The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
01-14-2016 09:24 PM
1,280 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I'm using Lumia 720 and app crashes when open an article, or blank scren....
    05-31-2013 12:54 PM
    I'm using Lumia 720 and app crashes when open an article, or blank scren....
    No crashes here (Lumia 920) ... do you use FB 4.0 or new FB 5.0 beta ? (this 5.0 beta is a better one)

FB 5.0 beta: Facebook Beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    05-31-2013 01:24 PM
    Amazing Weather HD! :)

Although, I am not sure what is new since I don't see a changelog. Updating.

Amazing Weather HD | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread. This was supposed to go in the updates thread. :(
    Last edited by Nimdock; 05-31-2013 at 01:45 PM.
    05-31-2013 01:29 PM
    Anyone else having issues in 5.0.1.3 when you click on a post and it takes you to just a blank screen? You can see the # of comments and likes, the post itself is blank, like white font n white background.

It is MUCH improved over the 4+ version that WP7.5 had.
    Yep i have this since the latest update, so annoying, i didn't have this problem before
    06-01-2013 05:17 AM
    The Facebook app rarely updates my chat list to show who is and who isn't online. Will there be a fix for this later on?
    06-01-2013 02:55 PM
    FB app does not load at all. last three days or so. im on a lumia 928. any advice.
    06-04-2013 11:44 PM
    ^try reinstalling.
    fuclosure likes this.
    06-05-2013 03:16 AM
    The recent update has created more bugs than the previous version, it's unbelievable how the developers are not spotting these things when testing. I know it's a beta but it's an absolute joke to be releasing versions that are worse than previous ones.
    06-05-2013 09:59 AM
    I'm still trying to figure all of this windows phone stuff out... I used the regular MS FB app and have now switched to the Beta version. My question is, is there are way to post multipule photo's at a time like in iOS or andriod? So far, all I see is that I can only post one photo at a time.
    06-06-2013 12:16 PM
    I'm still trying to figure all of this windows phone stuff out... I used the regular MS FB app and have now switched to the Beta version. My question is, is there are way to post multipule photo's at a time like in iOS or andriod? So far, all I see is that I can only post one photo at a time.
    You can actually choose several pics from Photos then tap share and choose Facebook right from your gallery (Photos)
    06-06-2013 12:24 PM
    You can actually choose several pics from Photos then tap share and choose Facebook right from your gallery (Photos)
    Ok... will look at that. Will it post it as group of photo's and allow a comment or discription?

Boy talk about old dog and new tricks.... ;)
    06-06-2013 12:39 PM
    not sure if someone already posted it but ..

the official fb app has a limited pictures in an album same goes with the people app
    06-06-2013 02:09 PM
    I understand the economics of creating an app. But I doubt its that difficult to create a decent app and support it. I can't get rid of those annoying game notices and invites. The links on news posts don't work. I can learn a different layout. But I really don't want to give up the functions I'm used to having. And with the WP you can't copy and past any text. So I couldn't even copy those links to a web browser.
    06-07-2013 11:36 PM
    I understand the economics of creating an app. But I doubt its that difficult to create a decent app and support it. I can't get rid of those annoying game notices and invites. The links on news posts don't work. I can learn a different layout. But I really don't want to give up the functions I'm used to having. And with the WP you can't copy and past any text. So I couldn't even copy those links to a web browser.
    Did you update your Facebook app 2 days ago ?

Facebook Beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    06-07-2013 11:51 PM
    Perhaps a fix to show a phone image when the Facebook app is closed would be nice. I always have a green online symbol next to my name no matter what I'm doing.
    06-10-2013 11:59 AM
    Hey everyone, I'm new to windows phone, and I love it, but for the love of all that is holy....is there a way to get Facebook messenger notifications on this thing? It's supposed to be baked into the SMS app but doesn't work. I don't receive notifications using official Facebook app, or the beta, I pinned messenger to my start screen but it doesn't show them either. Please help.
    06-10-2013 09:26 PM
    Hey everyone, I'm new to windows phone, and I love it, but for the love of all that is holy....is there a way to get Facebook messenger notifications on this thing? It's supposed to be baked into the SMS app but doesn't work. I don't receive notifications using official Facebook app, or the beta, I pinned messenger to my start screen but it doesn't show them either. Please help.
    I had not problems with the toast notifications of integrated facebook (messaging), until today (maybe they meshed something on the server) ... well, I have been using ICQ as a "Facebook Messenger" as suggested by "Kingsly Eleazer" - the toast notifications of ICQ is working ...
    Ryano89 likes this.
    06-11-2013 12:05 AM
    I had not problems with the toast notifications of integrated facebook (messaging), until today (maybe they meshed something on the server) ... well, I have been using ICQ as a "Facebook Messenger" as suggested by "Kingsly Eleazer" - the toast notifications of ICQ is working ...
    In a strange twist, I downloaded ICQ and for the first time since I've been on WP8(Lumia 928, purchased on launch day) I got messenger notifications through the SMS app! Coincidence?
    06-11-2013 07:02 PM
    Dont know if this is the right thread...but here it goes. I just swtched over from my Iphone to the Nokia 928 and this FB is complete crap. So after doing some research I went and tried to download the FB WP8 app but its telling me that its not downloadable. The app I have just says Facebook by Windows or something like that.

Are these the same thing? And if they aren't...how do I down load the FB WP8 version?
    06-13-2013 07:47 AM
    Dont know if this is the right thread...but here it goes. I just swtched over from my Iphone to the Nokia 928 and this FB is complete crap. So after doing some research I went and tried to download the FB WP8 app but its telling me that its not downloadable. The app I have just says Facebook by Windows or something like that.

Are these the same thing? And if they aren't...how do I down load the FB WP8 version?
    There is a beta app by Microsoft which should be very similar to your iPhone Version: Facebook Beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    It is only downloadable by clicking on the link though (cause it is a beta).
    06-13-2013 08:03 AM
    Does anyone know of a Facebook app that has working push notifications? I don't mean for chat, I mean for notifications like mentions/tags/comments etc. The beta doesn't work at all, I have to manually check for notifications.
    Jonathan Piferrer likes this.
    06-14-2013 03:11 AM
    Does anyone know of a Facebook app that has working push notifications? I don't mean for chat, I mean for notifications like mentions/tags/comments etc. The beta doesn't work at all, I have to manually check for notifications.
    JDB for Facebook is the only reliable one.
    JDB for Facebook | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    JDB for Facebook ᴾᴿᴼ | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    MDak280 likes this.
    06-14-2013 08:25 AM
    Thanks, I'll try it. Although the UI looks ugly, I think I can get used to it.

Edit: Facebook beta just got an update. Do you suppose it fixed notifications?
    Last edited by MDak280; 06-14-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    06-14-2013 05:28 PM
    Thanks, I'll try it. Although the UI looks ugly, I think I can get used to it.

Edit: Facebook beta just got an update. Do you suppose it fixed notifications?
    Added support for several languages
    according to a guy in the app updates thread, so I am confident that the answer is no.

Yes, the UI is orignially based on the mobile site thus they cannot depart to far from it in terms of design, but JDB adds many nice features to it, that you cannot get in the mobile website or in the official app.
    I suggest you use the theme that adjusts to your accent color, I really like it, I never liked the ugly blue FB tile ;)
    MDak280 likes this.
    06-14-2013 07:29 PM
    is it me or the top blue bar looks smaller? lol
    06-14-2013 07:35 PM
1,280 ... 89101112 ...