WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Xpider_XM, without contacts, probably not.

In facto, WA always worked for me, not 100% of the time, but is the same history with fb, weather, and the CELLPHONE itself, in fact lately I was having more problems doing simple calls than text through WA

The question here is, how much are people whiling to wait for an app that might return today or next week, or next month? If WA doesn't care and are not acting fast on purpose.. MS will tell us the truth? or they will continue with the radio silence policy?

All my apps, except WA, are working fine in my phone, WA works 70% of the time or so.

And contacts, well, I don't have 500 contacts, and I don't need all my contacts on all messengers, only few.

And, what is the "true"? what are you implying?

Don't hold your breath waiting for BBM.

I don't need it, in fact, Im not waiting for BBM, I'm fine with line, hike and Telegram.

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
What the hell people!!! Where is this discussion going!!! I don't think this is the place for users to speculate what's going on on the Developers minds or why they wanna switch to another platform...

I talk to selected group of people on WhatsApp, all i had to do was put my WhatsApp Status as "Switching to Hike, just loving it..." Within hours all my daily contacts were there on Hike... If your sons, daughters, family or friends can't install an extra app for you then its damn funny a situation... Hike, WeChat, Line, Telegram, all are free! Why don't invite your friends!!! Whatever be the case, you people wana switch platform feel free to do, why eating this Thread! It's here to discuss WhatsApp ISSUES, not to suggest you people what OS to switch to...

Until few days ago people were complaining and asking ETAs, that's ok but why suddenly discussing about platforms! God i don't believe some people are so dependent on a particular app when there are 100 alternatives...

Suddenly WhatsApp servers die for a day, i guess half of you would commit suicide...

And please guys stop blaming Belfiore or the Platform... When a HIKE, TELEGRAM, WECHAT, AND LINE with as good as they do on Android or iOS, then i believe its the failure of WhatsApp team and not Mr. Belfiore and team...
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

bone2yard

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Anyone noticed that
1: when your phone is plugged into the pc whatsapp won't work.
2 with headphones in and you open whatsapp you get like a white noise sound?

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Omg I'm so embarrassed!!! My friend just bought a Lumia phone and he called me asking to get whatsapp and I'm like ... You cant. Whatsapp is having troubles with it and so far coming soon is all we get
I'm so damn embarrassed!! This must be a joke really

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
And please guys stop blaming Belfiore or the Platform... When a HIKE, TELEGRAM, WECHAT, AND LINE with as good as they do on Android or iOS, then i believe its the failure of WhatsApp team and not Mr. Belfiore and team...

Some people are blind, and tend to extrapolate the Whatsapp situation with all the ecosystem (and I'm sure we have some trolls here and there).

I'm using Hike, Telegram and Line, and all of them are good apps, all of them works fine, some of them works better than Whatsapp.

If the platform is the issue... How developers as Rudy Huyn have done great apps for Windows Phone, better than iOS and Android versions, without the backup of Facebook or another big company?

The platform is ok, it is not the issue.

Omar 11

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone noticed that

When connecting to PC it doesn't work I've noticed this

But I didn't notice any sound while using the headset

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Omg I'm so embarrassed!!! My friend just bought a Lumia phone and he called me asking to get whatsapp and I'm like ... You cant. Whatsapp is having troubles with it and so far coming soon is all we get

My sister is mad that I recommended that she bought a lumia 520 and she can't get whatsapp.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
What the hell people!!! Where is this discussion going!!! I don't think this is the place for users to speculate what's going on on the Developers minds or why they wanna switch to another platform...

I talk to selected group of people on WhatsApp, all i had to do was put my WhatsApp Status as "Switching to Hike, just loving it..." Within hours all my daily contacts were there on Hike... If your sons, daughters, family or friends can't install an extra app for you then its damn funny a situation... Hike, WeChat, Line, Telegram, all are free! Why don't invite your friends!!! Whatever be the case, you people wana switch platform feel free to do, why eating this Thread! It's here to discuss WhatsApp ISSUES, not to suggest you people what OS to switch to...

Until few days ago people were complaining and asking ETAs, that's ok but why suddenly discussing about platforms! God i don't believe some people are so dependent on a particular app when there are 100 alternatives...

Suddenly WhatsApp servers die for a day, i guess half of you would commit suicide...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk
Don't like your view. Don't agree at all. Around me everybody owns something else than a windows phone. As I said, it is to me to adapt.
So give us a beta, an old app, whatever, and this discussion will be over.
By the way, before my cellphone was sent to repair, whatsapp was working perfectly on my windows phone.
A bit striky to pull out the app from the store. Whatsapp, MS or Facebook, together please, get rid of this issue or I'll get rid of my windows phone.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
My sister is mad that I recommended that she bought a lumia 520 and she can't get whatsapp.
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yeah, that sucks. I recommended WP to a friend who bought a 720 two weeks prior to WA being unpublished. I'm soooo glad that happened afterwards and she already has WA installed. I'd be taking a lot of heat otherwise right now. Feel for ya!

If we really want to get WA's attention, tweeting Belfiore is probably of little to no use. I'd have said poking WA is a good idea, but they have apparently mastered that art of ignoring WP users. The only way to really get their attention would be a mass switch to a competing app, like Telegram. IMHO that is the best option, as such a move is beneficial to everyone, not just us WP folk:
  • very good encryption technology
  • based in Germany, a country that still takes consumer protection and privacy seriously
  • fast and reliable on all platforms
  • similar enough to WhatsApp to make it an easy sell to those who still like WhatsApp
  • independent of Facebook... another advertiser that I and many others would rather be without... not to mention that Facebook has also become uncool, which is always a good way to motivate the youth to switch.

I've started the effort.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I know that feeling lol.. Sux

spazzmeister

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
WhatsApp doesn't need WP. So either convince your mates to use Telegram or switch to Android/iOS. Good thing I gave my brother my 925 before this happened. Told him not to reset his phone until this issue plays out. No WhatsApp, no WP growth.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
WP doesn't need WP, but they are losing money, or not getting that money. I'm sure that Blackberry (or Nokia Asha) userbase is smaller than Windows Phone userbase.

spazzmeister

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
WP doesn't need WP, but they are losing money, or not getting that money. I'm sure that Blackberry (or Nokia Asha) userbase is smaller than Windows Phone userbase.

Half a billion users. They can lose 10 million, no biggie. People will buy Ashas/BB/any half baked OS. This app is a deal-breaker. I think salespeople will straight up tell customers that there is no whatsapp, but this android instead...

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Correct. In some countries at least (names of which escape me) - WP8 has a higher userbase than BB.

In a lot of countries, even USA. BB is not in the third place since months ago.

Half a billion users. They can lose 10 million, no biggie. People will buy Ashas/BB/any half baked OS. This app is a deal-breaker. I think salespeople will straight up tell customers that there is no whatsapp, but this android instead...

Not all people will buy another phone, some will live without WA, some pleople will wait, etc.

sisqo88

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone noticed that

What phone do you got, one with an micro SD slot? and have you install the application on the SD card? Maybe this cause the problem if you connect the phone to the PC.
The noise sound is a bug in WhatsApp you can hear it on your loudspeakers too just open a chat and hold the loudspeaker to your ear you will hear the noise too.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
But would they care? It would be relatively few users. I'm sure they're well aware of the potential impact on their user base.

It seems that Whatsapp is planning to get A LOT bigger.

Well, no, but you are talking about reality, while I was thinking of a hypothetical situation where the WP user base would switch as the result of an organized effort to protest WA's efforts on WP. The chances of that happening are very small to none existent, unfortunately, and WhatsApp knows that too, so they have little to worry about.

However, get just a fourth of the WP userbase to ditch WhatsApp and push their family and friends to install Telegram (easily 50 million people), thereby helping Telegram to overcome the biggest obstacle of just getting installed on peoples smartphones, and you'd have instant reaction from WhatsApp.

Half a billion users. They can lose 10 million, no biggie.

Losing 10 million is not a problem. The danger is all the people those 10 million communicate with installing an alternative messenger app, particularly if they all choose the same alternative (say Telegram). That eliminates a huge barrier that currently protects WhatsApp.

Add to that the fact that Telegram is objectively better on all platforms, and you've got yourself a situation you don't want to be in after paying over 10 billion for WhatsApp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers