The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
04-18-2016 10:44 AM
81 1234
tools
    Just ordered my adapter, looking forward to getting one of these apps next week!

Are there any plans for either Dash or AutoGuageX to release an app for Surface RT? That would make my decision a lot easier :)
    Well, we had plans but apparently the API for store apps does not support Bluetooth communication. So at the moment its impossible.
    My contact at Microsoft said it will hopefully be implemented in a future update of win RT.

/ Jonas
    Last edited by Jonas B Karlsson; 04-19-2013 at 04:50 PM.
    04-19-2013 12:50 PM
    Well, we had plans but apparently the API for store apps does not support Bluetooth. So at the moment its impossible.
    My contact at Microsoft said it will hopefully be implemented in a future update of win RT.

/ Jonas
    Thanks for the prompt reply, I appreciate it
    04-19-2013 12:57 PM
    Your Windows 8 app could be a companion app to the Windows Phone app, in that you can analyze the data that the phone has collected.

Look at injector duty cycles vs. throttle position, intake temps vs. boost, there's all kinds of stuff you could show :)

And with the lap timer functionality, you could use Bing maps to overlay your session on the map with braking/acceleration sections, RPM on the overlay too, see if you need to adjust your shifting patterns.

I could spend hours in an app like that, hahaha.
    04-22-2013 10:05 AM
    Any updates on the Dash update? Thanks!

I've got a track day in the next few weeks, would like to try it out :)
    04-25-2013 12:48 PM
    Yepp,
    its in certification process.
    Depending on workload at Microsoft it should be available in a week.

/ Jonas
    04-28-2013 01:42 PM
    Update is live in the US store :) Downloading now! Thanks
    04-30-2013 12:50 PM
    Microsoft was really fast this time, certified and approved within 12h. 1.1 is now available.

/ J
    04-30-2013 12:55 PM
    Looking forward to trying Dash 1.1. I've used Dash, Engine Link, and DEX, and Dash is the best.

My only complaint with Dash is that it loses connection with the ELM27 after about 30-60 seconds.

Engine Link doesn't work at all, and DEX will see the device but never make a connection.

I'd like to see a Fuel Efficiency panel to let me know my MPG instant.

Thanks
    04-30-2013 09:12 PM
    Looking forward to trying Dash 1.1. I've used Dash, Engine Link, and DEX, and Dash is the best.

My only complaint with Dash is that it loses connection with the ELM27 after about 30-60 seconds.

Engine Link doesn't work at all, and DEX will see the device but never make a connection.

I'd like to see a Fuel Efficiency panel to let me know my MPG instant.

Thanks
    Have you tried the adapter with any other obd2 software on your car, so you know that it works correct? Ebay adapters from china is not that known for quality and stability in the communication.

With the 1.1 update you can choose protocol manually if you are having problems with the communication. But then you have to find out what protocol your car is using.

Regarding fuel effiency it has been implemented since release. In the fuel view you can find instant MPG.

Regards,
    Jonas
    05-01-2013 01:22 AM
    Yes, we have implemented a lot of more features.
    We will submit the app within a day or two. Gonna do some final testing tonight of all the new features.

Some of the features in the next version are:

- Timer 0-60 mph / 0-100 kmh
    - Lap timer and average speed
    - Volt view
    - Oxygen view
    - Adaptive timing (formula for faster refresh rates and reading from the adapter)
    - Protocol support (its now possible to choose what kind of OBD2 protocol that should be used). The app automatically identifies what kind of protocol that should be used but some models/cars support more than 1. If there is a communication problem from the adapter to the ECU in the car its possible to manually change the protocol in the app to solve the issues.
    - HUD (Head up display) Information can be projected on to the windshield when the phone lie down in the front of the windshield.
    - Live tile with timer info
    - And some bug fixes.

/ jonas
    thanks!

more suggestions:

alarm/notification feature, basically could put catalysator temp (in my case, BMW 116d, bank1 sensor 1 as there's only one catalysator) to notify that car tries to burn particle filter and when it stops. not so interested what the temp is except in these times (about 10 minutes at a time)... and perhaps change gear-sounds (not irritating, perhaps user could put/change this) could be nice for economic/lap. modern cars are so silent that driver might not hear when it would be good to change gear. humm like happy munks, as Clarkson put it... perhaps also notification when engine is warm (Duke Nukem sounds would do nicely in this :-) ) and if engine load goes too high (in 116d acceleration load remains constant, but turbo kicks in, so for economic acceleration load needs to be risen over 80% to avaken turbo, and then wait a second and then off you go) this might be done visually somehow.

voltage: system voltage =obd voltage (is basically about 1 volt less than battery voltage (measured) as obd-bluetooth adapter is consuming electricity thus voltage drop) probably is the same in all cars. then there could be only one. most of the new ...well more expensive cars have intelligent charger that rise the voltage when car is slowing down with gear on. and operate with less voltage when battery is full and are varying this with time. so this kind of time graph as in fuel consumption might be best graphical way to show it. perhaps no-one is interested about voltages less than ...10V (about 11 in reality)? perhaps voltage as a number somewhere?

turbo "boost": as most of the modern cars have turbo, diesels pretty much all.

hmmm.... what else. yes, the font size: looks good if phone is in hand, but on windscreen... at least doubble size, please! Perhaps this white number where it is, and engine load for example somehow shown where are the limits (0 and 100%) as one can only see the white bar.

economic driving screen? what migth be in it... load%, turbo, fuel consumption, speed (very accurate to see are if you are accelerating in wrong place, perhaps some visual arrow etc (very bad efficiency if accelerating very slowly)), some voltage (to know if battery is full/warm), trip distance with average consumption, engine temp (just a number), EGR error...
    05-18-2013 08:15 AM
    Any updates? Thanks.
    06-18-2013 10:38 AM
    Yepp,
    We will soon release a new version with a lot more functionality.

/ j
    surffari and fierovin like this.
    06-19-2013 12:48 PM
    Jonas,

Do you know if it works w/Windows Mobile 6.1? I have an older Palm Treo Pro sitting around that has Bluetooth that might be a good portable diagnostic device.

Thanks..
    06-20-2013 12:15 PM
    Looking forward to the next release. Is there an eta? What new features are coming? Thanks!
    06-30-2013 11:13 PM
    also today I tried to scan my girlfriends 00 Mercury Mystique to retrieve the code that was setting off the check engine light and it would not display it. I was able to clear it out though. Any suggestions?
    07-02-2013 07:03 PM
    Hi Jonas, any updates? Thanks!!
    07-18-2013 03:08 PM
    I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned Diagnose Your Car - LINK HERE

I've been using it for a month or so.
    I have it connected to an ELM327 adapter from Ebay.
    It works every single time with no hiccups.
    It scans and clear codes like a champ.

It would be nice to have user selectable gauges as per Torque Pro.
    The PID selection is small as compared to Torque and it doesn't have the PID scanner or what not, but that will come in time.

I'd like to see pinnable PID live tiles!!!!
    07-19-2013 08:04 PM
    This looks very interesting... Any updates on this? Also, I'm wondering if the ELM327 Mini adapters you see on Amazon work with this?
    08-06-2013 09:54 AM
    I'm having an issue with the app, it keeps connecting and disconnecting. Anyone else seeing that issue?
    08-08-2013 07:02 PM
    Will this work with a Škoda Felicia ? Because other apps don't.
    08-17-2013 07:54 AM
    Has anyone tried this OBD AutoDoctor app (OBDAutoDoctor | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States))? I think it looks promising...
    08-22-2013 12:16 PM
    Diagnose Your Car was the first app I bought....no good for me :( to read mine bmw e46 m54b30 error codes or any gauges reading..
    I recommended CarDash if you want to put your money. I can clear error codes and read a lot of stats.
    08-23-2013 01:39 PM
    This looks very interesting... Any updates on this? Also, I'm wondering if the ELM327 Mini adapters you see on Amazon work with this?
    Did you ever try? I just picked one up for $11...hopefully I don't regret it and have to go with the $24 one later, haha
    EDIT: 11-6-2013 - Received the mini adapter and it worked just fine. Alittle finicky on the speed but that was it.

Lots of good info in this thread, going to try this app and AutoGaugeX (saw that thread too). I love when Developers venture over here.
    Last edited by Curtieson; 11-06-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    09-12-2013 02:47 PM
    I read this thread with much interest as I have a windows phone and ELM327. I tried to get the (Dash) app from the marketplace but it wion't let me have it!

I'm in the UK with a Lumia 800 running Windows Phone 7.8

Many thanks in advance,

Matt
    11-06-2013 02:43 PM
    I read this thread with much interest as I have a windows phone and ELM327. I tried to get the (Dash) app from the marketplace but it wion't let me have it!

I'm in the UK with a Lumia 800 running Windows Phone 7.8
    Both Dash and AutoGaugeX are listed as Windows Phone 8 only. Might have to do with some sort of Bluetooth API that was update with the new OS?
    11-06-2013 03:24 PM
81 1234