The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
07-19-2016 02:27 PM
204 ... 56789
tools
    I have a question,

do you experience battery drain when skype is signed in on device ?

I have a Lumia 920, using skype pretty often for bussiness at work and of course i am using it on desktop PC, but when i log off skype on my mobile phone, it last charged more than a day, when skype is on background signed on my device, lumia last charged half a day top... :( Because i am using it for work, i would love to have it on my device full time on background but then i hit a battery wall pretty quick.

Anyone have similar issue with skype on mobile ?
    When the app worked for me, the answer is yes.
    It drains in the background.
    For comparison, Google Voice on my android phone used the same or more.
    If you don't use Skype or uninstall it you'll get about 15-25% more battery life per day.
    It's not an option for people like me who need a Skype number or Google Voice to handle routing calls from clients etc.
    03-14-2014 01:25 PM
    Well, mostly I use Skype on desktop, but I like to have it synchronized, because I have to respond when I am out of office etc. but for me that means I will have my bat drained on few hours of work (even when I am not using phone, but Skype messages sync on background), I do not have same problem when heavily using whatsapp and texts) ... When I used same way Skype on Android phone last charged far more longer... Well never mind, I will have to always log out when I use desktop Skype.. Sadly through

Sent from my RM-821_eu_poland_325 using Tapatalk
    03-14-2014 01:53 PM
    I had a Skype account with premium features linked to a gmail account. And asecond Skype account linked to my ms account without premium features.

To link the 2 accounts: sign in to Skype.com with the ms account and then undr Account Details, click Account Settings. Then unlink the ms account. You will be prompted to close the account. Do that.

Wait 24-36 hours for this change to register on Skype.com.

If you have a windows 8 pc, sign in to metro Skype app using you MS account. You will be asked if you already have a Skype account ir of you are a new user. Click Already Have a Skype account. Enter that username and password. This will link your Skype premium account to your MS account and you retain the premium features, and you can sign in to Skype with an ms account.

I got this from the Skype live chat with their support representative. You could speak with them and see if this solution would work for you.
    I'll be damned, I had the latest desktop version of Skype and no matter what I did, uninstall and all, I could not link the accounts.
    So I did find an account for my MS account and unlinked it. I ran W8.1 in a virtual machine and was able to link the accounts.
    I have read on the Skype forums and on the Skype app people screaming about this problem. Waiting for Build 2014 or not for whatever is announced (if anything for Skype), this has to hurt Skype and Windows Phone 8 platform as a whole.

I'm deciding about usability of WP vs. Android (AGAIN) and even now that I have the Skype account linked, I will have to evaluate it's usefulness.
    Not being about to retrieve voicemail and voice messages from within the WP Skype app is a plain joke and pretty much shows Skype and MS missing the mark.
    Will know soon. Thanks for your help!
    03-15-2014 01:17 PM
    Metro skype and WP skype is ******* terrible and hope MS will just let it burn and make a new skype client for both metro and WP
    03-15-2014 01:21 PM
    I got an issue. I tried to use another account (on PC) to call my primary Skype account (on my WP). The call went through on the PC but I got nothing on my WP. I tried it twice, still nothing. Then when I opened Skype on WP, it showed that I had two missed calls. I then closed Skype and tried to call again and this time it worked.. Why didn't it work the first time?
    03-19-2014 03:33 AM
    Can you find Skype members off of your phone contacts?
    03-28-2014 04:40 PM
    I've overall been very happy with Skype on Windows Phone, my one bugbear its that it doesn't support receiving files of any type, surely at the very least receiving pictures could work!
    04-12-2014 09:25 AM
    Missed Skype calls don't show up in my notification centre.

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_211 using Tapatalk
    04-22-2014 03:04 PM
    I receive calls and messages only when i open the app ๐Ÿ˜ข
    05-07-2014 08:00 AM
    I got an issue. I tried to use another account (on PC) to call my primary Skype account (on my WP). The call went through on the PC but I got nothing on my WP. I tried it twice, still nothing. Then when I opened Skype on WP, it showed that I had two missed calls. I then closed Skype and tried to call again and this time it worked.. Why didn't it work the first time?

At least you got the call second time. I am not getting a single call when my app is closed i have to open the app everytime to check messages and miss calls.
    05-07-2014 08:02 AM
    Forgot my password so good bye Skype now using viber excellent ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ file sharing vout etc etc...skype ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
    05-07-2014 09:03 AM
    Skype need to update even attaching files does not even support ๐Ÿ˜ž
    05-07-2014 09:39 AM
    Can you find Skype members off of your phone contacts?
    05-11-2014 11:57 PM
    Is there any way to run Skype even the wp8.1 is locked.i m using Microsoft account to login to Skype.when the phone gets locked I m not able to receive both ims and calls.some one please throw some light on this.
    Last edited by cwahsayz; 06-18-2014 at 07:00 AM.
    06-18-2014 03:03 AM
    Skype does run when the screen is locked. Though not reliably...
    07-04-2014 03:00 AM
    Anybody have a problem re-opening Skype after first opening and closing. Doesn't respond to a tap. Skype has been terrible since the WP7 dark ages and has not improved at all. Waited a few years and it still can't share a damn file. I think im done with this bull.
    07-04-2014 12:11 PM
    Hello guys...i am having a problem with merging accounts...when I type the Microsoft account it asks me if I have a Skype account,when I type the username and pass (CORRECTLY) it says ops,there wad a problem signing in...and the accounts don't get merged....and btw..before showing the msg Ops... It gives a quick glance of my profile picture in Skype in less than 1 sec...what can I do ?
    Ty
    07-05-2014 02:58 PM
    All I want is faster load times and in line pictures..... Please MSFT!!!
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    07-12-2014 11:00 PM
    Looks like I am not going to merge accounts anytime soon...
    07-13-2014 01:43 PM
    So I was looking at videos of the Skype app for iOS. REALLY frustrating that they have released TWO updates (5.1 and 5.2) since their big 5.0 update. Here on WP... All we got was Cortana integration.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    07-27-2014 10:23 AM
    Don't know if it was present earlier in the screen shots of Skype in store it shows video message option.. I know picture attachment was the addition of latest update but don't knew video messaging...is it a new option?
    08-11-2014 03:40 AM
    What about how to clear or delete chat history. It's not yet possible , if you remove , the next time you open the contact the remove chats reappears,
    SO CHAT HISTORY CAN'T BE DELETED/CLEARED ON SKYPE!!! ON WP
    08-11-2014 04:16 AM
    I missed this thread and created a new one, is anyone experiencing this after them last Skype update? Thanks.

I'm on the latest dev preview with a Lumia 1020 and installed the latest Skype update posted today. App seemed sluggish (more than usual) so I rebooted and when I entered my PIN at the lock screen the phone was not responding. Rebooted again and got the same thing but decided to wait a while and eventually it got to the start screen. Uninstalled Skype, deleted temp and IE temp files, rebooted and problem was gone. Installed Skype again, rebooted and problem was back again. Had to uninstall and now cant use Skype.

Anyone else seeing this?
    08-11-2014 05:43 AM
    Don't know if it was present earlier in the screen shots of Skype in store it shows video message option.. I know picture attachment was the addition of latest update but don't knew video messaging...is it a new option?

Video messaging has been there for months. Crazy to think that they added videos before pictures...
    08-13-2014 09:59 PM
    The latest update has become a bit more buggy and unstable. I never crashed during calls, only chats, but now it crashes during calls. Only once, and then it was fine, but seriously.

Another thing is that when someone is typing, the typing indicator covers up a small portion of the last message. Not a deal breaker, but its not very pretty and ruins the 'look' of the app.

Finally, I don't know if this happens to others, but the timestamps occur very rarely. I had a two hour chat with my girlfriend last night and looking back, I found no stamps next to messages, only during /me actions and the message straight after said actions. This is really annoying me. So yeah, does the timestamp thing happen to anyone else?
    08-14-2014 11:42 AM
204 ... 56789