App refund?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's not really any different than desktop PC software. One cannot buy a version of Windows, install it, and get a refund if he/she does not like it.

blnwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
That's why Microsoft recommends "try" option. It's a great feature IMO. Most developers support the trial option and the best thing among all app stores.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
That's why Microsoft recommends "try" option. It's a great feature IMO. Most developers support the trial option and the best thing among all app stores.

+1

It makes a "refund" pretty unnecessary unless you're a douchebag and want to get out of paying for someone's hard work.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I ask because I bought Metrotube when I got my phone because at that time I had a Google account. Just recently, however, i transferred everything over to my Microsoft account because I never used my Gmail account for anything. When I deleted it, I realizes that I didn't have my YouTube account anymore. Therefore, I feel as if having Metrotube is pointless. I'm gonna keep it since I can't get my money back, but I won't use it as much.

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what work you do in real life but if you expect people to go to school learn to code and give you free stuff so you could be happy I can imagine you won't work a desk job

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what work you do in real life but if you expect people to go to school learn to code and give you free stuff so you could be happy I can imagine you won't work a desk job

I don't expect that at all. I was just wondering. It's all good man. Thanks for the responses.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I ask because I bought Metrotube when I got my phone because at that time I had a Google account. Just recently, however, i transferred everything over to my Microsoft account because I never used my Gmail account for anything. When I deleted it, I realizes that I didn't have my YouTube account anymore. Therefore, I feel as if having Metrotube is pointless. I'm gonna keep it since I can't get my money back, but I won't use it as much.

Why would you close your Google account?

I use all MS stuff but still keep a google account for things like YouTube. I'll always want to save YouTube videos etc which you can only do with Google account since Google owns YouTube.

blnwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Moreover, in your case, Metrotube is not useless with out an Youtube account. It can work without a Google account unless you mean that you're not using Youtube on principle.

nucmanchh

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
When I first got my 920 I downloaded an app- it didn't work but got a refund. I used chat but unfortunately I don't remember where :(
So u can get a refund

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
When I first got my 920 I downloaded an app- it didn't work but got a refund. I used chat but unfortunately I don't remember where :(
So u can get a refund
The app not working is a different issue. The OP in this thread doesn't have an app that doesn't work.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Why would you close your Google account?

I use all MS stuff but still keep a google account for things like YouTube. I'll always want to save YouTube videos etc which you can only do with Google account since Google owns YouTube.

Because I never used it. Simply, an extra email address isn't necessary in my case.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

Unless you have a need to comment or save videos, you don't really need a Google account to use Metrotube

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Unless you have a need to comment or save videos, you don't really need a Google account to use Metrotube

I think what he was getting at is the main purpose of Metrotube is that you can login and do all those things through its UI and not the lame ass one that is the default YouTube app.
By no longer using that functionality he sees no desire or need to use the App. But the app is like $1.99 or something, what's the big deal right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss