[Official] Skype on WP Thread

Bahaa mohammad

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Skype Update! 3/19/13

i was have the same problem with skype on my phone ,, the i asked the windows phone support on twitter about this problem ,,they told me to uninstall it and re-install it again .. i do this and it's work perfect now .. sorry for the bad english :\

scottygb2k

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site

I installed the update and still nothing worked, I was always shown as offline. I then uninstalled, rebooted phone and installed again. Everything now works perfectly. I am always shown as online and get instant notifications for messages and receive calls.

Id like to see the following happen next:

Minor update: Add seen/read option like Whatsapp has + Add picture and video sending
Major Update: Bake the whole Skype experience into the phone and have it work like iMessage/Facetime does on iPhone without the need for additional app.

Id guess the major update wont come until windows Phone 8.5 arrives.

And sure there is probably loads more features people want but for me that above would be awesome.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I prefer not to have that received note. If they implement it, I am sure it will pissed off a lot of people.

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

OK, strange phenomenon: I have one single contact connected by Skype and Messenger, that is my wife.

I have also connected my Skype and Microsoft Accounts.

Now, when my wife writes me a messenger message, I get it both with Skype and on Messenger on my phone.

Will this change when Messenger finally fully dies on 8th April?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Skype shuts down 5-10 seconds after starting it

So, since I updated Skype I havn't been able to use it at all. When I start it up, it will shut itself down within 10 seconds, usually faster if I actually try to do something with it. I have reinstalled twice and tried rebooting the device too, but no luck. It didn't do this prior to the update.

This is one a Lumia 920. Anyone else having similar problems? I tried to look if anyone reported the same on comments, but it seems I'm mostly alone with this.

msualum

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site

Will we ever be able to video call while NOT on WiFi? Had Tango on my WP7 - no alternative on WP8 yet...

scottygb2k

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site

OK, strange phenomenon: I have one single contact connected by Skype and Messenger, that is my wife.

I have also connected my Skype and Microsoft Accounts.

Now, when my wife writes me a messenger message, I get it both with Skype and on Messenger on my phone.

Will this change when Messenger finally fully dies on 8th April?

You can fix this by going onto your profile, click three dots in bottom right corner, click on notifications and turn of "messenger messages" then they wont appear in skype.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Skype shuts down 5-10 seconds after starting it

So, since I updated Skype I havn't been able to use it at all. When I start it up, it will shut itself down within 10 seconds, usually faster if I actually try to do something with it. I have reinstalled twice and tried rebooting the device too, but no luck. It didn't do this prior to the update.

This is one a Lumia 920. Anyone else having similar problems? I tried to look if anyone reported the same on comments, but it seems I'm mostly alone with this.

It also seems like none of the new features (switch accounts, people-hub integration) works either in addition to the app shutting down near instantly. Not gonna do a hard reset, even if it was the only potential fix left when reboot and reintalling several times has no effect..

soaringthor

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

From Joe Belfiore (source):
"Skype uses WP8 VOIP system for bkgd- without eating battery. You get calls via the native phone UI even if skype's not running"

Can someone confirm that if you close out of Skype using the back button and not the Windows button that you do not receive Skype calls?

benryder

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else had a hit on battery life with this version? I normally have about 50% spare at the end of the day. Last night I was down to below 20% by the time I got home.

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

You can fix this by going onto your profile, click three dots in bottom right corner, click on notifications and turn of "messenger messages" then they wont appear in skype.

Yeah, but then I get rid of notifications for all other skype contacts. I'll live with double notifications.

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

From Joe Belfiore (source):
"Skype uses WP8 VOIP system for bkgd- without eating battery. You get calls via the native phone UI even if skype's not running"

Can someone confirm that if you close out of Skype using the back button and not the Windows button that you do not receive Skype calls?

I think that's how I tested it last night and it worked, but not sure. Gonna try it again, and will post results...

UPDATE: YES it works even after having closed Skype by hitting the "Back" button. I was on the start screen, without any apps in the "multitasking" history running, and I am able to receive a call without any issues.

BUT... I have the green screen when I try to use video..... Wasn't there a thread about that somewhere?

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

It also seems like none of the new features (switch accounts, people-hub integration) works either in addition to the app shutting down near instantly. Not gonna do a hard reset, even if it was the only potential fix left when reboot and reintalling several times has no effect..
So when you hit switch accounts what exactly happens? Does it not log you out? Does it crash?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

So when you hit switch accounts what exactly happens? Does it not log you out? Does it crash?

After several reinstalls I got the people-hub integration and logojt to work, but this aint much when it still crashes on me all the time :D

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

After several reinstalls I got the people-hub integration and logojt to work, but this aint much when it still crashes on me all the time :D

Sounds like there's something seriously wrong with your phone. So far, I've been able to manage all my issues without a hard reset, but that may be unavoidable for you, just by the sounds of it.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Everything else has always worked just fine. I use Skype very little, so it's no way near worth a hard reset for me :p

kka

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

No more notifications... The only way to know there is a new message or a call is openning the app. It does not run on the background.. I don't think it is stable...

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

No more notifications... The only way to know there is a new message or a call is openning the app. It does not run on the background.. I don't think it is stable...
strange that this was my problem before this upgrade. Now it works fine for me.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Sweet! I updated this yesterday and ran it to look around, then closed it completely. Today I got a Skype call... really cool! It works with the app closed and allows you to sign out from within the app... now I'm happy :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss