The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-27-2013 10:08 AM
72 123
tools
    Does the live tile work for anyone?
    It works, but it isn't in HD (maybe it looks fine on midrange devices but it looks like *** on my 920)
    03-21-2013 08:18 AM
    Pandora is alright and I have a few music/radio apps that I prefer. My wife loves Pandora and I know there are a few key applications that we use on our other OS devices that WP does not currently have, so for the marketplace to begin adding these popular apps is a great thing. What I think is more important is for the ecosystem to stay caught up with new and current apps. When a new big app is released on ios and android it needs to be released on W8 and WP8 concurrent.
    03-21-2013 08:35 AM
    It came out today with free pro streaming for a year i believe
    03-21-2013 09:13 AM
    The stupid Bluetooth issues that annoyed me in MetroRadio (and Slacker) still occur. When you disconnect from a Bluetooth stereo the music will resume on the speaker. I am happy we finally have an official Pandora app on WP, but I wish it was better than MetroRadio.
    03-21-2013 09:23 AM
    Its a good day. Finally Pandora Radio is on my 920. On my 900, I'll keep on with Graffiti Radio but on my 920, Pandora baby!
    03-21-2013 09:30 AM
    I guess I am the only one that uses Xbox Music which I could care less. Its good for the app portfolio but that's it.
    03-21-2013 09:44 AM
    I guess I am the only one that uses Xbox Music which I could care less. Its good for the app portfolio but that's it.
    I have been using Zune and now Xbox for years and am finding the smart DJ to be less useful than Pandora. Since it still doesn't do a great job of syncing through the cloud I'll use Pandora to keep likes and playlists consistent.
    03-21-2013 09:58 AM
    so its not for wp 7.x is it?
    03-21-2013 10:21 AM
    03-21-2013 10:23 AM
    I have been using Zune and now Xbox for years and am finding the smart DJ to be less useful than Pandora. Since it still doesn't do a great job of syncing through the cloud I'll use Pandora to keep likes and playlists consistent.
    How so? Smart DJ lets me start a "station" off with an artist or song, meaning if I choose bohemian rhapsody the mix actually starts with that song . You do that in pandora it just uses that artist/song as guidelines for what music to play in that station and starts whith any random song in those guidelines. Pandora also seems to have an issue of throwing in music from your other stations while listening to it. I dont want to hear techno when I am in a rap mood.
    Last edited by Wacft; 03-21-2013 at 10:49 AM. Reason: left out part of sentence lol
    03-21-2013 10:48 AM
    How so? Smart DJ lets me start a "station" off with an artist or song, meaning if I choose bohemian rhapsody the mix actually starts with that song . You do that in pandora it just uses that artist/song as guidelines for what music to play in that station and starts whith any random song in those guidelines. Pandora also seems to have an issue of throwing in music from your other stations while listening to it. I dont want to hear techno when I am in a rap mood.
    The problem you stated with Pandora is what I experience with Xbox Music's Smart DJ. Often times when I select an artist and select smart dj the song selection is nothing similar to the artist, and sometimes doesn't even include any of that artists songs. I don't know if the algorithms are the same between Xbox music and Zune but I seem to have better luck with Zune on my PC than Xbox Music on my 920.
    03-21-2013 10:58 AM
    The problem you stated with Pandora is what I experience with Xbox Music's Smart DJ. Often times when I select an artist and select smart dj the song selection is nothing similar to the artist, and sometimes doesn't even include any of that artists songs. I don't know if the algorithms are the same between Xbox music and Zune but I seem to have better luck with Zune on my PC than Xbox Music on my 920.
    So the way I avoid that and I agree its kinda lame is to download the track and then SmartDJ leads with that song. But it is usually stuff that I have already downloaded for offline play so it is rarely an extra step for me. Maybe it is an issue of ownership since downloading a track on Xbox Music makes you the owner as long as you have the subscription and it could be why it cant be done in Pandora, talking out my *** on this one though lol. Also I usually notice the bad mixes on newer artist i.e. Macklemore. Maybe they are confused about what a similar genre of a new artist is?
    03-21-2013 11:17 AM
    Loving it right now... and for the last few hours ;)

The music track selection is on target... Nokia Music while it good because it's free, is sometimes so far off the original genre selection that it isn't even funny.

Pandora works great and music quality sounds excellent.
    Jazmac and GSOgymrat like this.
    03-21-2013 12:41 PM
    Outstanding that it's finally on WP. Love the Nokia music as well but this is my main staple for music and I do say hallelujah!
    03-21-2013 01:03 PM
    Am I missing something about this official Pandora app craze? Metro radio still seems much better to me with the unlimited skips. I don't understand why everyone is so excited..
    03-21-2013 01:04 PM
    And parents take note: This Pandora app is specifically designed to work with Kid’s Corner in Windows Phone 8 to automatically filter explicit song content whenever the app is launched from there.
    Quite a neat feature.
    03-21-2013 01:04 PM
    This doesn't happen on my 920 with metroradio?
    03-21-2013 01:17 PM
    I liked metroradio but having an official Pandora app is much needed for the platform. Being new to the platform it took me a while to find metroradio vs my wife's instant download of Pandora. First impressions matter hopefully things will continue.
    03-21-2013 01:45 PM
    +1 to this. Nokia is good actually, but I just had most of my music set with Pandora. Quality is excellent
    03-21-2013 01:49 PM
    so far i'm diggin this app more than Pandora on my Nexus 4 or my iPod Touch 5. Love the UI. One thing maybe that I'm overlooking, the others have a dedicated "exit" command. Is there any way to completely kill the app where it is not playing music in the background other than hitting the pause button?
    03-21-2013 03:06 PM
    It's things like this that MS needs to do to pull people to WP, NOT NOKIA! I literally took my SIM out of my One X+ and put it into my 8X so that I can make use of my free unlimited Pandora One!!! Music is my soul and it definitely worked to get me to use my 8X again.
    rockstarzzz and despertador like this.
    03-21-2013 03:27 PM
    Does anyone know how to prevent this: I listened to Pandora all day at work on my L920. Work ended, drove home, listening to a CD in my car. Got out of the car, Pandora starts playing on my phone.
    03-21-2013 06:18 PM
    Loving the app so far just wish it had Pandora Link capabilities.
    03-21-2013 06:47 PM
    Tried it, went back to Graffiti Radio - no skip limits with Graffiti.
    03-21-2013 07:59 PM
    seems as if those promised apps are finally roliing out! starting to regain a bit more faith in the OS
    Jazmac and travisel like this.
    03-21-2013 08:00 PM
72 123