ProShot vs Wikipedia

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I voted for Pro Shot, but now I wish I had seen the 2.0 app before I voted, or could take it back, because Wikipedia looks like a great app to promote the ecosystem now.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Thank you soooo much for your support everyone!! Seriously. I don't even know what to say... :grincry:

Can't vote for ProShot as it does not work on my Ativ S and I would suggest that the "top" app needs to work on all WP8 devices.

I am really sorry for this...I haven't been able to get my hands on an AtivS here in the US (and after buying a Lumia 920 and an HTC 8X, I don't yet have another $500 to spare on an international version of the Ativ S). I was able to briefly test ProShot on the Samsung Odyssey, and was pretty shocked to find incredibly buggy hardware support for exposure compensation, shutter speed, and non-existant support for manual focus. As far as I was able to tell (this was about a month or two ago, btw), Samsung simply did not add hardware support for manual focus in their devices, and that's one of the big draws of ProShot.

I didn't have enough time with the device to implement a 'watered-down' version of ProShot (I also want to avoid fragmentation, it's one of the big reasons I'm developing for WP and not competing platforms). My only choice was to label the app as "incompatible" with Samsung devices, and hope for a future firmware upgrade that addresses these issues.

Sorry for the wordy explanation. I really want to make ProShot 100% compatible with the Ativ S because it's an awesome Windows Phone.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
ppl wont vote for an app they never used ....

I'm pretty sure most people submitted votes for apps that they hadn't used. I certainly did. If I hadn't used an app I would read the description, look at reviews in the store and then do a quick search on WPC to see what the word was. I don't think there was any expectation that people would use all of these apps, or abstain from voting if they hadn't.

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Uhhh, the winner is gonna be revealed in 4 hours!!!

PS: I love Gianna Michaels in your avatar pic ;)

There is no Gianna Michaels. It's Lexi Belle, Bobbi Starr, Gracie Glam and Breanne Benson :) I would swap Gianna with Lexi though :)

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Uhhh, the winner is gonna be revealed in 4 hours!!!

There is no Gianna Michaels. It's Lexi Belle, Bobbi Starr, Gracie Glam and Breanne Benson :) I would swap Gianna with Lexi though :)

Waiting for results.

Oh, the one on the top looked like Gianna.

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
They should reward Rudy by giving him access to the search button :D Would be kickass if that button would let me search within the Wikipedia app :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077