Official instagram app is out!!!!

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
had a Z10 and sold it because it sucked and it was hard to use ;-)

How long did you have it for? You have to at least have it a week to get use to how the OS works.

I do agree Windows Phone is much easier to use. WP and iOS is better for people who just want a smartphone and know how to navigate it easily without having to learn to much. Android and BB10 are more for people who like getting to know their phone and open to learning a lot.

I think the notification system in BB10 is much more brilliant than WP. But I will always have a sweet spot for WP & Nokia. I had both the 900 & 920. :) Maybe if this Instagram thing turns out to be real and WP gets Snapchat, I may come back. :)

By the way, what problems did you have with your Z10?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
one month. I pretty burned by Blackberry now. their offerings are pretty horrible

Battery life. Syncing problems, Push Email, kept freezing etc

Alexandre Donnert

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
If this an April fools joke, maybe it push the Microsof to pay enough and provide us faster than they is planing, because if not, Microsoft will be the JOKE of the month.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
yea but I got a WP like late last year. So I think my expectations are quite different than yours man But I did do my research though :).

phing77

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Publish on April Fool to make people think it is fake, after investigate for a while people think it's real because it's got developer name right. and bam!!! after click show detail it says ☆ And Happy April 1st 2013!..

Well played instagram , Well played

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If this is a prank (and it looks like it is)... and Microsoft is in any way knowingly involved in getting this prank out there... I'd be pretty pissed.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Not really sure, but are all dev accounts automatically privy to any beta app published?

No they are not. Beta apps are controlled by the publisher and is secured based on Microsoft accounts. If your Microsoft account is not explicitly entered into the beta, it has no access to the app at all.

You cannot download beta apps from the store and sideload them at all. These XAPs from the store are different than the ones that you get directly from a developer or sideload through other means.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
When i try to install on my phone via developer account it says xap is invalid

View attachment 31517
That XAP probably came directly downloaded from windowsphone.com and then someone uploaded it elsewhere. There seem to be quite a few people out there who don't fully understand sideloading - particularly how it's used for app downloads directly on windowsphone.com.

Not being able to access it makes sense if the app is designated as a "beta" app... since it would be locked if you weren't granted access. Of course, someone could be "beta testing" a prank April Fool's app (and not inviting anyone to beta test, of course)... which would be lame, but we'll see.

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Have you seen it in the store? if this is fake, this would and could be the most legendary april fools prank

I've seen it. I don't think they'd credit another developer for the metro interface, nor write "Happy April 1st" if it's real.

It would definitely be the most outrageous and brilliant prank ever, and please let this be the sign that the real instagram is coming

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Come on guys, lets use some common sense. If they made a real instagram they would not use the EXACT images created by some guy last year as a mock up of what he thinks it should look like NOR would they design it pixel for pixel exactly what this guy mocked up.

So incredibly fake that I don't even know why this thread is still growing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire