Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

prateekj1993

May 29, 2013
Visit site
can you please specifically mention what settings you are referring to? What I want is to be able to send and receive messages without being signed into chat (my chat status should be offline). Is there any way to do it other than the facebook app??

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
still no landscape mode in the latest update either. Ugh.
I don't think we'll ever get a landscape support on mobile. If i'm not mistaken, both iOS and android mobile phone apps support only portrait orientation. Photos can be viewed in Landscape mode and i think it makes sense.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't think we'll ever get a landscape support on mobile. If i'm not mistaken, both iOS and android mobile phone apps support only portrait orientation. Photos can be viewed in Landscape mode and i think it makes sense.

Other apps seem to do it just fine. Before I switched to WP, and I used the official FB app on Android which did landscape without issue. I used it like that all the time. Maps, Drive, E-mail, Messaging, etc. all go landscape without issue. There is no reason that FB should not other than laziness.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Actually most Android apps allow landscape mode. Also, most of the OS itself can be used in landscape mode apart from the home screens (Touchwiz at least, don't know about other GUI's).
Some WP apps have a landscape mode so it is pure laziness if the devs of a particular app don't bother to allow landscape within their own app.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
with the release of the new Facebook app, I was wondering if the Facebook and Facebook Beta apps are currently the exact same? I saw that the Beta will continue to get updated with features before they are sent to the official Facebook app. I just didn't know if they are currently the same

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The beta version shows your background image on the wide tile. The updated non-beta seems to be missing this. Anyone else notice this?

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The beta version shows your background image on the wide tile. The updated non-beta seems to be missing this. Anyone else notice this?

yeah I just checked and you're right.

also, does the lockscreen feature work for anyone on either app? I tried to get both the Beta and Facebook app to change my lockscreen, but it never changes from the blue facebook image

rianash

May 27, 2013
Visit site
So guys, how do you like the new facebook app (v5, 1 July 2013) interface?

I'm about to download it but put off by reading some of the local reviews (Indonesian store) mostly saying that they like the old WP-ish interface better. The new interface looks no difference than iOS' and Android's, making WP facebook doesn't stand out. Except for fb chat, they found nothing else is new.

Any thought? Does any of you find any improvement on user experience?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi rianash. If you wonder how the new Facebook looks like... just try facebook beta. It's available to download via link to windows phone store. Many guys were testing it during last 2 months and it's now out as an official fb app. If you download beta it's separate Application, so don't worry. It won't replace your old Facebook. Beta is exactly same as NEW official FB app. http://www.windowsphone.com/pl-pl/store/app/facebook-beta/93da5d29-daf0-4783-9ed5-a87b33247ec6 greetings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills