TimeMe - LIve Tile Clock App

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
There is an app called TimeMe. It is an awesome application that has a clock live tile and also displays the date, weather and battery status. It is an amazing alternative for non HTC phone owners for a similar app to their exclusive HTC app. The problem is that this app is limited to 30 min updates to the live tile, making the time inaccurate most of the time. Some users have been tweeting various Nokia twitter accounts about this app and I have emailed Nokia about it and Stephen Elop has forwarded my email along with information about this application to Marco Argenti, Nokia Head of Developer Relations. So it is entirely possible to get this app to work correctly with Nokia's help!!!!!!!

In my email I proposed that Nokia make this application a Lumia exclusive so we too can have a live tile clock app, as it needs OEM access to be up to the minute on the live tile. So everyone who wants this application to work like it should, make your voice hears and email and tweet Nokia about it, and reference the interest of the good users of WPCentral.

The developer of this apps website is projects.arnoldvink.com and the app is TimeMe.

Thank you everyone :)

wmgreenjr

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your effort. Just to clarify, does this mean the app's time will only show 30 minute increments of time or does it mean the tile will show the current time but it will only sync with the phone's clock every 30 minutes? If it's the latter then I would think it would never be off by more than a second. If it's the former then I understand.

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
It's Great how Nokia stands for WP8 in General, i love there Lumia line since i switched to the 800... Then 820 to 920 and 620 as Second WP8 Phone for Tests!

Hope they can Help to get this App Running as it should it looks Really Promissing!

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your effort. Just to clarify, does this mean the app's time will only show 30 minute increments of time or does it mean the tile will show the current time but it will only sync with the phone's clock every 30 minutes? If it's the latter then I would think it would never be off by more than a second. If it's the former then I understand.

The Complete Tile so also the Time will only be Updated every 30 Minuten due Restrictions from MS... :-(

So now i tweeted @Nokia also about Picking this one up and making it full Functional!

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

syncs every 30 minutes, but I don't think it does with the actual clock on the phone, it uses data, when my data is off it won't sync at all, I assume that syncing with the phones clock is OEM level access

wmgreenjr

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Ok...now I understand. Guess you can't have two 30 minute tile animations as a work around lol. I'm sure they limit animation times too. Hopefully they will listen and incorporate it...makes sense that they would.

Edit: maybe I don't understand now lol. If it is a sync problem then time would not be too far off. I'm going to download and try it so I can see what I am misinterpreting :)

Edit#2: So I downloaded it and all is clear. The time is shown in 30 minute increments (so it will go from something like 3:13 to 3:43 to 4:13 etc...). Well if HTC can do this surely Nokia or MS can. Hope its gets pushed through. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i tried this App last week, it was just what i was looking for....until i discovered the 30 min update thing, which is no fault of the developer. Certainly hoping something can be done in the future about it though. He does offer a version one can sideload, but only if you have a developer account or something, not too sure.

Just out of curiosity, what is with this 30 minute live tile limit, seems rather...restrictive.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to OP for creating this thread. Folks, search for "wp8 TimeMe" in twitter and retweet all of the OP's tweets so Nokia hears us.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i tried this App last week, it was just what i was looking for....until i discovered the 30 min update thing, which is no fault of the developer. Certainly hoping something can be done in the future about it though. He does offer a version one can sideload, but only if you have a developer account or something, not too sure.

Just out of curiosity, what is with this 30 minute live tile limit, seems rather...restrictive.

the 30 minute limit was put in place to protect battery life , so apps were not just constantly updating , like how the 7.8 update was bugged, it killed peoples batterys. The tiles got stuck updating constantly.

I see the need for the 30 min minimum time limit, but that's why we need Nokia to take this app one step further and give it OEM access to sync with the phones clock.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
totally right, and it doesn't affect battery life at all, at least not noticeable. Since it only has to increment one number and update the live tile that shouldn't be the problem ;) But since there are apps whhich do way more, like fetch weather, images etc, the limit is understandable.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I think a better idea would be to contact Gergely Orosz and ask him to put a battery indicator on WeatherFlow. Its an amazing weather app with awesome customizable live tile and lockscreen and it already shows weather and time as well as a dynamic background for both live tile and lockscreen that is tied to your weather conditions. Its one of the best designed apps on WP8.

Twitter: @GergelyOrosz, @TeamDistinction

The Sand

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for starting a new thread about this. We talked about this on the other thread regarding home screens. I can't do much on this forum because I am unable to log in from my computer which is a known issue to WP Central for the last 4 months but they have yet to fix it. I can only post from the WP Central app on the phone. Anyway great job getting Nokia's attention! This type of app is a necessity for our Nokia's so hopefully they will get behind it. As I mentioned on the other thread I also wrote Nokia about TimeMe using Nokia Feedback in the settings section of my phone. Maybe others can do the same...

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have tweeted to Nokia as well. However, I have thoughts. Essentially we are asking for an app that puts a double wide tile on home screen to show us time right? I know there are folks out there who want a notification center because they want detailed notifications for a lot of apps and don't want to pin double wide tiles. How are these folks ready to give a whole slot to something as redundant as time!? We have time on our upper right which is a tap away anywhere you are in the OS or do we not have any of those notification center folks in this thread yet?

In a nutshell: Why waste a double wide tile space for just a clock?

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have tweeted to Nokia as well. However, I have thoughts. Essentially we are asking for an app that puts a double wide tile on home screen to show us time right? I know there are folks out there who want a notification center because they want detailed notifications for a lot of apps and don't want to pin double wide tiles. How are these folks ready to give a whole slot to something as redundant as time!? We have time on our upper right which is a tap away anywhere you are in the OS or do we not have any of those notification center folks in this thread yet?

In a nutshell: Why waste a double wide tile space for just a clock?

In my case, only for design. it looks really awesome, and I have some space left.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yea it looks great, displays weather and battery level. ... This app supports all tile sizes. And you can't please everyone, but you can try by giving people options , not by offering no options

The Sand

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
This app is the equivalent of the HTC one that you can see people use a lot if you check that thread about showing your Windows Phone home screen. I for one seached high and low trying to find it only to realize that HTC provided it and as a Nokia user I was out of luck. TimeMe, for those of us insanely jealous of those HTC users with the ability to rock that awesome looking large clock/weather/battery/date is a perfect solution!

Obviously it wont be for everyone, but I for one am thrilled!

You can install from the Windows Store just look up TimeMe.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So if I am getting this right - it's pure aesthetic value right - something that I might add in future on my beautiful double wide tiles thread?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo