[Official] Skype on WP Thread

psgenious

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I think , facebook shoild be linked with this skype acount , so that we can video call with our facebook friends using mobile. And our phone will be unique among friends ..... :p

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
When you go to skype settings to enable or disable notifications, what does the enable/disable messenger messages do?

JHunsaker

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem with Skype and was wondering if anyone else was getting the same problem? I will get a notification for a new Skype message, but if I don't click the notification and just open the Skype app to read the message, I never get the message. From the notification I can read the first part of the message, but when I open the Skype app the message that I saw never displays. The only thing I can think of as to why this would happen is if the Skype team just ported over the app from iOS and since iOS has a notification center, you can't really miss the notification like you can on WP. Therefore, you could just open the message from the notification center.

Adnan Javed

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
wow, i see a lot of negative comments regarding this ..

i had the fortune of installing and using Skype for the first time yesterday, the official one, and i had a lengthy group convo with 6 or so people for 2 and a half hours, half the people couldn't believe i was on a phone because the voice quality was extremely good and issue free (I'm on a lumia 520, and was using a 2MBPS wifi connection spread across my home, while walking around the rooms).

I was incredibly impressed with the performance of the Skype app. The only downside (for me) was that the Lumia 520 doesn't have a front cam, so I couldn't do adequate video chat.

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
^^ Wow, Adnan, count yourself very lucky. Before I found this Skype thread, I had posted this thread because Skype has always been awful on my 928. At best, using Skype on my phone is frustrating and unreliable; at worst, it's useless. Seems like this would be a total embarrassment for Microsoft to the point that maybe it would become a priority to get their own Skype service and app to work correctly on their own mobile platform, but obviously that's not the case yet. Unbelievable, yes, but not especially surprising since it seems on par with the kind of screwy stuff MS consistently does.

Dante X

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Skype does not work for me over cellular data at all. Contact list takes forever to load, and Messages also take a while to load/receive when having a chat. Calls and videocalls are impossible.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Now I can't login to SKYPE at all!
Forced to use my MS account.
There's some BS instructions on how to link the MS account and my Skype account but they don't work!!!
Now I'm forced to login with my MS account on Skype WP, but that's not where I purchased my Skype out number and premium subscription

This is the last straw for me. I WANT OUT OF MICROSOFT WINDOWS PHONE!!

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!1
SKYPE SUPPORT IS A JOKE.
NEVER GONNA REPLACE GOOGLE VOICE
I'M LEAVING OVER THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When upgrade comes with Verizon this fall, I CANNOT with conscious mind buy another Windows Phone.
MS does NOT support it's own platform apps. Been screaming about this for months and it's just ignored.

STOP THE INSANITY!!! I now have to go back to sh1tty Android, but at least Google Voice works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Now I can't login to SKYPE at all!
Forced to use my MS account.
There's some BS instructions on how to link the MS account and my Skype account but they don't work!!!
Now I'm forced to login with my MS account on Skype WP, but that's not where I purchased my Skype out number and premium subscription

This is the last straw for me. I WANT OUT OF MICROSOFT WINDOWS PHONE!!

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!1
SKYPE SUPPORT IS A JOKE.
NEVER GONNA REPLACE GOOGLE VOICE
I'M LEAVING OVER THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When upgrade comes with Verizon this fall, I CANNOT with conscious mind buy another Windows Phone.
MS does NOT support it's own platform apps. Been screaming about this for months and it's just ignored.

STOP THE INSANITY!!! I now have to go back to sh1tty Android, but at least Google Voice works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I had a Skype account with premium features linked to a gmail account. And asecond Skype account linked to my ms account without premium features.

To link the 2 accounts: sign in to Skype.com with the ms account and then undr Account Details, click Account Settings. Then unlink the ms account. You will be prompted to close the account. Do that.

Wait 24-36 hours for this change to register on Skype.com.

If you have a windows 8 pc, sign in to metro Skype app using you MS account. You will be asked if you already have a Skype account ir of you are a new user. Click Already Have a Skype account. Enter that usrname and password. This will link your Skype premium account to your MS account and you retain the premium features, and you can sign in to Skype with an ms account.

I got this from the Skype live chat with their support representative. You could speak with them and see if this solution wouuld work for you.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have spoken to Skype support.
I will definitely try them again. I don't have a Windows 8 PC.
Before I go off on another rant, I'll go ahead and waste another couple hours of my time messing with it.

Notice the "couple hours of my time" part. It's very frustrating and not easy at all messing with this service. Used to be very straightforward, now a hassle.

In the end, I still can't retreive any voicemail messages or attach anything to messages when I send something through Skype...... WHEN I get it working again.

Daniel Fibikar

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a question,

do you experience battery drain when skype is signed in on device ?

I have a Lumia 920, using skype pretty often for bussiness at work and of course i am using it on desktop PC, but when i log off skype on my mobile phone, it last charged more than a day, when skype is on background signed on my device, lumia last charged half a day top... :( Because i am using it for work, i would love to have it on my device full time on background but then i hit a battery wall pretty quick.

Anyone have similar issue with skype on mobile ?

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a question,

do you experience battery drain when skype is signed in on device ?

I have a Lumia 920, using skype pretty often for bussiness at work and of course i am using it on desktop PC, but when i log off skype on my mobile phone, it last charged more than a day, when skype is on background signed on my device, lumia last charged half a day top... :( Because i am using it for work, i would love to have it on my device full time on background but then i hit a battery wall pretty quick.

Anyone have similar issue with skype on mobile ?

When the app worked for me, the answer is yes.
It drains in the background.
For comparison, Google Voice on my android phone used the same or more.
If you don't use Skype or uninstall it you'll get about 15-25% more battery life per day.
It's not an option for people like me who need a Skype number or Google Voice to handle routing calls from clients etc.

Daniel Fibikar

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, mostly I use Skype on desktop, but I like to have it synchronized, because I have to respond when I am out of office etc. but for me that means I will have my bat drained on few hours of work (even when I am not using phone, but Skype messages sync on background), I do not have same problem when heavily using whatsapp and texts) ... When I used same way Skype on Android phone last charged far more longer... Well never mind, I will have to always log out when I use desktop Skype.. Sadly through

Sent from my RM-821_eu_poland_325 using Tapatalk

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I had a Skype account with premium features linked to a gmail account. And asecond Skype account linked to my ms account without premium features.

To link the 2 accounts: sign in to Skype.com with the ms account and then undr Account Details, click Account Settings. Then unlink the ms account. You will be prompted to close the account. Do that.

Wait 24-36 hours for this change to register on Skype.com.

If you have a windows 8 pc, sign in to metro Skype app using you MS account. You will be asked if you already have a Skype account ir of you are a new user. Click Already Have a Skype account. Enter that username and password. This will link your Skype premium account to your MS account and you retain the premium features, and you can sign in to Skype with an ms account.

I got this from the Skype live chat with their support representative. You could speak with them and see if this solution would work for you.

I'll be damned, I had the latest desktop version of Skype and no matter what I did, uninstall and all, I could not link the accounts.
So I did find an account for my MS account and unlinked it. I ran W8.1 in a virtual machine and was able to link the accounts.
I have read on the Skype forums and on the Skype app people screaming about this problem. Waiting for Build 2014 or not for whatever is announced (if anything for Skype), this has to hurt Skype and Windows Phone 8 platform as a whole.

I'm deciding about usability of WP vs. Android (AGAIN) and even now that I have the Skype account linked, I will have to evaluate it's usefulness.
Not being about to retrieve voicemail and voice messages from within the WP Skype app is a plain joke and pretty much shows Skype and MS missing the mark.
Will know soon. Thanks for your help!

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Metro skype and WP skype is ******* terrible and hope MS will just let it burn and make a new skype client for both metro and WP

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I got an issue. I tried to use another account (on PC) to call my primary Skype account (on my WP). The call went through on the PC but I got nothing on my WP. I tried it twice, still nothing. Then when I opened Skype on WP, it showed that I had two missed calls. I then closed Skype and tried to call again and this time it worked.. Why didn't it work the first time?

DavidFizzyPopApps

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I've overall been very happy with Skype on Windows Phone, my one bugbear its that it doesn't support receiving files of any type, surely at the very least receiving pictures could work!

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I got an issue. I tried to use another account (on PC) to call my primary Skype account (on my WP). The call went through on the PC but I got nothing on my WP. I tried it twice, still nothing. Then when I opened Skype on WP, it showed that I had two missed calls. I then closed Skype and tried to call again and this time it worked.. Why didn't it work the first time?

At least you got the call second time. I am not getting a single call when my app is closed i have to open the app everytime to check messages and miss calls.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)