Finally a great Facebook app

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
After trying out almost every Facebook app in the Windows Phone store I have finally found one that comes close to iOS and Android. Its name: The Facebook

ee9e12fa-090d-4488-ab0a-00b6ed019b50

The biggest problem I have with Microsofts Facebook app and the Windows Phone Me hub is that the news feed isn't filtered, so you see all the stupid games people are playing and people who are blocked from your feed still show up. Also searching a person is very cumbersome.
The problem I have with all those Facebook mobile site wrapper apps is that photos you click only show as a page and you can't advance to the next photo in that album and most of them have ads and show the like, comment and share buttons underneath each other instead of next to eachother.

The Facebook solves all these issues! It even has an amazing photo enhancer plugin which shows photos fullscreen like on iOS or Android and let's you swipe through entire albums like you're supposed to.

f8d97429-3eb3-47eb-9082-5a7cbdb2b8a4

I'm happy with Facebook on Windows Phone again :grin:

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It's more than just a clone. Here are some of the special functionalities:

✔ Full screen mode (show/hide bar buttons)
✔ Live tile shows Facebook notifications
✔ Lockscreen Facebook notifications (WP8 only)
✔ Menu button and home button
✔ Post status updates with photos
✔ Browse photos in full screen with pinch to zoom
✔ Swipe left/right to navigate through photos
✔ Enhanced posting screen
✔ Integrated back navigation
✔ Support for watching videos
✔ Launches external links on IE
✔ Horizontally aligned Like/Comment/Share buttons, ideal for larger space on screen (WP8 only)
✔ Customizable tiles for pin to start

Jonas Jonsson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It looks very nice, there's a lot of mixed reviews in the marketplace though. A lot of talk about ads popping up frequently, is this a real problem?

I'm going to give this a try anyway.

Chand Darling

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Not working, When i try to post some thing on FB it shows error.

Seems new updated version have lot of complaints, I have been using " Facebook pro " it is good.

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It looks very nice, there's a lot of mixed reviews in the marketplace though. A lot of talk about ads popping up frequently, is this a real problem?

I'm going to give this a try anyway.

I haven't seen any ads yet in the app, but I will keep an eye out.

Not working, When i try to post some thing on FB it shows error.

Seems new updated version have lot of complaints, I have been using " Facebook pro " it is good.

That's weird. I have had no crash and posting a status update or a comment or a like hasn't caused me any trouble yet. But I've only been using it for 2 days now.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
It's more than just a clone. Here are some of the special functionalities:

✔ Full screen mode (show/hide bar buttons)
✔ Live tile shows Facebook notifications
✔ Lockscreen Facebook notifications (WP8 only)
✔ Menu button and home button
✔ Post status updates with photos
✔ Browse photos in full screen with pinch to zoom
✔ Swipe left/right to navigate through photos
✔ Enhanced posting screen
✔ Integrated back navigation
✔ Support for watching videos
✔ Launches external links on IE
✔ Horizontally aligned Like/Comment/Share buttons, ideal for larger space on screen (WP8 only)
✔ Customizable tiles for pin to start

I meant the UI.

phatboy66

May 25, 2012
Visit site
It's not a bad app but it doesnt have a ''Metro'' feel like the official Facebook app. My problem with the official one is that I don't see enough content and it takes forever to receive notifications.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
It's not a bad app but it doesnt have a ''Metro'' feel like the official Facebook app. My problem with the official one is that I don't see enough content and it takes forever to receive notifications.

this... And also my biggest peeve is that you can't attach pictures or voice recordings or ANYTHING in the messaging -_- wtf. Kills the experience.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I love this app! Works great and is even better with pictures than the touch.facebook.com! Thanks to the OP!
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

unreal_rik

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
You guys are missing the best thing about this app. It doesn't scroll you back to the top after you navigate back to the home page. That's the only reason why I use this app. Makes my Lumia 820 really warm though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb