[Official] Skype on WP Thread

cwahsayz

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way to run Skype even the wp8.1 is locked.i m using Microsoft account to login to Skype.when the phone gets locked I m not able to receive both ims and calls.some one please throw some light on this.

Last edited:

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Anybody have a problem re-opening Skype after first opening and closing. Doesn't respond to a tap. Skype has been terrible since the WP7 dark ages and has not improved at all. Waited a few years and it still can't share a damn file. I think im done with this bull.

AhmadSorour

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys...i am having a problem with merging accounts...when I type the Microsoft account it asks me if I have a Skype account,when I type the username and pass (CORRECTLY) it says ops,there wad a problem signing in...and the accounts don't get merged....and btw..before showing the msg Ops... It gives a quick glance of my profile picture in Skype in less than 1 sec...what can I do ?
Ty

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
So I was looking at videos of the Skype app for iOS. REALLY frustrating that they have released TWO updates (5.1 and 5.2) since their big 5.0 update. Here on WP... All we got was Cortana integration.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if it was present earlier in the screen shots of Skype in store it shows video message option.. I know picture attachment was the addition of latest update but don't knew video messaging...is it a new option?

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
What about how to clear or delete chat history. It's not yet possible , if you remove , the next time you open the contact the remove chats reappears,
SO CHAT HISTORY CAN'T BE DELETED/CLEARED ON SKYPE!!! ON WP

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I missed this thread and created a new one, is anyone experiencing this after them last Skype update? Thanks.

I'm on the latest dev preview with a Lumia 1020 and installed the latest Skype update posted today. App seemed sluggish (more than usual) so I rebooted and when I entered my PIN at the lock screen the phone was not responding. Rebooted again and got the same thing but decided to wait a while and eventually it got to the start screen. Uninstalled Skype, deleted temp and IE temp files, rebooted and problem was gone. Installed Skype again, rebooted and problem was back again. Had to uninstall and now cant use Skype.

Anyone else seeing this?

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if it was present earlier in the screen shots of Skype in store it shows video message option.. I know picture attachment was the addition of latest update but don't knew video messaging...is it a new option?

Video messaging has been there for months. Crazy to think that they added videos before pictures...

Inhopeless

May 18, 2014
Visit site
The latest update has become a bit more buggy and unstable. I never crashed during calls, only chats, but now it crashes during calls. Only once, and then it was fine, but seriously.

Another thing is that when someone is typing, the typing indicator covers up a small portion of the last message. Not a deal breaker, but its not very pretty and ruins the 'look' of the app.

Finally, I don't know if this happens to others, but the timestamps occur very rarely. I had a two hour chat with my girlfriend last night and looking back, I found no stamps next to messages, only during /me actions and the message straight after said actions. This is really annoying me. So yeah, does the timestamp thing happen to anyone else?

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
The latest update has become a bit more buggy and unstable. I never crashed during calls, only chats, but now it crashes during calls. Only once, and then it was fine, but seriously.

Another thing is that when someone is typing, the typing indicator covers up a small portion of the last message. Not a deal breaker, but its not very pretty and ruins the 'look' of the app.

Finally, I don't know if this happens to others, but the timestamps occur very rarely. I had a two hour chat with my girlfriend last night and looking back, I found no stamps next to messages, only during /me actions and the message straight after said actions. This is really annoying me. So yeah, does the timestamp thing happen to anyone else?

I know this is annoying response, but I am having the opposite experience. Everything has been much more stable than before. No more constant crashing when clicking a toast.

dinesh84d

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi using lumia 820 on windows phone ver 8.1 update 1 (preview) have Skype 2.21.0.161 installed.

Issue is, upgrading voice call to video call button is greyed out and cannot be used.

Also switch to video call option/setting is also greyed out in settings-application tab - phone.

Please help.

Jozef jurcisin

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I can't receive calls when app is open! I have same problem with Lumia 810 8.1 and Lumia 1020 8.1 Cyan.
I can make any calls without any problem.
Third Lumia 810 is working well is sharing with PC desktop Skype and tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo