Facebook doesn't load/work

sfleuriet

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Starting a few hours ago, my Lumia 920 will not load "m.facebook.com" while IE is in Mobile mode - just getting a general 500 Internal Server Error. For the past few months, I've used it daily (it looks and works GREAT) and prefer it over the FB app. Also, it is much better than "m.facebook.com" while set to Desktop mode (very trimmed down basic version). Anyone else seeing this?

For clarification on the format I'm referring to, I grabbed this from Google Images. This is the layout and style I've been used to:
65.png

Last edited by a moderator:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: m.facebook.com Doesn't Load (mobile mode)

also search for the app called: Webapps.

Use the Facebook portion and you pin it to your homepage.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

sfleuriet

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

You want touch.facebook.com
That one also does not load for me.

Also, I have cleared my cookies & temp internet files, and it did not help. That did log me OUT of Facebook, and gave me the log in screen, but once I hit Submit, it goes back to that 500 Server Error.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Did you try my solution with Webapps? It is a free app and gives you a better facebook experience :)
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

Meanwhile, use the touch.facebook.com on their browsers, which is "equal" to Android and iOS App

SachaJacques Gay

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Facebook apps....

I am having problems with ALL FACEBOOK APPS except the Microsoft FB app.

Facebook Pro, Touch, Viewer, and + all keep coming back with a 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR. Even when I go to TOUCH.FACEBOOK.COM, I get same error. The only thing that changed about my account recently was the updates. it seems that after the updates, I can no longer use these apps.

The MS App works just fine, and i can get all my toasts. PLEASE HELP!

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Facebook apps....

Meanwhile, use the touch.facebook.com on their browsers, which is "equal" to Android and iOS App

SachaJacques Gay

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Facebook apps....

I tried to use it via my Nokia Lumia... No haps... Does not work. I tried it from my PC and it lets me log in, once I log in I get the error.

On the FaceBook Viewer app I can see the opening tile sets, or tile styled menu. Once I click on any of them, I get that message same error message. This started happening yesterday for me.

I been using my iPhone of late to finish a game I had on it and been switching the SIM card back and forth. I hadn't used my Lumia in 1 week. Yesterday I installed SIM and noticed some updates. I do the updates and then proceeded to use FB Viewer and it wouldnt work.

Just a little background info that can possibly help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa