[Official] Skype on WP Thread

AskaLangly

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
HD video support, support for both front and rear cams, and video calls in both portrait and landscape.

Is that all? Was expecting a log out button...

Edit: There happens to be a log out option, renamed as Switch Accounts, which is viewable in the slide-out menu while viewing your profile. CONFIRMED log out by closing and re-opening the app.

Last edited by a moderator:

YCSMD

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Skype Update! 3/19/13

You got it before Belfiore hinted on Twitter ;)

He's also teasing a few things for morning
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Skype for WP8 updated. (3/19)

Joe Belfiore just posted on twitter some tease tweets about new upcoming apps.

He wrote that "@joebelfiore: ..and if you look in the right place now you *might* be able to find one we've improved to help keep-you-in-touch with people even better."

I looked Facebook on the Windows Phone Store but it wasn't updated. Tried Skype and it had a new version but there's no changelog.

Check his TL, he said some more apps are coming this week starting tomorrow (today) morning.

EDIT:
Update:

Skype for Windows Phone updated. Adds high definition video support and more | Windows Phone Central

Microsoft bought Skype back in May of 2011, so you’d think we’d have the premier mobile Skype experience on Windows Phone right? Well, it’s been somewhat of a rough start. The first app on Windows Phone couldn’t run in the background and more recent versions have been missing features found on iOS and Android. Well, Skype just got another update for Windows Phone, let’s see what it brings.
The last big update to Skype came back in early January. But if you direct your attention to the Windows Phone Store, you’ll see a new Skype sitting there at version 2.4.0.108. What do you get in the latest version? Three nifty features actually.

• Face-to-face video calls look better than ever with high definition video support.
  • Show your smile or just what’s around you – with front and rear camera support.
  • Video calls in portrait or landscape, whichever feels best.

Last edited by a moderator:

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Joe Belfiore just started teasing some apps again. Skype got updated.

Great, can't wait and hope 7.8 is included.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Joe Belfiore just started teasing some apps again. Skype got updated.

New version is still only 2.4. Its still called a preview and I don't see anything different.

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Installed successfully... Glad now we can logout... But many issues are still to be addressed. I hope the stability is improved now... And I have not clue how long Skype wants to keep this in preview mode... It's almost 5 months since WP8 has been launched and I'm still waiting for proper chat application on this platform. Sometimes I feel it is MS push notifications that are screwing up the message delivery

AskaLangly

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
It's about 3:15am in the East US... I don't have the time to test the client. Just wanted to grab the update and go see if I was able to log out... which I did.

ra05

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

well skype perfectly work in background of my lumia 820 you should make sure always on wifi after opend skype just use window button its working in background and its work perfectly and i receive calls even lock screen

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Yep, log out possible, still no background functionality..... Sad, Microsoft....

Why Sad? They've sorted the biggest thing people have been moaning about (Logout), and given a couple of extra features. Better to deliver this, then move on to the next features, than to keep people moaning, and waiting even longer.

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

Why Sad? They've sorted the biggest thing people have been moaning about (Logout), and given a couple of extra features. Better to deliver this, then move on to the next features, than to keep people moaning, and waiting even longer.
In principle, you're right. I think there's something wrong with my phone. Be that as it were, I'll admit i should probably be happy they've made some significant improvements, instead of getting hung up on the one issue that I continue to have issues with.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

In principle, you're right. I think there's something wrong with my phone. Be that as it were, I'll admit i should probably be happy they've made some significant improvements, instead of getting hung up on the one issue that I continue to have issues with.

Please make sure your phone is not in battery saver mode.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Skype for WP8 updated. (3/19)

Skype for WP8 gets updated with new features. Pure silence.

Skype gets a beta on another platform. E-RAGE!!!!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb