MS however and are using this tactic to get it.

I don't like the idea of having to pay either. But the situation is really hurting WP. Yes, if they pay whatsapp, other devs will ask for money to. There's no doubt. Microsoft is stuck between a rock and a hard place; between the devil and the deep sea. It's a lousy situation. A lot of people are considering quitting WP because there's not much whatsapp support, and no news of when it will be back. I don'tknow what Microsoft can do to increase sales, and get devs on board, but they don't have much time.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't like the idea of having to pay either. But the situation is really hurting WP. Yes, if they pay whatsapp, other devs will ask for money to. There's no doubt. Microsoft is stuck between a rock and a hard place; between the devil and the deep sea. It's a lousy situation. A lot of people are considering quitting WP because there's not much whatsapp support, and no news of when it will be back. I don'tknow what Microsoft can do to increase sales, and get devs on board, but they don't have much time.

Remember that most devs want to see Windows Phone die. It wouldn't surprise me if other devs did the same thing as WA when it'll hurt the most in order to try and kill WP so nobody has to develop for it.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
whats going on seriously? I am now reconsidering buying the 930 now because of this. Although not much of a big deal as all my friends use Viber too. Just more people will move over to apps like Viber and WeChat.

pstyle

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
None of my friends will switch to viber or telegram. They use iphones and android. So why should they change their most used app when everything works fine?

I dont know where you are from, but here in germany, there is only 1! app for texting friends which matters. And that is whats app.

josepmanel1983

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
None of my friends will switch to viber or telegram. They use iphones and android. So why should they change their most used app when everything works fine?

I dont know where you are from, but here in germany, there is only 1! app for texting friends which matters. And that is whats app.

Same thing in Spain. This situation is really harming the already bad image of Windows Phone in Spain. Nobody wants a phone if they can't install Whatsapp, period.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Who the f*ck wants a phone without WhatsApp: nobody.
Who wants a phone with a crappy WhatsApp: only a few.
This is the beginning of the death of Windows Phone.

I will promise you all that we will see a giant decline in WP sales across Europe and anywhere else where WhatsApp is the main messaging platform.

MS does have fault in this. They should have bought WhatsApp and combine its forces with Skype and rule the messaging/voip/camming universe. But MS is AWLAYS too late.

Even in this state they should just give WhatsApp 5 billion to guarantee a solid app.

Help tweet & complain at Twitter to @joebelfiore only he can manage to pressure this..

Last edited:

WP_290

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I know MS will loose sales because I am living this, I was in the need to do a hard reset and I loose WA, now after some days I am really consiering moving to android. I know an app should not be a super big deal, but I already tried the other options and my contacts are not there, and that's exactly why FB pay 16 billions for WA, not for an amazing app but because the weight of the brand based in the huge quantity of users they have. Now imagine all the people that went and bought a WP to try the alternative and can't install WA since 10 days ago, I would be pretty angry at the moment and looking ways to return the device.

As I said before I like WP, Ilike the price and specs of the devices, but unfortunately nothing really tie me to the plattaform. I bought it just because was a nice device, the OS seems solid and I was previously using a blackberry so anything was an upgrade for me. I am start to regret my decision.

anyway, this is a Q&A thread, anyone received a good response from WA or timeframe (official or unofficial) ?? I guess not, but I am not really sure if I am looking in the right place, it seems that WA is not very active in twitter/fb

4hab

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not even mad about the fact that WA is not available at the moment.

I am really pi**ed, that there is not a single announcement or post about the status of WA, they dont even make any suggestions when it will come back. Its a farce.

Meanwhile Belfiores statement a week ago seems like a cruel joke. Its a shame. Just a shame. It seems MS underestimates what it really means not to deliver WA on their platform.

WP_290

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I am really pi**ed, that there is not a single announcement or post about the status of WA, they dont even make any suggestions when it will come back. Its a farce.

Meanwhile Belfiores statement a week ago seems like a cruel joke. Its a shame. Just a shame. It seems MS underestimates what it really means not to deliver WA on their platform.

exactly, and blogs, people and news still quote him every day as "we are working, soon will be back" come on, that was a week ago...

At this moment I will be plased if they announce that they will need a year to develop WA again, that will give me the perfect excuse to go and buy another phone. I am afraid that with my luck at the moment I get my new phone they will fix this issue hahaha

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Interesting idea. But what could they want? Google is said to be trying to hurt WP. Whether or not it's true, I can definitely see why they would. But Whatsapp? What's in it for them? Do they see Skype as competition?

If Whatsapp is trying to get something from Microsoft, my guess is that it has something to do with opening up WP APIs so they can make their app work properly. Why do virtually all messaging apps work better on iOS & Android than on WP? I don't think it's lazy developers. Even Skype is better on the other platforms.

4hab

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
At this moment I will be plased if they announce that they will need a year to develop WA again, that will give me the perfect excuse to go and buy another phone. I am afraid that with my luck at the moment I get my new phone they will fix this issue hahaha

It may be a joke, but for sure there are people who are thinking like that - seriously! Its a very serious situation, also because Windows Phone is not a lead platform for Whatsapp. So dumb and shallow people might really just change the platform or - but this is by far the minor consequence - just change the messenger.

It will be Microsoft, that suffers from this, not Whatsapp. I dont think they are aware of this.

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
How does that make someone dumb and shallow? I don't think you understand how popular whatsapp is especially if you live or contact others overseas. People aren't going to change messengers when all their friends are using whatsapp.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

WP_290

May 25, 2014
Visit site
It may be a joke, but for sure there are people who are thinking like that - seriously! Its a very serious situation, also because Windows Phone is not a lead platform for Whatsapp. So dumb and shallow people might really just change the platform or - but this is by far the minor consequence - just change the messenger.

It will be Microsoft, that suffers from this, not Whatsapp. I dont think they are aware of this.

dumb and shallow, I don't know...I use my phone to communicate and if its not working for that its worthless

(I also have the dropped call issue http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...d-every-time-i-try-call-someone-my-820-a.html)

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
About 90% I use my phone for Whatsapp only, of that 99% with one person. (She is about 16K km far from me)
The rest 10% goes for internet (news), WPCentral app, one game, aand some minor things.

Right now I don't have any problems with WhatsApp, it works just great on my 928 8.1. But if something happens to it and they won't repost it back to store ill just get android device just for WhatsApp

(I know nobody cares, just saying :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss