View Poll Results: Which app do you think should win?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • ProShot

47 73.44%
  • Wikipedia

17 26.56%
04-09-2013 04:46 PM
53 123
tools
    Hey,
    I am in no way affiliated with any of the two devs, but I wanted to know your opinion on which app should win, since I saw a lot of these competitions won unfair by buying quotes. So, I basically want to know what's the real favorite, since almost every Windows Phone Poweruser is registered at WPCentral :D I mean, it's a really unique app which brings more control over the camera against a perfectly designed Wikipedia app that I use every day, both deserve to win, but it's always interesting to see other people's meaning.
    04-06-2013 09:24 AM
    Proshot.
    04-06-2013 09:41 AM
    Proshot
    04-06-2013 09:52 AM
    proshot since it's more essential to the phone
    04-06-2013 12:06 PM
    I just don't think we should advertise windows phone by saying "HEY WE HAVE WIKIPEDIA!!" so yah I vote proshot
    04-06-2013 12:12 PM
    that's pretty clear, I think so too :) but still, Wikipedia is leading on Next App Star..
    04-06-2013 12:28 PM
    I just don't think we should advertise windows phone by saying "HEY WE HAVE WIKIPEDIA!!" so yah I vote proshot
    This and the fact that Microsoft will then have a deeper look at ProShot. I want them to collaborate with the ProShot Dev. The ProShot App is just so much better than the default camera app and every ProShot user would like Microsoft to replace the Default camera app. I could think of assigning the ProShot app to the camera button.

What are we gonna do with Wikipedia? It's a nice app, but that's it. Whenever I need to know something, I find myself using the Bing Search button anyways.
    solution2u likes this.
    04-06-2013 12:49 PM
    ProShot.....easy vote for me - it changed my 820's camera into something amazing.

Wikipedia is just an existence that I can find on the internet if I wish.
    Jimmy Cooper likes this.
    04-06-2013 01:43 PM
    ProShot. It's the better app, and a better advertisement for WP8.
    Jimmy Cooper likes this.
    04-06-2013 01:45 PM
    I can't understand how Wikipedia is leading in this last round! It should have been a clear win for Proshot - not saying either of those apps are unattractive, but looking at a broader picture you want to show off something that enhances the platform! Wikipedia comes with pixelated double wide tile and still leads the poll? :s
    solution2u and Axefield like this.
    04-06-2013 01:48 PM
    Too bad, I already put my vote on Wiki because of Rudy. IDGAS about what the app does, but WHO MADE IT.
    Likewise, I've always hated apps that filter my pics, which also includes Instagram...
    04-06-2013 01:50 PM
    Too bad, I already put my vote on Wiki because of Rudy. IDGAS about what the app does, but WHO MADE IT.
    Likewise, I've always hated apps that filter my pics, which also includes Instagram...
    Wow
    04-06-2013 01:57 PM
    Does it hurt?
    th0mas96 likes this.
    04-06-2013 02:01 PM
    it's not a filter app, it allows real enhancements - manual ISO, focus and shutter time, it features an awesome live tile, provides a lot of time saving features like Burst shot, timer shots etc...
    04-06-2013 02:02 PM
    But do I really NEED those features? No. Got WP for Xbox and to get away from Google's clutches, not so I could take better pictures.
    04-06-2013 02:04 PM
    But do I really NEED those features? No. Got WP for Xbox and to get away from Google's clutches, not so I could take better pictures.
    But you really "need" an app like Wikipedia? I understand... You shouldnt have voted for anything imho.
    04-06-2013 02:18 PM
    ProShot is definitely the better app IMO.

Why would anyone even need a Wikipedia app when one can access Wikipedia through the browser?
    04-06-2013 02:51 PM
    I don't use Wikipedia app, just one question for someone who does. What does the Wikipedia app do that's better than just using the browser or can't you just pin Wikipedia to your start page if you want it? Seriously, I just think an app should do something, not just a way of opening a website.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-06-2013 02:58 PM
    I will be a sad morning to find out that Wikipedia is THE BEST APP on WP! It makes a bold statement about WP users though.
    sueha likes this.
    04-06-2013 03:01 PM
    I will be a sad morning to find out that Wikipedia is THE BEST APP on WP! It makes a bold statement about WP users though.
    I would say it is also more of a statement about Facebook users than anything else. Anyone who has Facebook can vote on the apps, even if he/she does not use a Windows Phone. However, those of us who use Windows Phone but do not use Facebook cannot vote.
    M L and sueha like this.
    04-06-2013 03:04 PM
    Okay, so I wonder how many of you have the WPCentral app installed on your phone (and voted for it earlier), when you all are trying to ask me why rather use an app instead of the site itself.
    Such effin' hypocrites, I tell ya.
    04-06-2013 04:13 PM
    You could at least respect the developer's work...
    This kind of attitude does't make me want to vote for ProShot even if it's a great app.
    04-06-2013 04:16 PM
    Okay, so I wonder how many of you have the WPCentral app installed on your phone (and voted for it earlier), when you all are trying to ask me why rather use an app instead of the site itself.
    Such effin' hypocrites, I tell ya.
    I have the WPCentral app installed, but you cant compare Wikipedia to WPCentral. WPCentral (like many other pages) simply sucks on mobile IE, because the Forum experience is not the same as wpcentral.com on the desktop. Furthermore is it simply easier to open links in articles, e.g. links to the app store.

But it's interesting how you keep trying to explain the benefits of the Wikipedia app by talking about the benefits of the wpcentral app. Now go play your xbox games and dont try to talk about an app you didnt even understand (filter app lol).
    04-06-2013 04:21 PM
    You could at least respect the developer's work...
    This kind of attitude does't make me want to vote for ProShot even if it's a great app.
    Same goes to you, if you make your decision dependent on our comments/attitudes. The contest is about the app, its value to the platform and the efforts behind it, and not about the comments in this thread.
    04-06-2013 04:28 PM
    Definitely not what I wanted, I think everyone knows that both apps are really awesome, and the Wikipedia app is way better than the webpage. I basically created this to get an overview of the users meaning, because jaxbot (Windowsphonehacker) lost some challenge by Nokia to a totally useless app that had just faked votes.
    sueha, despertador and MrA2Z like this.
    04-06-2013 04:29 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD