Best Chat app

Arlensu

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello Windophoners!!!

I need some advice, I have a Htc 8x and my husband an Lumia 800, we are both using whats app but lately these app is driving us crazy, sometimes it does noes recieved the message, sometimes it received 3 hours later and sometimes it does not beep at all.

So we are looking for a more stable chat app, do you have any recommendation? We also have Line and even thought is very cute with the sticker and all, have huge troubles to updates the message, we always have to keep the chat open for a long time to get the latest message or file.

Thank you for your help!

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
What's wrong with messenger or Skype messaging? These works great for or WP...
Sent from my Red Lumia using Board Express

anon(5914335)

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello Windophoners!!!

I need some advice, I have a Htc 8x and my husband an Lumia 800, we are both using whats app but lately these app is driving us crazy, sometimes it does noes recieved the message, sometimes it received 3 hours later and sometimes it does not beep at all.

So we are looking for a more stable chat app, do you have any recommendation? We also have Line and even thought is very cute with the sticker and all, have huge troubles to updates the message, we always have to keep the chat open for a long time to get the latest message or file.

Thank you for your help!

Patience, there's an update to Whatsapp coming with a complete overhall of the notification system. Nokia is involved in helping them, they'll get it fixed.

We are hoping by the end of May.

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I actually came on here today to ask abotu chat apps in general so I'll just throw my question into this thread. With all the different chat apps available, and the focus on them by tech sites, I was wondering what is the main reason people use these over standard sms/mms. My wife has an iPhone 5 and I have an 8X. Our Skype experience between our two phones has been awful regarding video calls, but as for the messaging I've been trying to think of any good reason to switch to a messaging app for us. None of our friends seem to use any with their phones. So simply, what are the benefits people see from using these apps or a different service like Skype or messenger over sms/mms? Just curious!

anon(5914335)

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I actually came on here today to ask abotu chat apps in general so I'll just throw my question into this thread. With all the different chat apps available, and the focus on them by tech sites, I was wondering what is the main reason people use these over standard sms/mms. My wife has an iPhone 5 and I have an 8X. Our Skype experience between our two phones has been awful regarding video calls, but as for the messaging I've been trying to think of any good reason to switch to a messaging app for us. None of our friends seem to use any with their phones. So simply, what are the benefits people see from using these apps or a different service like Skype or messenger over sms/mms? Just curious!

1) Some people don't have free picture and video texting. Third party apps work over data and avoid these charges as long as you have enough monthly data.
2) Third party chat apps work over data and wifi. Many use them to avoid the high SMS fees when travelling.
3) They usually contain more advanced features that people like: Seeing when someone is actually typing a reply and notification if the message was received are a couple off the top of my head.

Others will probably have more reasons.

Brendon Foster

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I use WeChat personally. Chat, group chat, send pics/videos, video chat. Everything's free and the user interface is really good too. Even has social features in it as well and will notify you when one of your phone contacts joins WeChat as well. I've used kik, what's app, and plenty of other chat clients but WeChat is my favorite one so far.

Sumanth Daggubati1

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
if both of you have windows phones why don't you use in built messenger(windows messenger i believe ). i don't know what they call it now since its discontinued but it still works great on windows phone. Personally i have a l920 and my gf has l820. we use messenger all the time and it works great for us. just open messaging swipe to the right and set status as online. its that simple. That said it only works if everyone else we care about has a windows phone. I am yet to find an app that works better than whatsapp on windows phone. I personally do not have any problems with it now

Justin429

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I tried Kik, but it was a battery drain like nothing I've ever known. Also tried others, but my friend and I were simply looking for a good app where we could write and not incur SMS charges.

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's just chat you want, and if it's just between you and your husband, use the messages hub. You can chat via messenger(Skype) or via Facebook if you prefer.

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty much the reasons I figured most people used them. We both have WeChat right now just for the video calls because Skype is horrible between our phones, but other than that SMS works fine for us, particularly because it's unlimited on our plan. Thanks for the replies!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon