[Official] Skype on WP Thread

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Skype Update! 3/19/13

(10/01/13)
Skype updated today
v2.11.0.236
- Tap and hold on unwanted chats to remove them from your recent list.
- General fixes and improvements

Nicomario

May 24, 2013
Visit site

I can send video messages just fine. Everything else about the app works just fine. The only problem is, I can't receive video messages. I'm sure you can appreciate how frustrating that is. I would like some help or advice and also someone to help me troubleshoot. notice in the screenshot. please anyone help. this is incredibly irritating

Attachments

• wp_ss_20131022_0002.png
    wp_ss_20131022_0002.png
    198.1 KB · Views: 6

ectobs

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

Off Topic: I cannot or don't know how to copy & paste text from the skype app in my Lumia 521. I want to copy an address sent to me and paste it in Maps but it won't allow me to select/highlight the address. Did anyone got it to work on their phones? TIA.

mcivor88

Banned
Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

Off Topic: I cannot or don't know how to copy & paste text from the skype app in my Lumia 521. I want to copy an address sent to me and paste it in Maps but it won't allow me to select/highlight the address. Did anyone got it to work on their phones? TIA.

Silly billy

bardemoes

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

hi, from Spain, it?s a bad joke than, in other ios and Android versions of skype?s app, you can send images, and in WP8 version you can?t, i can?t understand some things like this in Windows Phone 8.

Any rumours about that?

P.D. sorry about my bad english

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

the Skype App for WP is so slow :/ why???? charge the history, open a chat for reply and these things! whyyy D:

anon(6183039)

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

Please Microsoft, make Skype app usable! Even with the latest update, the app is slow as hell besides being a battery drain aplication. My Lumia heats on the upper back few seconds after starting Skype without any hard activity (not in a v?deo call nor sending a text0. It seems that it requires a lot o processing just to display the app!!
So, again, please Microsoft, fix your OWN Messenger app!! Another annoying thing is that if we have the Skype app installed and enable notifications, everytime someone sends you a message, both Skype and people hub will show up the notification (when notifications are working...)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I second the motion that MS should fix their own blasted app. It's buggy and behind the competition. Very bad display yet again from Microsoft.

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

There was an update last week for Skype. Try that first because it seems to cure the long delay in receiving messages. On battery, I hasn't notice any impact on battery life with skype running in background.

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

How do I get Skype to use my phone saved contact number?

Or when I want to make a call to someone in my phone contact using Skype instead of my mobile carrier?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Open up Skype. Go to "people". Right below that you'll see "Skype". Touch that will give you a option for all. Then all you contacts will show in Skype.
How do I get Skype to use my phone saved contact number?

Or when I want to make a call to someone in my phone contact using Skype instead of my mobile carrier?

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I really hope MS puts more effort into Skype for WP as it seems they have for other platforms.

Question on video calls or I guess calls in general. Do you have to have Skype running in background to receive a call? Someone called me but I never received the call, that was two days ago. Then today, I opened Skype and I saw the Missed call.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No, you're not suppose to need Skype running, but its buggy and doesn't always work properly. I've missed calls also due to it not working properly.
I really hope MS puts more effort into Skype for WP as it seems they have for other platforms.

Question on video calls or I guess calls in general. Do you have to have Skype running in background to receive a call? Someone called me but I never received the call, that was two days ago. Then today, I opened Skype and I saw the Missed call.

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site

It seems like Microsoft take better care of IOS then there own Phone... Skype really needs an update.. Microsoft wonder why IOS sells more, maybe if they updated there Apps...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs