If I buy an app and choose to uninstall it later, do I get my money back? This applies to both WP8 & W8.
    03-24-2013 07:38 PM
    Sorry, no.
    03-24-2013 07:41 PM
    Hope this comes soon so I can get my money back on some apps.
    03-24-2013 10:15 PM
    LOL?

So you can buy all the games .. finish it.. and uninstall it to get your money back?

DAT LOGIC
    03-24-2013 10:17 PM
    It's not really any different than desktop PC software. One cannot buy a version of Windows, install it, and get a refund if he/she does not like it.
    palandri likes this.
    03-24-2013 10:22 PM
    Ya, Adobe refunds my CS Master Suite all day long!

Seriously... :/
    03-24-2013 10:24 PM
    That's why Microsoft recommends "try" option. It's a great feature IMO. Most developers support the trial option and the best thing among all app stores.
    03-25-2013 01:57 PM
    That's why Microsoft recommends "try" option. It's a great feature IMO. Most developers support the trial option and the best thing among all app stores.
    +1

It makes a "refund" pretty unnecessary unless you're a ********* and want to get out of paying for someone's hard work.
    03-25-2013 11:22 PM
    I ask because I bought Metrotube when I got my phone because at that time I had a Google account. Just recently, however, i transferred everything over to my Microsoft account because I never used my Gmail account for anything. When I deleted it, I realizes that I didn't have my YouTube account anymore. Therefore, I feel as if having Metrotube is pointless. I'm gonna keep it since I can't get my money back, but I won't use it as much.
    03-26-2013 01:41 PM
    I don't know what work you do in real life but if you expect people to go to school learn to code and give you free stuff so you could be happy I can imagine you won't work a desk job
    03-26-2013 01:54 PM
    There are some cases where refunds are possible.

Your scenario is not one of them.
    03-26-2013 02:02 PM
    I don't know what work you do in real life but if you expect people to go to school learn to code and give you free stuff so you could be happy I can imagine you won't work a desk job
    I don't expect that at all. I was just wondering. It's all good man. Thanks for the responses.
    03-26-2013 03:00 PM
    That is your issue that you closed your google account.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    03-26-2013 04:12 PM
    I ask because I bought Metrotube when I got my phone because at that time I had a Google account. Just recently, however, i transferred everything over to my Microsoft account because I never used my Gmail account for anything. When I deleted it, I realizes that I didn't have my YouTube account anymore. Therefore, I feel as if having Metrotube is pointless. I'm gonna keep it since I can't get my money back, but I won't use it as much.
    Why would you close your Google account?

I use all MS stuff but still keep a google account for things like YouTube. I'll always want to save YouTube videos etc which you can only do with Google account since Google owns YouTube.
    03-26-2013 05:12 PM
    Moreover, in your case, Metrotube is not useless with out an Youtube account. It can work without a Google account unless you mean that you're not using Youtube on principle.
    03-26-2013 05:33 PM
    When I first got my 920 I downloaded an app- it didn't work but got a refund. I used chat but unfortunately I don't remember where :(
    So u can get a refund
    03-26-2013 07:52 PM
    When I first got my 920 I downloaded an app- it didn't work but got a refund. I used chat but unfortunately I don't remember where :(
    So u can get a refund
    The app not working is a different issue. The OP in this thread doesn't have an app that doesn't work.
    03-26-2013 08:02 PM
    Why would you close your Google account?

I use all MS stuff but still keep a google account for things like YouTube. I'll always want to save YouTube videos etc which you can only do with Google account since Google owns YouTube.
    Because I never used it. Simply, an extra email address isn't necessary in my case.
    03-26-2013 08:17 PM
    Unless you have a need to comment or save videos, you don't really need a Google account to use Metrotube
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-26-2013 08:21 PM
    Unless you have a need to comment or save videos, you don't really need a Google account to use Metrotube
    I think what he was getting at is the main purpose of Metrotube is that you can login and do all those things through its UI and not the lame *** one that is the default YouTube app.

By no longer using that functionality he sees no desire or need to use the App. But the app is like $1.99 or something, what's the big deal right?
    Dadstar0410 likes this.
    03-26-2013 09:33 PM
    I think what he was getting at is the main purpose of Metrotube is that you can login and do all those things through its UI and not the lame *** one that is the default YouTube app.

By no longer using that functionality he sees no desire or need to use the App. But the app is like $1.99 or something, what's the big deal right?
    Lol I guess, but imagine all the other apps that I could've bought with $1.99!
    03-26-2013 11:57 PM

I just figured the main purpose of Metrotube would be watching videos with an app superior to the lame Microsoft YT app. You would still use it regardless of having an account. .
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-27-2013 12:04 AM
    I just figured the main purpose of Metrotube would be watching videos with an app superior to the lame Microsoft YT app. You would still use it regardless of having an account. .
    That's the reason I use Metrotube. I don't have a Google account anymore, and I never logged in with my Google account to watch YouTube videos even when I had it.
    Dadstar0410 likes this.
    03-27-2013 12:12 AM