Peoples hub vs Facebook app

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to Facebook but I see alot of features missing on peoples hub than Facebook app so can anyone give me advice can I search Facebook from peoples hub,send friends requests,respond to friends requests

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
You can compose, view, and comment. That's it.

I prefer it to the app because that's all I need Facebook to do on my phone. Not to mention, the people hub is fast! Like basically instant.

If I need to do anything else I have a computer or tablet to it do with.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I use the People Hub because I like my feed in one place, I don't understand how some people use Facebook that they can't do what they need in the hub. My university got facebook pretty early so I've been on since TheFacebook days, so maybe I just don't understand how younger kids are using it.

Shoulders

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I use the People Hub and Me Tile most of the time, just for status/pictures, but there are a couple of issues.

Not all pictures from friends posts display properly. You will see the thumbnail, but when you open it you will see it briefly, then it will show an old photo in it's place. I guess this could be that the friend has changed their privacy settings, and the People Hub wants to show you then can't, so defaults to the last image before the settings were changed. They view fine in the Facebook app though.

Also, the Me Tile doesn't let you know when people message you in Facebook. You see tags, likes and comments, but not messages and you also don't always get IMs come through the Messaging Hub either. The IMs are a bit hit and miss. I've missed a few messages by not checking the app for a while and relying on the phone's built in features. Again the app plugs this gap.

So i use a bit of both, but mostly the People Hub.

It depends what you want to use it for. For Status, Photos and Check Ins, the People Hub and Me Tile are fine. Anything more and you will have to dip into the app now and again.

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
People Hub is basically your phonebook with social media integration. Just remember that first and foremost.

Don't expect it to take the place of a dedicated Facebook app and you'll be okay.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I use the People Hub because I like my feed in one place, I don't understand how some people use Facebook that they can't do what they need in the hub. My university got facebook pretty early so I've been on since TheFacebook days, so maybe I just don't understand how younger kids are using it.
I can't search for other friends and family throughout Facebook send friend request and so on I do like the peoples hub but i don't see mutual friends,friend requests etc would love for peoples hub to do it all no Facebook app needed !

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I can't search for other friends and family throughout Facebook send friend request and so on I do like the peoples hub but i don't see mutual friends,friend requests etc would love for peoples hub to do it all no Facebook app needed !

Actually, you can search on the Microsoft Facebook app. You just have to swipe over to your profile (next window after news feed and photos), tap 'friends', tap the search button below, swipe to 'everyone' to search anyone on FB.

Searching for 'pages' should not be that difficult either. :)

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
sliding to the contacts to search for contacts is not intuituve enough?
not searching for contacts searching for other friends and family (from the peoples hub) that are not in your contacts .i can find my contacts but can't find a way to search facebook(once again from peoples hub) for other friends or other Facebook pages or family

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
not searching for contacts searching for other friends and family (from the peoples hub) that are not in your contacts .i can find my contacts but can't find a way to search facebook(once again from peoples hub) for other friends or other Facebook pages or family

Have you tried what I have instructed in my previous post?

Works on me. Give it a try and let us know.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried what I have instructed in my previous post?

Works on me. Give it a try and let us know.
yes I have I was just wanting to know if I could do all of that from the peoples hub search Facebook for other sites and see if I can find old friends not just the one I've already found( from peoples hub ) in other word no more Facebook app do it all from peoples hub

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
if you are friends on facebook, and you have your facebook account connected to your phone, they are in your contacts. that's the purpose of people hub, to pull everything into one place.

swipe to contacts and search

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok I guess I keep being misunderstood I'm trying to look for new friends.not ones in my contacts once again from the peoples hub.i see my existing friends no problem but I'm looking for other friends whom I don't have once again from peoples hub not the app or website from peoples hub.. And once again not friends already in contacts but those I still don't ....wow

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Besides, people hub was not designed to replace Facebook app. He is looking for a functionality that wasn't intended on people hub. PH is a phonebook with limited social media integration.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
sliding to the contacts to search for contacts is not intuituve enough?

First, there is no sliding to "contacts". The app opens to "news feed", from which you can swipe to "photos" or to the "--------" page, where you can update your status or dip into "FAVORITES". I assume this untitled page is what you're calling "contacts". This page should probably have been split across a clearly titled "profile" page (that would correspond to your timeline) and a separate page that deals with friends, subscriptions, groups and other pages you've connected to.

Anyway, that untitled page still has no Search function. You need to select "Friends" to see a search option pop up at the bottom of the screen (or click on "MORE" below an abbreviated list of your Groups or Pages- either of which take you a page within FRIENDS). From there you can search for people, or swipe over to Pages to look for things like brand pages or perhaps celebrities or other things that you'd presumably follow rather than actually be 'friends' with.

So, overall I would still argue that the search functionality is sub-optimal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa