TimeMe - LIve Tile Clock App

The Sand

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So if I am getting this right - it's pure aesthetic value right - something that I might add in future on my beautiful double wide tiles thread?
Are you kidding me? It tells you the time, battery life status, weather status and date in one app all in one place that is more than aesthetic. It will also tell you the forecast when you launch it. It is free so install if you don't like it uninstall. Next.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Are you kidding me? It tells you the time, battery life status, weather status and date in one app all in one place that is more than aesthetic. It will also tell you the forecast when you launch it. It is free so install if you don't like it uninstall. Next.

But all that will be useful when you have real time update via OEM privileges right? Time can be seen through out the OS by tapping on top of the screen. That if integrated properly by Nokia will easily replace HTC Hub though.

The Sand

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The time obviously needs to be updated differently than every half hour which is the standard tile update interval. Hopefully that will come with Nokia backing. Right now I need 2 different apps with tile updates to see the battery status and the weather. TimeMe, regardless of whether Nokia backs it or not, gives me both battery and weather updates in one app with one live tile which "I" find useful -
with the addition of time and date I get quite a bit of info and updates in "one" place. But like with all apps, it is up to the user to determine how they want to view and see content on their device - user preference.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I just read the description in store and turns out for Dev unlocked devices there is a xap that updates time every minute! So now, I need to find a 64 bit PC so that I can unlock my phone! :)

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
There IS an alternative clock app made by ultrashot similar to HTC's, but it's only available to WP7 users via custom ROM's, as long as the developer has been provided with the .xap for their corresponding ROM. Plus, the tile blinks grey when it updates and there is no weather implementation in the application either. Still, it's a nice touch compared to TimeME, IMO.

Screen Capture.jpg

The Sand

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I believe when I was trying to find an alternative I ran into that but since I am Windows Phone 8 that doesn't work out for me.

As far as Developer Unlock I have heard it is $49 a year for a subscription. I was thinking about doing that but may wait a bit to see what Nokia does, if they do decide to back TimeMe there is no need for me to spend the money yearly for one app.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I believe when I was trying to find an alternative I ran into that but since I am Windows Phone 8 that doesn't work out for me.

As far as Developer Unlock I have heard it is $49 a year for a subscription. I was thinking about doing that but may wait a bit to see what Nokia does, if they do decide to back TimeMe there is no need for me to spend the money yearly for one app.

I already have a dev account but don't have a PC to frigging get my phone unlocked!

KQ17

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I think a better idea would be to contact Gergely Orosz and ask him to put a battery indicator on WeatherFlow. Its an amazing weather app with awesome customizable live tile and lockscreen and it already shows weather and time as well as a dynamic background for both live tile and lockscreen that is tied to your weather conditions. Its one of the best designed apps on WP8.

Twitter: @GergelyOrosz, @TeamDistinction

That's beside the point of this thread.

I also tried this app last week and the tile is exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, what's the point of a clock that doesn't update?

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
That's beside the point of this thread.

I also tried this app last week and the tile is exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, what's the point of a clock that doesn't update?

that's why we are trying to make a concentrated effort to let Nokia know this is something we want. Nokia cam give the app OEM access and the clock WILL update

The Sand

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Bingo! It has to update continually for the time part to fly... And the tile layout of TimeMe is also exactly what I was looking for as well which is just user preference. I am hoping Nokia who has expressed interest will allow it to update. I downloaded anyway as showing interest may boost the cause so to speak even if it doesn't deliver the time update correctly yet - it does fine with the weather/battery updates.

The Sand

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
As far as Weather Flow I downloaded that but you cannot get the tile to look like TimeMe or HTC's which is the large clock as the leading focus of the tile. Again this is just user preference...

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Keep letting them know! If anyone wants to email and/or tweet the head of developer relations , send me a pm. :) and I'll get you the info

Last edited:

The Sand

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Keep letting them know! If anyone wants to email and/or tweet the head of developer relations , send me a pm. :) and I'll get you the info
I tried to view this thread from the browser and log in to send you a PM but when I try to write in the box for a PM the phone keyboard won't pop up. As I said I cannot log into this forum from my computer due to a technical problem they are aware of. So if you have better access to this forum than I currently do please just PM me the info and I will write to them. Thanks! Btw I see you are in Lake Elsinore, I lived in Murrieta for years. I am in Los Angeles now but have very fond memories of that area 😏

The Sand

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Font was an issue for me on WP7 to the point I was unable to do certain things without a headache. WP8 thankfully took care of that. But you are right the status bar is very small. Also it is nice to see the clock, if you aren't wearing a watch, very easily when glancing at the phone. And of course as has already been stated the app live tile delivers several different updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss