Engadget App

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Just received update for the Engadget app and I must say, it looks stunning. Really clean interface to match website design, faster loading. Well done. I wonder if it was redone in html5

JohnnyWestlake

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
It's still all XAML, apart from the articles themselves which are plain ole' HTML & CSS, like they were previously (well, with slightly nicer CSS). Resuming looks like it works fine.

sManowar

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get those videos in the app to play? When you click on the "Play" button on the bottom of the article, it'll direct you to the YouTube page, but no video. It works just fine if you launch the article into IE, though.

I also want to add that I remember them working for the most part with my Focus under windows phone 7.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get those videos in the app to play? When you click on the "Play" button on the bottom of the article, it'll direct you to the YouTube page, but no video. It works just fine if you launch the article into IE, though.

I also want to add that I remember them working for the most part with my Focus under windows phone 7.

I have noticed this even before they updated the app. You have to tap the image/article header which reloads the page as a pseudo html5 web version and at the botton the play button is replaced by an embedded media player. Tapping that video will normally launch the actual YT vid. Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium