WPCentral app mysteriously blocked in background tasks

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
This morning I noticed my WPCentral live tile didn't update. I looked in Background Tasks and the app was mysteriously blocked from running in the background last night. Huh? This has never happened before. In the app update information it said something about a network error. All the other apps I allow to run in the background updated just fine last night and weren't mysteriously blocked. It was just the WPCentral app. Don't know if it's an issue with the app, or if perhaps it has something to do with the latest firmware update for the Nokia Lumia 920. I haven't experienced any of the connectivity issues that other people have been reporting though. My phone has been working just fine. Weird. Hopefully, this was just a one-time glitch. Anyone else experience this?

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
The OS blocks apps that you don't open at least once in a 2 week period, I doubt that is your case here, the other reason the OS blocks an app is if its background agent crashes too many times.

iamoniwaban

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Happens to be yesterday. I simply opened wpcentral app, looked qt the settings all seemed normal. Looked back at the process and it wasn't blocked any more. Weird

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The OS blocks apps that you don't open at least once in a 2 week period, I doubt that is your case here, the other reason the OS blocks an app is if its background agent crashes too many times.

I open WPCentral several times a day, every day, so it can't be the first scenario you mentioned. Must be the latter. I guess the background agent must have crashed last night. I also noticed I had more battery drain than usual last night. This must have been the culprit. We'll see if it happens again tonight. This is the first issue I've ever had with that app. It has always worked flawlessly for me.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The past two nights my WPCentral app was mysteriously blocked again. I checked the live tile settings in the app, and there was the same Network Error message. Hmm, maybe it's a bug with the app. If it was my phone, you'd think my other live tiles would have been affected also.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The past two nights my WPCentral app was mysteriously blocked again. I checked the live tile settings in the app, and there was the same Network Error message. Hmm, maybe it's a bug with the app. If it was my phone, you'd think my other live tiles would have been affected also.
I got network error today, but it was the ESPN app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb