08-07-2014 07:19 PM
70 123
tools
    There IS an alternative clock app made by ultrashot similar to HTC's, but it's only available to WP7 users via custom ROM's, as long as the developer has been provided with the .xap for their corresponding ROM. Plus, the tile blinks grey when it updates and there is no weather implementation in the application either. Still, it's a nice touch compared to TimeME, IMO.

screen-capture.jpg
    03-23-2013 07:20 PM
    I believe when I was trying to find an alternative I ran into that but since I am Windows Phone 8 that doesn't work out for me.

As far as Developer Unlock I have heard it is $49 a year for a subscription. I was thinking about doing that but may wait a bit to see what Nokia does, if they do decide to back TimeMe there is no need for me to spend the money yearly for one app.
    03-23-2013 07:52 PM
    I believe when I was trying to find an alternative I ran into that but since I am Windows Phone 8 that doesn't work out for me.

As far as Developer Unlock I have heard it is $49 a year for a subscription. I was thinking about doing that but may wait a bit to see what Nokia does, if they do decide to back TimeMe there is no need for me to spend the money yearly for one app.
    I already have a dev account but don't have a PC to frigging get my phone unlocked!
    03-23-2013 07:55 PM
    Well that does suck... Maybe you can borrow someone's to get it done.
    03-23-2013 07:59 PM
    I think a better idea would be to contact Gergely Orosz and ask him to put a battery indicator on WeatherFlow. Its an amazing weather app with awesome customizable live tile and lockscreen and it already shows weather and time as well as a dynamic background for both live tile and lockscreen that is tied to your weather conditions. Its one of the best designed apps on WP8.

Twitter: @GergelyOrosz, @TeamDistinction
    That's beside the point of this thread.

I also tried this app last week and the tile is exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, what's the point of a clock that doesn't update?
    irvin792 likes this.
    03-23-2013 10:21 PM
    That's beside the point of this thread.

I also tried this app last week and the tile is exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, what's the point of a clock that doesn't update?
    that's why we are trying to make a concentrated effort to let Nokia know this is something we want. Nokia cam give the app OEM access and the clock WILL update
    03-23-2013 10:45 PM
    Bingo! It has to update continually for the time part to fly... And the tile layout of TimeMe is also exactly what I was looking for as well which is just user preference. I am hoping Nokia who has expressed interest will allow it to update. I downloaded anyway as showing interest may boost the cause so to speak even if it doesn't deliver the time update correctly yet - it does fine with the weather/battery updates.
    03-23-2013 10:51 PM
    As far as Weather Flow I downloaded that but you cannot get the tile to look like TimeMe or HTC's which is the large clock as the leading focus of the tile. Again this is just user preference...
    03-23-2013 10:56 PM
    that's why we are trying to make a concentrated effort to let Nokia know this is something we want. Nokia cam give the app OEM access and the clock WILL update
    Yes, I tweeted Nokia about it too.
    03-23-2013 11:07 PM
    Keep letting them know! If anyone wants to email and/or tweet the head of developer relations , send me a pm. :) and I'll get you the info
    Last edited by irvin792; 03-25-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    03-25-2013 04:27 PM
    Keep letting them know! If anyone wants to email and/or tweet the head of developer relations , send me a pm. :) and I'll get you the info
    I tried to view this thread from the browser and log in to send you a PM but when I try to write in the box for a PM the phone keyboard won't pop up. As I said I cannot log into this forum from my computer due to a technical problem they are aware of. So if you have better access to this forum than I currently do please just PM me the info and I will write to them. Thanks! Btw I see you are in Lake Elsinore, I lived in Murrieta for years. I am in Los Angeles now but have very fond memories of that area ๐Ÿ˜
    03-25-2013 08:16 PM
    In a nutshell: Why waste a double wide tile space for just a clock?
    Readability. Aesthetics aside, let's remember that not everyone can read text that small. The status bar on top uses maybe 8 or 9 point font that is just under 1/8 inch or 1.5mm tall.
    irvin792 and The Sand like this.
    03-26-2013 07:57 AM
    Font was an issue for me on WP7 to the point I was unable to do certain things without a headache. WP8 thankfully took care of that. But you are right the status bar is very small. Also it is nice to see the clock, if you aren't wearing a watch, very easily when glancing at the phone. And of course as has already been stated the app live tile delivers several different updates.
    03-26-2013 12:51 PM
    Bump for awareness
    03-29-2013 11:03 AM
    I wrote Nokia tonight. I will let you know if I hear anything back from them! ๐Ÿ˜Š
    irvin792 likes this.
    03-29-2013 10:58 PM
    Does anyone know where can i find such app for a dev unlocked device(too busy to write the app on my own)?
    I really want to try this out. A live clock tile would be awesoem.
    03-30-2013 07:15 AM
    I think you can create a Developer account for free if you are a student.I don't remember how i did mine but i think it was like that. You can install only three apps.If you paid for the subscription you can install more than that.I installed the dev version of TimeMe on my Lumia and it works great.The clock updates at the same time with the phone's clock
    The Sand likes this.
    03-30-2013 08:14 AM
    I have a dev account and unlocked phone, we can install 10 apps at a time and unlock 3 devices with an account, but i am unable to find TimeMe on the store and neither the developer version. :(
    03-30-2013 11:49 AM
    I have a dev account and unlocked phone, we can install 10 apps at a time and unlock 3 devices with an account, but i am unable to find TimeMe on the store and neither the developer version. :(
    http://projects.arnoldvink.com/
    The Sand and Vaibhav Chauhan like this.
    03-30-2013 12:50 PM
    Thanks for sharing all the info about a Developer Account as well as the link to get TimeMe via Developer Account. I obviously want Nokia to back this and have written them. But I am only willing to wait so long. A Developer Account is most likely in my near future to rock TimeMe ๐Ÿ˜‰
    irvin792 likes this.
    03-30-2013 01:08 PM
    Thanks for sharing all the info about a Developer Account as well as the link to get TimeMe via Developer Account. I obviously want Nokia to back this and have written them. But I am only willing to wait so long. A Developer Account is most likely in my near future to rock TimeMe ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I hear ya
    03-30-2013 01:20 PM
    I can't get this app to run after the update Nokia pushed out 2 nights ago. I uninstalled and reinstalled twice but still no. Anybody else have trouble after Nokia update?
    04-03-2013 08:10 PM
    Mine still works
    The Sand likes this.
    04-03-2013 08:46 PM
    Thanks for sharing that. Mine just says T:ME on the tile now and won't update at all. I think it stopped updating after the Nokia update which changed my phones GPS location and all my weather apps said New York. I am not the first to notice that happens when the phone restarts, and the Nokia update did cause the phone to restart. Normally the phone rights itself but this time it didn't. After 2 days I finally launched Nokia maps and messed around via zooming in to get my location set correctly. Then most of my weather apps righted themselves with the exception of one which I had to uninstall/reinstall several times. Now everything is running except TimeMe which I have also uninstalled/reinstalled several times. I could do a soft reset but don't really want to since every (and I mean EVERY) time I do that the GPS location will be wrong again for at least 24 hours. And since this last restart didn't right itself well I am hesitant to do a restart again right now. I will wait a couple of days and then try a soft reset. I just wanted to check here to see if anybody else had the same trouble.
    04-03-2013 09:10 PM
    Actually my weather apps aren't updating right either. The location is now set correctly but they aren't updating like they should. Some live tiles are updating and some are not. I have background tasks set to only allow about 10 apps the ability to update. So my phone is having issues since the Nokia update that involves more than TimeMe now. I will look into it...
    04-03-2013 09:16 PM
70 123