Tasks App for windows 8 and Windows phone 8

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I am trying to find a task list that will work with both windows 8 and windows phone 8. I currently use OneNote and I am hoping for a better solution. I have also tried the task list in windows live but it still isn't what I am looking for.

The only thing I remember seeing was something I think called wonderlist or something similar to that. If you know of any task list you currently use with your W8 and WP8 to keep it in sync that would be great!

thank you!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have thought about evernote but it almost the same thing as Onenote, but I also haven't used it since I had an iPhone in 2010. I will check this out. Thank you Lak611.

Something I used on the iphone is this app: webis.net (pocket informant) it was one of the best apps I have ever used on Windows Mobile as well. I wish this app was available, they said they will not be developing this app because they do not own a windows machine and I guess the API does not give PIM access. Which I know nothing about.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
You can keep an eye on Tasks by Telerik. It's a fine app, but there's no sync capabilities so far except with Exchange. Most of the common cross-platform task managers have craptastic clients for Windows Phone, I've personally settled with OneNote until something better comes along.

Onager1286

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
How about using the app 2 Day on Windows Phone with a Toodledo account? I've just settled on that because I've been going nuts trying to find a good tasks solution, and it supports everything I need - recurring tasks, projects, and it syncs across platforms. On the desktop I use a program called task angel to sync with Toodledo.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
What about Outlook? Tasks in Outlook show up as a "to do" list in the WP8 calendar.

So far this is the best solution. With Outlook 2013 for my surface pro, it sync's my tasks! Looking for something more robust, but works :)

Thank you to everybody for the help!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to get tasks to show up on the Windows 8 Calendar like it shows up on Outlook 2013 and WP8?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
How much does it cost? And do they have a windowsphone app?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

alienking70

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
You can keep an eye on Tasks by Telerik. It's a fine app, but there's no sync capabilities so far except with Exchange. Most of the common cross-platform task managers have craptastic clients for Windows Phone, I've personally settled with OneNote until something better comes along.

Something better? I love OneNote. :unhappysweat:

alienking70

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Is there a way to get tasks to show up on the Windows 8 Calendar like it shows up on Outlook 2013 and WP8?

The Lumia 928 has a to do list built in. As long as there is a due date on it, it shows up in the calendar on the phone and outlook.com and outlook 2013.

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi all - I started using To-Do Prime. Syncs between Windows 8.1 on my laptop, Windows RT 8.1 on my Surface 2, and Windows Phone 8 on my Lumia 521. Best solution I could find so far that works on all three. Has categories, reminders, live-tile, reminders, syncing with Outlook.com calendar, and Skydrive backup. I'm impressed.

PeltFrelken

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
If you're looking for more for a basic To-Do list, TinyDO is great.
Evernote is much more feature filled and great if you want sync'd cross-platform, and document sharing to just about any desktop/mobile OS.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
So far I still like Effectual the best, neat design and good live tile, and yes both Win8 and WP8 version. Although recently I'm having trouble with the Win8 version after upgrading to 8.1. Give it a try on WP though, awesome app

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I use Outlook tasks and I have been trying the WP app "Iconical" with Outlook (connected to exchange in Office 365 Pro 1). It has the great feature of a large tile, on the WP start screen, that flips with your upcoming tasks on one side and upcoming calendar items on the other. This makes Outlook tasks more convenient/ noticeable.

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I use Outlook tasks and I have been trying the WP app "Iconical" with Outlook (connected to exchange in Office 365 Pro 1). It has the great feature of a large tile, on the WP start screen, that flips with your upcoming tasks on one side and upcoming calendar items on the other. This makes Outlook tasks more convenient/ noticeable.

Does Iconical sync tasks and calendar in the background? Or you have to start the app to do it?

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Does Iconical sync tasks and calendar in the background? Or you have to start the app to do it?

Iconical syncs the calendar every 30 minutes typically by running in the background.

Unfortunately, I think I jumped to the conclusion that it was syncing Tasks too, but it isn't? It has "Tasks" and they display on the flip tile but I can't see how to get them to sync? Darn.

Edit:
I emailed Iconical and they say that the Windows Phone operating system doesn't currently allow access to Outlook Tasks by Apps. They say if this changes, they likely will add it to their App.

Last edited:

Richard Durishin

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I emailed Iconical and they say that the Windows Phone operating system doesn't currently allow access to Outlook Tasks by Apps. They say if this changes, they likely will add it to their App.

Yeah, but, if Iconical syncs Exchange, should it not grab those tasks and show them on the tile? I am just looking for something that will show my appointments on one side of the tile and my next tasks do on the flip side.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo