Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I noticed a strange issue with the latest FB app and the FB Beta app. Both shows a different list of online friends. The beta app shows a wrong list while the production app shows the most updated one (in sync with the website). Has anyone noticed this issue ?

rianash

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi rianash. If you wonder how the new Facebook looks like... just try facebook beta. It's available to download via link to windows phone store. Many guys were testing it during last 2 months and it's now out as an official fb app. If you download beta it's separate Application, so don't worry. It won't replace your old Facebook. Beta is exactly same as NEW official FB app. Facebook Beta | Windows Phone Polska: Sklep z aplikacjami i grami greetings.

Thanks, Mate. Will download the Beta. Cheers..

peris7

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I own a Lumia 920, i do not get any updates from friends on news feed. I only get updates from some facebook pages, nothing more. Friends posts, check-ins etc, are not shown at all. What may be the problem?

anon(6183039)

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if its the right thread but my FB chat (people HUB, not the FB app) drops connection every and then.. Also, I noticed Im not able to receive FB message from contacts who sent message from mobile clients (eg. Facebook for iOS).

Anyone have a clue?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if its the right thread but my FB chat (people HUB, not the FB app) drops connection every and then.. Also, I noticed Im not able to receive FB message from contacts who sent message from mobile clients (eg. Facebook for iOS).

Anyone have a clue?

Hi Leandro! There's nothing wrong with your phone and/or connection... The issues you experience are well-known to WP users. Built-in chat allows you to receive messages only from online contacts. Also connection drops happens to everyone, sometimes it works great, then 'poof' and you receive delayed messages/don't receive anything/can't switch to online. It's frustrating, I guess it depends on servers used by Microsoft to host this service(whole built-in fb integration). Hope they will fix it somehow. Greetings :)

Ratman826

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
so, everything works fine with this Facebook Beta on my Lumia 920, except for one thing: I CAN'T SHARE POSTS!
yes, so every time when I'm trying to share post, I always get this message "Sorry, Unable to share This might be due to the privacy settings of this post"
it this funny how I can share the exact same post on facebook.com on my laptop.
anyone help?

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
So I take it that we're currently unable to change who we post as on pages we admin?

so, everything works fine with this Facebook Beta on my Lumia 920, except for one thing: I CAN'T SHARE POSTS!
yes, so every time when I'm trying to share post, I always get this message "Sorry, Unable to share This might be due to the privacy settings of this post"
it this funny how I can share the exact same post on facebook.com on my laptop.
anyone help?
Well, I was able to share one of my own text-only posts. Any posts I try to share, Public or not, that have a photo on it get the same error.

Flavio Lopes

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I own a Lumia 920, i do not get any updates from friends on news feed. I only get updates from some facebook pages, nothing more. Friends posts, check-ins etc, are not shown at all. What may be the problem?

I have the same problem. can you try with another facebook account? I used my mother's and it worked.
but in other facebook aps I can see friends post and checkins. so is it from my account or the facebook since we have the same problem.

marinang

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I am always online on fb. I logged out from web, from the app, from my pc, from evertything and i am still online. All this started when i instaled ICQ app and enabled use facebook chat(in settings
-->messaging) and then i uninstaled the ICQ app and disabled facebook chat in settings and i am still online. Can someone help me?
thanks in advance :)

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I am always online on fb. I logged out from web, from the app, from my pc, from evertything and i am still online. All this started when i instaled ICQ app and enabled use facebook chat(in settings
-->messaging) and then i uninstaled the ICQ app and disabled facebook chat in settings and i am still online. Can someone help me?
thanks in advance :)

I think that you have to install ICQ again and then go offline in Facebook by ICQ (you find it from ICQ settings) ...

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
when i first got my L925, i was receiving facebook notifications constantly and i could even chat with my friends without any delay...now however i get delays constantly, 3-4 days late. frustrating.

Rowan2013

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Notifications don't appear on my Lumia 520.

Also, since installing the app; if I log on to Facebook on a desktop it says I have 1 notification then it immediately disappears with out any trace of what the notification was :/

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Why does trying to post a picture on a Group page using the Facebook app cause the app to crash? That's literally the only thing I need the Facebook app for, since Group support isn't native to the OS. What a steaming pile of excrement.

I tried it in both the beta and regular app and they both crash. Every. Single. Time. Lumia 1020.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3